1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

[VFDC CHOICE] CONFIRMED Methods for SARAH's Items

Discussion in 'Quest, Kumite and Items' started by MsWayneWayne, Apr 13, 2002.

1. MsWayneWayne

MsWayneWayne Active Member

02/04/16 UPDATE:
    Greanleaf Necklace CONFIRMED

02/04/20 UPDATE:
    Heirloom Necklace CONFIRMED
    Coin Earring MODIFIED

02/04/21 UPDATE:
    Orange Sunglasses FOUND
    Zipper Earring FOUND
    Egyptian Necklace FOUND

02/04/25 UPDATE:
    Topic RECONSTRUCTED
    Butterfly Choker CONFIRMED
    Anchor Necklace CONFIRMED

---------------------------------------

These are verified methods of earning most of Sarah's Items. Unlisted items have not been confirmed as of yet. If you have any contributions, please reply to this topic.

**Default character appearances for most of Sarah's items is necessary. Do not equip any additional items other than the ones mentioned. Try not to win with Ring Outs or Time Outs unless stated. (100 streak item does not apply.)

Also, you don't have to win the match to get an item. (ie. If you want to get the Anchor Earring, you can just keep getting hit by Sarah's Gatling Kick Beat until you lose. You'll get it anyway.)

All these methods can be done in VERSUS Mode.

---------------------
    SARAH BRYANT
    ---------------------

HEAD
    -------

Purple Sunglasses
    Achieve an excellent victory.

Green Sunglasses
    Achieve an excellent victory with the Purple Sunglasses equipped.

Crimson Sunglasses
    Win 5 consecutive matches.

Black Sunglasses
    Win 15 consecutive matches with the Crimson Sunglasses equipped.

Gold Sunglasses
    Win 30 consecutive matches with the Black Sunglasses equipped.

Orange Sunglasses
    Defeat "Goosebumps" in Kumite Mode. (1st Kyu, 1P outfit)

EARS
    --------

Striped Earring
    Perform Side Throws frequently.

Hexagon Earring
    Perform Evade Attacks frequently.

Anchor Earring
    Get hit by Sarah's Gatling Kick Beat.

Gold Ring Earring
    Win a round within 10 seconds.

Coin Earring
    Perferm Double Rise Kick (b + P+K) for the entire round. *See SarahNote1.

Amethyst Star: Win 50 consecutive matches with the Bunney Ears equipped.

2-Hearts Earring
    unconfirmed

Zipper Earring
    Defeat "Roadkill" in Kumite Mode. (5th Dan, 1P outfit)

ARMS
    -------

Bullet Wrist Band
    Escape Throws frequently.

5-Ruby Bracelet
    Guard many combos and strike attacks.

Leopard Wrist Band
    Perform Counter Attacks frequently.

Turqoise Bracelet
    Guard many combos and strike attacks with the Bunny Ears equipped.

Leather Wrist Band
    Win 5 consecutive matches each within 15 seconds.

Python Wrist Band
    unconfirmed

Leather Bracelet
    Won only in Kumite Mode. Opponent unconfirmed.

NECK
    --------

Secret Choker
    Win a match using either only side throws or back throws.

Green Leaf Necklace
    Perform Safe Falls frequently

Heirloom Necklace
    Achieve a Comeback Victory. *See CVNote1.

Star Necklace
    unconfirmed

7-Ball Necklace
    unconfirmed

Dual Necklace
    unconfirmed

Butterfly Choker
    Perform the Counter Combo: Dragon Smash Cannon - Setup Combination - Setup Combination - Somersault Kick
    (db + K - df + P,K - df + P,K - u+K)
    The Dragon Smash Cannon MUST be a counter attack or you will not get this item.

Anchor Necklace
    Win 3 consecutive Excellent Victories with the Butterfly Choker equipped.

Egyptain Necklace
    Defeat "SassySarah" in Kumite Mode. (Hero, 1P outfit)

100 WIN ITEM (Head)
    ---------------------------

Bunny Ears
    Win 100 consecutive matches.

DISGRACE ITEM (Head)
    -------------------------------

Joke Glasses
    unconfirmed

ORB ITEM (Neck)
    ----------------------

Heart Necklace
    Orb Item

*SarahNote1: The method has been changed to an easier one than the one previously mentioned.

