1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VFDC Lion Combo List

Discussion in 'Lion' started by Chibitox, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Ares-olimpico

Ares-olimpico Well-Known Member Content Manager Lion

PSN:
    ares-olimpico
    Hi @Toto
    I will research again, i,ve thinked in remove the combos with 4p+k versus Eileen Blaze and Aoi because this reason (inconsistent) i wil not do

Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
  2. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    Not sure if it's what you mean to say, but don't removed combos because they're inconsistent. Them being possible is enough.

3. Stl_Tim

Stl_Tim Well-Known Member

Yes, you build ch traps to increase dmg for lion. 78 nh pts is strong for him. Plus, this knockdown allows you to force otg/meaty on opponent consistently.

Use 66p+k,p for the end and 66 always no mater what happens.
    If they tech right after 66 input p+k,p and it will force them into a locked meaty where if they attack you get a stagger if not your still able to 33g recovery te to safety.
    If they don't tech you can just 2k,k and 3p light down attack if their lazy.
    If they get hip to not eating otg you can whiff the first 2k and just buffer k+g to lock them again for a chance to ch launch.

Lion is and will never be a big dmg character. A wise man once awoken me by saying, "lion is just little traps and tricks that should be consistent if you can link or reset efficiently." Our job is to poke everyone and annoy until they whiff or abare for us to ch them.

I wanted big dmg like you, but it only comes from side lock or successful evade eyepoke ch.

Try switching your p to your 3p+k sometimes it pays off!

Also, stick to your target combos when all else fails.
    1.6p(ch),p
    2.3p(ch),p
    3.4p(ch),p
    4.2k(ch),k+g

Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
  4. Ares-olimpico

PSN:
    ares-olimpico
    Dont mind Marly i have the same opinión and didnt remove. Sorry for my English. players must judge if a combo is good or not NOT ME
    @Stl_Tim you explain to me why use Lion, I thought because I hate lose versus Lion. Now I know the reason was I want the power to annoying and win with a lot of tricks. Thanks
    @Toto I prefer 66k 2p(ei)/p 43p+k P 66p+kp can meaty with 3p+k+gp and iirc kg 3k. But continue researching. although you can finish with 8kk in some stances for 82 pts but bad oki

Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
  5. Toto

Toto Member Gold Supporter

I think it's important they stay on the list Ares. Just because I can't do it consistently doesn't mean nobody can :)

Tim based on this post it would seem you misunderstood (or I miscommunicated) my point.

My point was not to look for bigger damage of a specific launch. My point was that the best combo for Lion on light and mid weights from 46K has a difficult frame kill, the timing of which is different for EI, AO, and EL. I was asking Ares if he could have a look and find a more consistent option for these characters (even the 44P+K -> P -> KK ender sometimes doesn't work on these characters!). It seems he has one below!

Hi Ares, the combo you described for Eileen is from 46K? Wonderful!

6. Ares-olimpico

PSN:
    ares-olimpico
    Yes but you obtain 82 with the inconsistent one 6664p+k 636p 43p+k.. With 66k 2p..., 8kk not works as ender sorry you need 66k 636p 43p+k 8kk for 75 in open and with crouching dash 3p p 43p+k 8kk 77pts the combo have good carry and sometimes you can end with 66p+kp (op wall hits) and 8p+k
    For me the most consistent option is 46k 66k p 43p+k versus the character with this combo works. Sorry I must update the combo section with this. are similar characters that 46k 2_3P P 43P+K COMBO
    I will not remove something. but for example 2_6p+g 66p+k is posible since eileen with the same inconsistent. For Eileen is posible 2_6p+g 66p+k 2p 43p+k 6pp for 74 with delay in the two first hits.
    I.ll check 6k ch near The wall for example 6k 2p 66p+k 46k+g kk 8p+k and 2p 2_3p 43p+k.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2017
  7. Ares-olimpico

PSN:
    ares-olimpico
    Hi guys i've checked [6][K] CH with the opponents near to the wall
    [2][P] [6][6][P][+][K] [4][6][K][+][G] [K][K] [8][P][+][K] deal 96pts and works since Eileen to Goh versus Akira Jacky Jean and Wolf works with [4][6][P][+][K] instead of [6][6][P][+][K] versus Wolf need to delay [2][P] may works versus Jeffry with this delay but i've realized versus wolf. seem [4][6][P][+][K] works a bit far than [6][6][P][+][K].
    [2][P] [2_][3][P] [4][3][P][+][K] [6][P][P] deal 80pts and works versus all the cast except Taka
    This is only a situational setups, but similar setups works with others crumples

Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
    Stl_Tim likes this.
  8. Toto

Toto Member Gold Supporter

Nice Ares! I was using the really easy combo: [2][P][4][6][P][+][K][4][6][K][+][G][8][P][+][K][6][6][K]. This is very easy and works on most characters. Has good wake up options too.

