1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VFDC could use a dark mode

Discussion in 'Site News, Questions and Feedback' started by R_Panda, Mar 26, 2021.

1. R_Panda

R_Panda Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Likely_A_Panda
    XBL:
    R Panda
    I'd enjoy this site more if it didn't hurt my eyes so much.

2. wrekka

wrekka Member

I always enjoy a good dark mode

3. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    upload_2021-8-2_14-20-52.png

I'm working on a new Dark Mode style which you can access in the footer of the site:

upload_2021-8-2_14-22-23.png

BE WARNED: It's not quite finished and still highly experimental! Some parts of the site may look entirely illegible or just plain hurt your eyes because I haven't quite got the contrast right (yet!). I'm learning all about UX dark themes as I go, so please be patient and don't be too surprised if things change quite unexpectedly.

Once it is stable and complete there will be a formal announcement, but for those brave enough then feel free to jump in now. Even better, if you have some improvement suggestions then let me know in a reply below.

Lauchador, complexz, MarlyJay and 2 others like this.
  4. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    A big update, with most of the site and other sections like Commands, Combos, Wiki, etc., looking a bit better than previously.

upload_2021-8-8_21-55-57.png upload_2021-8-8_21-55-17.png upload_2021-8-8_21-57-6.png

Still some more work to do before official release.

R_Panda, Ellis, Mister and 1 other person like this.
  5. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

A dark mode? Interesting. I always liked how the site looks, but I would say a gradient colour, might be a good interchangeable option too.

6. Ellis

Ellis Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Ellis_Cake
    The dark fluid theme is wondersome! ˆˆ

7. break

break Well-Known Member

PSN:
    breaktube
    XBL:
    Joe D Haze
    So...not publicly available yet ?
    I don't see the option when I login.
    Will be really nice once available !

8. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Scroll down to the very bottom of the webpage, in the footer section. You can choose the dark style (in beta).

9. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

I dont' see that on my screen.

10. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    - Scroll down past the Facebook / Twitter / Forum Statistics Side Bar.
    - In the slim red rectangle footer, left side it should said "VFDC Default Style"
    - If you hover your mouse cursor on that text, you should see "Style Chooser"
    - Click and a pop up window will come up giving you 4 options.

I am using Google Chrome on my phone and pc and that option is available. Also works on Safari.

11. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

It's literally a the bottom of VFDC right before the "Forum Software by bla bla bla"

12. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

Oh i was looking for "Dark" not "Fluid"

DomAug likes this.
  13. R_Panda

R_Panda Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Likely_A_Panda
    XBL:
    R Panda
    Thanks Myke, looks great.

Myke likes this.