*CVNote1: Set the game to 1 round, 160 HP for both characters, and 60 seconds on the clock. Have Sarah go up against Pai. For the first part of the round, have Pai kick Sarah (K) until only a sliver of Sarah's life bar is left. Now comes the tricky part. You will only get this item if you perform a high damage combo. I used Dragon Smash Cannon - Setup Combination - Combo Somersault Kick (db + K - df + P,K - P,P,P, u + K), three times. The Somersault Kick does not connect unless you are near a wall. This one is tricky. Keep trying if it doesn't work at first. I got this item 3 times using this method, so it should work for you if you do things right. Also, try to add in a couple bounce hits. This should ensure that you get this item. (A bounce hit is when your opponent hits the ground and bounces up a bit...hit him/her after they bounce up.)

-------------------------------

Thanks to Yupa and HunterRose for the Pics which really helped a lot.

THIS POST WILL BE UPDATED AS SOON AS MORE ITEMS ARE VERIFIED.

Credits go to the following Japanese Sites:
    http://homepage3.nifty.com/taka-san/vf4/index4.html
    http://www2.csc.ne.jp/~vfnnet/boxitems/index.htm
    http://www19.u-page.so-net.ne.jp/zb4/h_mori
    http://k-free.com/spicy

And the Online Translators (although I had to go through a lot to decypher the english translations).

IF YOU NEED ANY HELP OR HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE SEND ME A PM.

2. Genie47

Genie47 Well-Known Member

This is great stuff. Now I know why I can't get some stuff /versus/images/icons/smile.gif I shall now return to KUMITE!

3. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

12. Amethyst Star: Win 50 consecutive matches with the Bunney Ears equipped.

Are these the purple star earings?
    If they are, then that's a very tough requirement for something that you can get from a kumite Sarah that is like 5th kyu /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif

One item that you forgot is the Dual Necklace.

28. Anchor Necklace:
    I won this after winning a match with 3 excellent rounds. You may need to have the butterfly choker equipped.

Also, I've finally found another way to get the bunny ears! /versus/images/icons/smile.gif They are the 2nd vision sphere item /versus/images/icons/shocked.gif I'm so happy because I was determined not to get them by cheating in vs. mode. (Although I did cheat for one match to get the coin earings... only because I've never seen them on any kumite Sarah's.)

I've got everything listed except the orange/amber sunglasses, (I've never seen them on another Sarah either) the purple star earings, and the bug eye joke glasses. Does anyone know how to get the joke glasses, Sarah's curse item?

4. Robyrt

Robyrt Well-Known Member

IIRC the orange sunglasses were on a Sarah in the high Dan levels... not as bad as the low-ranked Amethyst Star Sarah, but still pretty hopeless /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

5. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

So Amethyst Star == the purple star earings?

<<<EDIT: Yep, answered my own question. I had a 70 game winning streak this morning, and got a treasure chest after the 50th win. I've got everything but the sunglasses... whew.>>>

As an emperor, I've fought some 8th dan Lau, Jeff and Wolf characters. Hopefully the amber sunglasses Sarah will make an appearance. I would have noticed those glasses if I fought her... Sarah's prefight taunt is almost always the one where she bends down and winks.

If anyone notices the name and level of the orange/amber glasses Sarah, please reply here. TIA.

6. MsWayneWayne

Hey Yupa

I remember seeing the Orange Glasses on a Sarah around the early Dan levels. I'm not sure, but I think it's the 4th Dan "Roadkill"...I have to look more into this since I'm also after those glasses.

Anyway, try using her other outfit as each item is equipped to a specific outfit, either 1P or 2P.

7. TomServo

TomServo Member

Re: Purple Sunglasses - I've achieved lots and lots of excellent victories...some mostly with throws, some mostly with strikes, some in under 10 seconds, etc etc etc, and I have yet to get these.

There must be some other criteria, as I seem to be thoroughly unable to get that item.

8. MsWayneWayne

That's very strange. I get them everytime I start a new Sarah player and win an excellent victory. I don't do anything special during the round, just the regular p,p,p,k combos and down attacks.

First off, double-check to make sure you don't have them already. I tell you, there have been numerous occasions where I keep trying and trying to get an item, almost to the point I want to pull out my eyelashes, then realizing that I already have it.

Other than that I don't really have any advice as it seems you have tried almost everything. You're trying it in VS. right? If not, do, and set the game to 1 round, 160 life bar for both characters, and 60 seconds on the clock.

Sorry if this doesn't really help

9. TomServo

TomServo Member

Odd. Well, I've done pretty much everything you said. I usually try to pound through it with lots of P,P,P combos so the other guy doesn't fall down, makes the round go faster /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

Nonetheless, I tried it at 1 round, 160 life bar, but then I assumed that you had to do it Kumite style...i.e., 3 rounds, 45 seconds, 200 life bar. Tried that, still no dice.

Also checked my items, I've got the bunny ears, gold sunglasses, black(matrix) sunglasses, and crimson sunglasses, nothing else.

