1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

[VFDC CHOICE] Items FAQ

Discussion in 'Quest, Kumite and Items' started by Myke, May 2, 2002.

1. Takumi

Takumi New Member

Hi there,

I have a similar problem, but with Lion.
    I'm missing these items
    Eiffel Tower Hat
    Dagger Earring
    Reversed (Blue?) Cap
    (Light?) Blue Sleeve
    (Light?) Green Sleeve
    (Light?) Red Sleeve
    King Tut Mask
    and, I don't even know all the names - I was guessing them from what I could see
    on the scan. And just a few minutes ago i read someones post that Lau has even
    more items than those shown on the scan...

I would really appreciate if someone could comment on this.
    /versus/images/icons/confused.gif

2. ochen

ochen Member

I noticed something about the US version of the game. with my Lion, I received an item called Silver Earrings from Wimpy (I think). But I have not run into the dagger earrings. Could it be in the US version, they replaced some of the Kumite items? I could have sworn I read somewhere that the items in the JP and US versions are not the same.

3. TomDC85

TomDC85 Well-Known Member

Many characters have items not on the scans. Lau has three caps other than those on items FAQ (haven't checked the scans for them, but I don't think they're there). They are silver bead cap, mixed bead cap, and gold bead cap, and before you shout hold on! there are two gold bead caps, I think this silvery-gold rare one with a bobble on top is from AtillaDHun. All three of those caps are from high-ranking opponents around subjugator (Homer, AtillaDHun and Tyrant Lau I think). No one actually knows how many items there are out there, as Sega never said and the game doesn't tell you. Maybe if someone wrote to them very politely they would tell, but that would spoil the fun /versus/images/icons/smile.gif. Try searching this site first, as I myself have already said all this elsewhere on the Kumite board.

4. Foondogg

Foondogg Well-Known Member

You can also win Jacky's 100 win item (red bandanna) from a 10th Dan by the name of "Wet Noodle". This is a lot easier than winning 100x in a row.

5. TheRedCyclone

TheRedCyclone New Member

u can get Lion's Red hair from Wannabe in whichever outfit is the street clothes one. he's a Conqueor i believe

6. TheRedCyclone

TheRedCyclone New Member

u can get Lei's Gatorskin Greaves from Lethal Lei 8th Dan 1P outfit

7. Takumi

Takumi New Member

Lion Items

I met Rich Kid three times now, first time i got the Pink Sunglasses, second time the Silver Hair but sadly the next time not the Eifle Tower Hat. Also i found a Lion named Gamer Lion(Stormlord/wears 2P Outfit) who has the Blue Hair. When i beat him i hope to get my 42th Item.

My favorite Opening for A.I.s [4][4][K],[K],[8][P] /versus/images/icons/grin.gif

8. ochen

ochen Member

Re: Lion Items

Has anyone tried the "comeback" approach in vs. or Kumite to get the reverse black and orange cap for Lion? It's the only item I'm missing at this point, and I can't get it to work.

9. Hung_Shun

Hung_Shun Member

Does anyone know how to get shun di's second curse item, the chinese girl mask, i've faught a shun di that was a high king and had it on and didn't get it when i won, which sucked, but anyway, if anybody knows please reveal it /versus/images/icons/crazy.gif

10. Takumi

Takumi New Member

Re: Lion Items

Don't remember how i got the Reversed B&O Cap but maybe this will help:(This is an extract from MsWayneWayne`s ITEM FAQ )

MAKING A COMEBACK

This has to be one of if not the hardest task to accomplish as there is no sure-fire way of making sure that you win the item. The only thing that I know for sure is that your health bar, MUST be in a critical state (1 sliver of green left) while the opponent's should still be full. Another thing I know is that Large Hitting Combos, whether it be a Wall Combo, a Juggle Combo, or even a Counter Combo (although risky) seem to work really well. Bounce hits are also a crucial part in making a comeback. (I usually win the item if a bounce attack connects). Making the opponent stagger or reversing moves might work. I've noticed that if you mix up large combos with strikes, bounce hits, and the occasional down attack, I usually win the item. I have yet to discover a pattern in all this. In the future, if I find a combo for characters that require this task and works 100% of the time, I'll be sure to include it in this section.

I Confirmed that you get the Blue Hair from "Gamer Lion" [Dragonlord(changes) wears 2P Outfit]

11. Oni-Kage

Oni-Kage Well-Known Member

I would like to know this too...

Anyone know how to get Shun's old fashioned World War 1 Pilot's cap (the one with the earmuffs hanging over the ears)? I've seen it on several Shun's yet never vs me.

12. DarkMaster

DarkMaster Member

/versus/images/icons/laugh.gif I was able to get Kage's Hair (not sure of its name but the one with the pony tail on top of his head) without the giant throwing star.

And i was able to get his stylish helmet and hood from orbs (as of many other items).

This is probablly no help at all.......... /versus/images/icons/smirk.gif

13. Breadshoes

Breadshoes Member

I have that cap, it's called Emporer's cap. I got it from Ugly Shun, 1st kyu, in his 1p outfit.

14. Guest

Guest Guest

You get the Wild Hair from a High King called Aniaki.I think he carries a green orb. <font color="blue"> </font color>/versus/images/icons/grin.gif

15. Breadshoes

Breadshoes Member

Does anyone have the name of the opponent who has Shun-di's red shoes?

16. Slayer

Slayer Well-Known Member

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    I think he carries a green orb. /versus/images/icons/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Zero whats so funny?

17. Guest

Guest Guest

Your name!

18. KageMan2002

KageMan2002 Well-Known Member

Zero, i told you to quit that shit... okay, mabye not, but other ppl did! So stop the shit and act normal, like other ppl!

19. Guest

Guest Guest

Shut the hell up you asshole!You quit the shit!You AssMan2002!

20. Ura_Bahn

Ura_Bahn Well-Known Member

When playing jacky in Kumite mode at 10th dan rank i had a match on the palace stage, my challenger was Lei Fel and the thing is that the water was made up of all the colors of the rainbow. Then the next time i had a match in the same arena the water was back to the original color.

Has any one else seen this ?

Is it some sort of hidden feature ?