1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VFDC Lion's Wiki

Discussion in 'Lion' started by Chibitox, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Chibitox

Chibitox Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

Okay I've begun working on the wiki a bit the last few weeks. Just the move description section for the moment.
    I 'll begin the strategy section on friday probably.
    If you have any comments/suggestions/corrections you can post them here.:)

Shinobi and Chanchai like this.
  2. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

I'll say it in advance, but keep up the great work!

Anyways, here are some details that might be worth considering ^_^

And I totally understand if you want to omit any of these or find them too complicated to put in, since there will come a point where the basic move analysis becomes overcrowded with information.

Move Analysis
    • On 41236P: "Almost to good to be true low" --> "Almost too good to be..."
    • 6PP: might want to note its positional utility (followup P is guaranteed on MC and crouch. followup P will push the opponent back a great distance for ringout/wall pressure). 6PP is hit-checkable offline, but it is difficult to hit-check (I recommend focusing on pre-checking).
    • PKP: The 3 hit string is a natural combo against Taka on mC (as well as MC and sideturn).
    • 3K: successful hit against a side-turned opponent = at least followup PKP is guaranteed.
    • 2K: should not be spammed (because it is very easy to punish and leaves Lion in a bad position), however... 2K beats Ex_High (and probably the only low attack that does this). 2KK is guaranteed on 2K mC (making it a worthwhile high and ex_high punisher when other options are in doubt). 2K,K+G is guaranteed on 2K MC (and side-turn mC with most positions) and combos in most situations (difficult to judge but it's based on the opponent's position relative to Lion, basically requires trained eye).
    • 46K: is a good alternative to 44K after backdash (and move/whiff/attack check), particularly when opponents use any kind of "ducking" (high evading) stances (like Brad).
    • 2_3P: is "safe on block" (you don't have to mention that it's vulnerable on near neutral evade).
    • K+G: I'll leave it up to you on how it's represented on wiki... but I feel like mentioning that one should be careful using it against opponents that like to use ECD (but Lion is good at killing ECD with his throw game and sweep...).
    • 63214P+G: I'm sure you'll mention it because I think you were the one to tell me this, but good to note that followup pounce is extremely hard for Taka to struggle out of. All other characters will punish the pounce with sideroll, however.
    • TRSF K can stance transition (but more important to understand the use of K and KK first).

Last edited: Sep 19, 2013
    Sozos and Shinobi like this.
  3. Chanchai

another good detail about P: Lion, Pai, Eileen, and Kage have 11 frame high jabs. This affects the opponent's frame-tight options in situations (assuming they play frame-tight). I am pretty sure everyone else has 12 frame high jabs.

Shinobi and Sozos like this.
  4. Darksoul173

Darksoul173 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Darksoul173
    3K is -7 on block but becomes -6 at max range (iirc)
    on sideturned you can CD-fuzzy it (-4)
    and it's staggers backdashes

Shinobi and Sozos like this.
  5. Darksoul173

PSN:
    Darksoul173
    Also what about 66P+K(P) this move defiantly has it uses

Sozos, Shinobi and Chanchai like this.
  6. Chanchai

I really like how delayable 66P+K,P is ^_^ It is VERY DELAYABLE, especially when what is delayable is mid.

(PKP's issue with delay tactics is the opponent really only needs to crouch against it and whiff punish if you commit to the third P or hit you ASAP if you stance switch--but PKx works when PK hits because you can mid/throw pressure after a hit PK. But this PKP info is too convoluted to post in a quick wiki move analysis lol).

Sozos likes this.
  7. Darksoul173

PSN:
    Darksoul173
    66P+K the P follow up stagger crouching
    Safe on ST (i pretty much use this move on it's on only on ST one of the better followups after 41236P ) if the opponent evades to back a delayed P followup will track (BUT a double evade will leave lion with his back towards the opponent)

A very good combo ender for okis

Sozos and Shinobi like this.
  8. Sozos

Sozos Pai Sucksan Content Manager Pai

PSN:
    vfsozos87
    XBL:
    vfsozos87
    66P+KP with the delay is pretty strong. Following P in CH +8. Amazing nitaku situation. lion half circulars are very good options.

Shinobi likes this.
  9. Darksoul173

PSN:
    Darksoul173
    66P+KP is linear (both parts)

Stl_Tim likes this.
  10. Chibitox

He meant, use half circulars after 66P+P P(CH) on second hit since you are at +8.
    As I mentionned earlier one use of this move is to pseudo 50/50 the opponent when he is against the wall, if you get the stagger on second hit 9K is guaranteed for a wall splat.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2013
    Sozos and Chanchai like this.
  11. Chibitox

Don't worry, I will list almost all moves. if a move is not in there yet it's just a matter of time.

Sozos and Chanchai like this.
  12. Chibitox

Also 66P+K P is a nice ender near the wall on some light weights.
    Instead of ending in
    43P+PK, 6PP
    it's often possible to do
    43P+PK, 66P+KP (wall), 8P+K

I'm still unsure about mentionning Taka only properties in the description of the move, maybe it's better to have all Taka info in one particular section.

So does almost every move if you hit with the later frames ;)
    The thing here is that being -6 instead of -7 doesn't change much things since you are still unable to fuzzy. it's not worth mentioning imo.

Will mention that

I should mention the ex high crushing properties. I don't really agree on it being easily punished though. With 2 hits it's pretty annoying to punish since you have to wait for a possible second hit. You just have to don't spam the second hit in situations where it would not combo and you're fine.

Chanchai likes this.
  13. Darksoul173

PSN:
    Darksoul173
    finishing wall combos with 2_6p+k 66p+kp can also lead to anti-side rollto catch them sideturn for guarnteed P or throw against some chars

And i guess that 3K sideturn properties on block is worth mentioning?

Last edited: Sep 20, 2013
    Chanchai likes this.
  14. Chanchai

I agree that having a Taka specific sub-section is probably best ^_^ It is such a unique matchup that the relevant information should be organized together.

I agree with you on the correcting argument of the single 2K not being that easy to punish because it's options will keep the opponent from retaliating right away. Their prudent action is just to low block and react, which neutralizes much of the disadvantage Lion might have.

The strategy section is going to be very interesting for Lion! I assume wall and side-turn relevant info will be organized there when the time comes? ^_^

Again, keep up the great work!

15. Darksoul173

PSN:
    Darksoul173
    Oh dang i got tons of stuff for post-hcfP and post-sideturn PKP and regular sideturn stuff in general with some oki ontop

16. Chibitox

I made a big update to the strategy section :)

17. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    Excuse me, is the punishment in the Lion wiki currently correct? Has [4][4][K] really been replaced with [4][K][P]? I can't even find it the combo list!

18. Chanchai

Ah, just saw you posted updates to Strategy! Will read it tonight!

Update: Big props to your concise writing style, clarity, and authoritative tone. The Strategy section is written as it should be for a wiki entry ^_^

19. Chanchai

Also hard to use because it requires Lion to already be standing (the additional detail you don't have to mention is that 4P+K, 44P+K, 46P+K, and 46P+K all combine to eliminate the option of dash-buffering this move from crouch).

20. Chibitox

You are right this is a mistake on my side.:oops:
    4KP is legit though you can combo it into 66KK but it will always do less damage than 44K combo I guess so I should change that.
    Also I should add 4KP combo to the list.