Weirdness. I'll have to try all that stuff again in the 1P costume. I tend to pick 2P since I think the 1P one just looks odd, so chances are I've never actually done this with the 1P costume (though I can't imagine that I've never once gotten an excellent round with the 1P costume...*shrug*).

Suffice to say, I've posted this here, and a while ago I posted about this on the gamefaqs board (under the psuedonym "Dairypope"), but it seems to work for everyone else. I must be doing something wrong, but heck if I can tell what it is...

10. vfighter8323

vfighter8323 Member

Well, I seemed to have stumble onto some really neat informatin for some of the unconfirmed items.

1.Dual Necklace - Vision Sphere item (3rd or 4th time)
    2.Star Neckace - Vision Sphere item (2nd or 3rd time)
    3.Python Wrist Band - Vision Sphere item
    4.Egyptian Anklet - I guarded a lot with the 100 items equipped.

I'm sure of the first four because I tried it many times,but I think you have to set your Sarah to her default color and ony equip her Bunny Ears and win all 7 orbs. Thats how i got them, but im not sure how many times I won the Vision Spheres. Hope this helps a little.

11. vfighter8323

vfighter8323 Member

Oops, sorry about the Eygptian Anklet, she doesn have it, Pai does.

I'm still sure about the other ones.Sorry once again.

12. MsWayneWayne

This DOES help a lot. I'll test it, then update the page.

Thanks!

13. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

Hmm... collecting the 2nd and 3rd set of spheres must just give you an item you don't have already. I obtained the dual necklace and star necklace by defeating the kumite characters that had them on. I'm only missing the orange glasses and the goofy glasses. If I get the orange glasses after collecting my 3rd set of vision spheres, then this must be true. Now we only need someone to figure out how to get Sarah's goofy glasses... argh.

=)

"True" vision sphere items aren't worn by kumite characters as far as I can tell. I've never seen a very long haired Akira, a Wolf without his pony tail, Vanessa with a pony tail, or Sarah with the heart necklace in kumite. High kings only have 1 sphere when you first meet them. I wonder if you lost to the same high king multiple times to give him a full set of spheres if you would see him with a vision sphere item the next time you fought him.

14. vfighter8323

vfighter8323 Member

That could be true as well, but for other characters, I got items you can only get after you get a BA item , like Aoi's headband, but I got it from a vision sphere item instead. Also, I haven't fought a high king clone with any of my characters, strange enough, so I couldnt have gotten that item. But, its a good thing to get multiple sphere items just for the sake of trying to get all the items you dont have.

15. vfighter8323

vfighter8323 Member

I got the two hearts earrings today!!

I'm not sure what it takes to get it but this is EXACTLY what I did during the match. First, I equipped 1P Sarah with the Bunny Ears, Gold Coin Earring, 5 - Ruby Bracelet, and Secret Choker (because I don't know which one actually got me the item) . I used an all silver outfit and selected the beach level. There I just guarded, against VS Kage, against LOTS of combos , strikes, and low strikes. Then , did the knee throw, F,B, P+G, and knocked him out the ring. And to my knowledge I got the 2 Hearts Earrings. BTW, she' a 10th Dan , and thats EXACTLY what I did to get it somehow. I hope others can get it this way, or maybe even an easier way.

16. MsWayneWayne

That's the method most prominently listed on all Japanese sites. I know that the 5-Ruby Bracelet has to do something with it, and so does guarding. I've tried it, but I have yet to still get the 2-Heart Earring and that's why it still remains an unconfirmed item. Now, probably since I've only been attempting this at 2nd Dan, I should raise her rank before trying again. Thanks!

17. zoomercide

zoomercide Member

I beat "Goosebumps" in Kumite mode, but I did NOT receive the orange sunglasses, which I really wanted. More than that, though, I really wanted the Butterfly Choker, but I cannot seem to get it at all. PLEASE HELP ME! I know you guys can!!!

18. zoomercide

zoomercide Member

Does anyonw know how to get the Dual necklace? I really really need it!

19. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

AFAIK, you have to beat Goosebumps wearing the correct costume, be it 1P or 2P I'm not sure. You need to beat the kumite character when she has the item equipped. At least that is what I gathered from skimming the items faq.

The way to get the butterfly choker is noted in the first post of this thread. MsWW wouldn't have put it there if it wasn't a confirmed method. You should be able to do that combo against Aoi or Pai in kumite without much difficulty. Either open the round with a dragon cannon, or do a f+K+G which the kumite character will block and then interrupt their attempted counter attack with the db+K to get the interrupt you need to get the combo.

20. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

I got it by beating the kumite opponent that wore it. Don't know which one... sorry.