1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VFDC Lion's Wiki

Discussion in 'Lion' started by Chibitox, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Darksoul173

Darksoul173 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Darksoul173
    Lion can punish -18 lows from crouching with 3PP (need to press 663PP) for 62 dmg up to MW(3PP 2P 66KK) and 56 for everyone else (3PP 66KK)

2. Chibitox

Chibitox Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

Updated with some general sideturned strats near wall, Ukizeme, okizeme

3. Jason Elbow

Jason Elbow Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    Hey. I was just wondering. Are can anyone list all of Lion's consistant punishes on the entire cast?. Like the videos Mister did with Wolf. Where it shows what punish and at what negative frames on block?

4. LegendaryHero90

LegendaryHero90 Well-Known Member

Lion's not exactly the best punisher in the game but he does have relatively simple answers for most situations. Just don't expect to win trying to punish your opponent because most of his damage isnt coming from his blocking punishes.

Standing punishes

-10 = throw
    -11/-12 = [P][K]
    -13/-14 = [K][K]
    -15 = [3][P][+][K] or [4][4][K],[P][+][K] (perfectly buffered on block stun) or [8][P][+][K]
    -16 = [4][K],[P]
    -18 = [8][K],[K] (possibly Taka only?)
    -19 = [4][6][K]
    -20 = [P][+][K]
    -23 = [6][6][P]

Crouching punishes

-14 /-15 = [6][P],[P]
    -16 = [2_][6][P][+][K] (preferably at the wall. If not, [6][P],[P] is generally better in terms of damage.)
    -18 = [8][K],[K]
    -20 = [P][+][K]

I might be missing a few, but these are usually the more consistent ones that dont require re-stand tricks or insane timing.

5. Jason Elbow

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    Thanks! As a Lion player i understand he isnt a punish nor a high damage character. He focuses more on single hits acumulated into damage. Also a mixup game and side turned opportunities. But still hes my main! And im sticking with him!

6. Jason Elbow

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    Any ideas on reliable meaties and meaty setups anyone?

7. Ares-olimpico

Ares-olimpico Well-Known Member Content Manager Lion

PSN:
    ares-olimpico
    Hi Jason i suposse you find the meatys video in this web i try to imitate something and is dificult because if the rise up are not erxactly the same te meaty dont work. if I remenber well 3p+k+gk dont enter as meaty (or with this advantage) if jacky tech roll exact only tech roll.
    me as a lover of 4p+k enter it in the middle of some combos after 43p+k (6_)p like 44kp+k p 43p+k 6_p 4p+k (full charge)
    more important you know how to research meatys ?
    "Stl_Tim It's easy, try putting cpu on ch then on tech roll. If you are inputting correctly it will normal hit. Not everything works, experiment..."
    two things more:
    You are in my "Want to fight list"
    Can you help me with thw 4p+k+g2kk combos?

DomAug likes this.
  8. Jason Elbow

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    You can try: [2][P], [4][6][P][+][K], [6][P][P] or [6][6][K][K] or[6][6][P][+][K][P]

DomAug likes this.