1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

[VFDC CHOICE] Using the EMS adapter to transfer PS2 VF4 replays

Discussion in 'Console' started by Chanchai, Mar 7, 2002.

1. Oni-Kage

Oni-Kage Well-Known Member

Memory card saves

Quick question here... can you UL/DL other memory card saves than replays with this method... aka system file or character saves?

I ask because I need access to the full item selection for all characters in evo (for gatherings etc) and have not been able to unlock them with the GS codes. If I could DL someone's system/char saves with the items that would save me a lot of grief.

2. akirabum

akirabum New Member

Has anybody tried the new USB model? How well does it work?

3. YuuKun

YuuKun Well-Known Member

i brought the USB version last week, and it works great. although everytime i've finished using the USB EMS Memory Adapter, i'll unplug the PS2 memory card out or reboot my cpu without my PS2 card inside (USB EMS is still plugged into the cpu), winXP will ask for the drivers, and i will browse through and show where the drivers is, but winXP doesn't recognize the drivers or install the drivers automatically. it looks like winXP only install the drivers properly if you have everything plugged in (including the PS2 memory card, PS2 slot).

4. YuuKun

YuuKun Well-Known Member

btw we're talking about replays using EMS, but where can we download them?

i'm also looking for EMS saves for VF4evo (JPN), cos playing Quest mode in japanese (no knowledge to read the language) to unlock all items is not fun. although i am buying the US version to go though this mode!!! can't wait!!!

5. Noman

Noman Member

6. Drift

Drift Well-Known Member

Can anyone tell me if the USB version is significantly better than the flash version? B/C it is certainly significantly more expensive $50-60 compared to $20. Plus, the flash version is sold in some of the stores where I live (out of stock currently, isn't that always the case), but they never carry the USB model.

7. Kefka

Kefka Active Member

Nevermind, I thought this was a way to upload movies, not saves >_>