Ares-olimpico likes this.
  9. Ares-olimpico

PSN:
    ares-olimpico
    Hi guys
    Time for [3]/[9][P][+][K][+][G][K] CH
    [2][P] [6][P][P] 55pts all except TaKa
    [4][4][K][P][+][K] [4][6][P][+][K][P][P] 69pts ei bl ao //sa //li va
    [2_][3][P] [2][P] [6][P][P] 67pts ei bl ao va
    [4][4][K][P][+][K] [2][P] [8][P][+][K] 67pts li la va ka go jn
    [6][P][P] 49 Taka
    don't input ([3])[3][3][P] or you will optain Rakusenshu [3][P] do [2_][3][P] instead
    Something better?

10. Stl_Tim

Have you tried 662p(fastest input)<43p+k after 9_3pkg,k(ch)? Should work on all super light, light, and beyond that I haven't tested.

11. Ares-olimpico

PSN:
    ares-olimpico
    Hi @Stl_Tim, i tried delaying 2p but i'll try again.
    reseaching about 43p near the wall obtain:
    [4][3][P] [4][4][K][K] [2_][3][P] [4][3][P][+][K] [6][6][P][+][K][P] [8][P][+][K] 82pts versus eileen
    Blaze // [4][4][K][K] [3][K] [K][K] [8][P][+][K] 86pts possible /\ same that eileen
    to be continued...

Stl_Tim likes this.
  12. Stl_Tim

Ares: no delay at all. Try vs lion.
    3pkg,k(ch)>662p>43p+k,6p,p

13. Ares-olimpico

PSN:
    ares-olimpico
    Nice I have tested since Eileen to Lau. It works versus Lei and beyond?
    Thanks @Stl_Tim

14. Stl_Tim

Vs. Eileen (Open and Closed)
    Near wall: 1k(ch)>p>46k+g>336p+k(wall splat)>662p>43p+k>66p+k,p>8p+k. 90pts!

Near wall Semi side:
    (Closed to back of screen)
    6k+g(ch)(wall splat)>9p>p>46k+g>336p+k(wall splat)662p>43p+k,p>8p+k.
    (Open to front of screen)
    "Same as above"
    Both 100 pts!

Last edited: Sep 30, 2017
    Jason Elbow likes this.
  15. Ares-olimpico

PSN:
    ares-olimpico
    Oooops i forgot 6k+g near the wall as launcher
    I plan un future update wall combos like 2kk+g p 9p p 46k+g kk 8p+k open iirc versus Eileen. I think i wrote in a notebook. Bit first i end 43p combos near the wall

16. Ares-olimpico

PSN:
    ares-olimpico
    Hi @Toto. I have checked 46k combos 66k works both stances versus Eileen with 66k 2p/1fKp 43p+k and ender with BL ao sa li va works too with 66k p for 73pts. Is consistent "only" you need is memory.
    43p near the wall
    Aoi //44kk 8p+k 66p+kp 8p+k 78 /\ 2 2_3p 43p+kp 8p+k 77
    Sarah /\ dash 2p 46p+k 43p+k 66kk 8p+k 74
    Shun /\ =Sa // 44kk 8p+k 66p+kp 8p+k
    Pai //\ 2p 8p+k 66kk 8p+k 65pts /\ dash 2p 43p+k 66p+kp 8p+k
    Lion // 2p 8p+k 66kk 8p+k

17. MakiLeSushi

MakiLeSushi Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    Anyone talked about combo vs lion in both stance 2_6p+g>66p+k>p>43p+k>8kk 78dmg there is some delay inside but it is doable in match just need some practice

18. Jason Elbow

Jason Elbow Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    Heres a combo i discovered against Lion while parallel to the wall. Its: [4][4][K][+][G] side wall stagger, [P][+][K] side collaspe, [4][6][K][+][G], [6_][P] wall hit, [9][P], [6][K][+][G] wall slide, [6][6][P][+][K] [P], [8][P][+][K] for about 115 to 117 pts.

19. Ares-olimpico

PSN:
    ares-olimpico
    @Jason Elbow You can do OM after the side collapse and 9p 46p+k 46k+g kk 8p+k for more damage. The Offensive move put you more in front the wall. This works versus most characters
    @MakiLeSushi thanks I question you about this combo some time ago I don't realize 8kk works as ender in both stance You have godlike timing or exits some way (ie adding inputs ) to do easier?

20. Jason Elbow

Jason Elbow Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    Well I found if I just end it after [6][6][P][+][K] [P] it produces some very strong oki cuz it invites the opponent to tech.