1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VFDC VF4 Command List Corrections

Discussion in 'General' started by Myke, Jan 18, 2002.

1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Please use this thread to let me know of any corrections or omissions from the command list. Some people have let me know in private already, but I've been getting lots of overlap, so it's best to have it here in the open so you don't report something that is already known.

Cheers.

2. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

<font color=white>Sarah Bryant</font color=white>

Special Moves.

PPP = Flash Piston Punch.

PPb+P = Flash Piston Upper.

PPu+P = Flash Piston Straight.

PPPK = Flash Piston Punch-Rising Knee.

PPb+PK = Flash Piston Upper-Kickflip.

PPu+PK = Flash Piston Straight-Jump Kick.

Double punch-kick = Double Punch-Straight Kick.

Roundhouse = Kick.

Roundhouse-Punch = Kick-Punch.

Roundhouse-Kick = Double Thrust Kick.

Inside crescent = Hydro Slide kick.

Tornado Crash = Double Rise Kick.

Hopping Spin Kick = Step Round Kick.

Overhead Kick = Spin Edge Kick.

Hopping Crescent = Round Kick.

Axe Kick = Side Hook Kick.

Heel Seed (#2) = Spin Heel Sword.

Charging Knee = Crash Tornado.

Evading Side Kick (#1,2) = Dodging Crescent.

Flamingo.

Backflip = Backflip Escape.

Forward Dash = Step-in Menace.

Flamingo High Kick = Right High Kick.

Flamingo high kick-roundhouse = Right High Kick-Roundhouse.

Flamingo high kick-roundhouse-side kick = Right High Kick-Roundhouse-Sidekick.

Flamingo high kick-roundhouse-dragon cannon = Cannon Combo.

High Kick-Roundhouse-Low Kick = Low Cut Combo.

Hop Kick Throw-link, unescapable = Hand Hold Neck Cutting.

Hop Kick Throw = Leg Hook.

Spinning High Kick = Guard Crush Sword.

Kickflip = u+K.

Evading Crescent (#1,2) = Dodging Roundhouse.

Heel Seed = Heel Sword.

Heel Slash = Heel Sword Slash.

Throws.

Elbow Smash = Shell Break Elbow.

Clothesline = Neck Breaker Drop.

Jumping suplex = Fallen Angel.

Triple Knee Bash = Lightning Knee Smash.

Neckbreaker = Rolling Face Crash.

Quadruple Knee Bash = Quadruple Knee Smash.

Hop Kick Throw = Leg Hook.

3. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Dude
    I've always enjoyed ur Sarah contributions to the site..fun reading infos abt Sarah n stuff..

But THIS IS INSANE.

Myke asked for help in spotting errors..be it spelling..command errors n stuff...

SO what if the names for the moves are different?

4. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

These things matter to me. if Myke doesn't use it then that's up to him. I like to know the official names, to me it seems professional and I believe it's easier for everyone to understand if there is one universal meaning for a certain technique then everyone will understand.

Abbreviations are cool but, when there are five different names for one move, which also give a poor description of what the move is then you've got a problem.

For example, The move called the "Charging Knee" is in fact called the "Crash Tornado" and isn't a knee at all but a crescent. Reversal wise a knee and a crescent are reversed the same way but they have different properties. Someone who has no knowledge of Sarah will read that FAQ, go play a game and expect that move to hit like a knee but, they'll get a sorry surprise.

Yes it's hardcore but this is one of two places in the west where you can get in depth info on Virtua Fighter so I thought I'd make the effort.

5. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

Will you quit it already? /versus/images/icons/wink.gif If you want "official" names, why don't you put up a page of your own? I'm sure someone would appreciate it - but for a larger, more popular (as far as VF popularity is concerned) site like this, I think it's better to have move names that have been known for years. As for the new moves... those should be named however the editor wishes to.

6. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Damn right GLC
    Imagine trying to rename moves such as upknife....super knife...lightingkick..lighting storm...sonic rolls...TFT(it's not ten foot!)...splash mountain etc etc etc etc etc

At the end of the day...the trend I've seen leads me to believe posters will ultimately do the following

a) write ppp instead of piston "christ I forgot the name already"
    b) use old names. Everyone I know acknowledges Akira's new 3 hit combo as either Fujin or Aikra special #3 or AS3, regardless of whatever name is given in the FAQ (something axe blade leg..too long to remember)

More important to make sure the commands for the moves are correct.

7. LAU Abuser

LAU Abuser Well-Known Member

Thanks for the official names of Sarah's move... I will find it useful when reading an official guide (if any already published in English)...

8. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

If you don't want to learn the phrases people have been using for years, that's your right. But all do do is create more work. We'll have to run your posts through a special Adio translator to figure out what the fuck you're talking about when you say "step-in menace", and if you want to be able to read everyone else's posts, you'll STILL have to learn the common phrases people have been using for about a decade. Just accept Clothesline and PPP. Nobody wants to waste the time to type anything more lengthy and obscure.

Backflip = Backflip Escape?! That's the most anal retentive thing I've ever seen, with the possible exception of someone picking individual grains of rice out of a mixed chicken and rice dish because they preferred them unmixed.

9. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

Adio, you missed the fact that Myke used the information straight out of GLC's/my faq, so we're just going in circles now.

10. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

Fuck this.....I made my point and now you're breaking my balls for an opinion. I didn't shove this down anyone's throat. A request was made and I answered it in good faith.

You can call the moves what you like but, what they are will never change. Do as you wish, let me do the same.

11. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

A request was made and I answered it in good faith.

Bleah, I think we both know myke was looking for ERRORS or OMISSIONS. Not "adio's opinion of what shit should be called". The original post was very clear. Stop looking for excuses to promote a lost cause.

12. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Umm, hello?

Adio, are you actually reading the Sarah command list before posting these 'suggestions' or are you just reciting them all off memory, assuming that they're identical to the General FAQ?

If you go back and check, I am using official names of the commands for all characters where possible (that is, if their attack names were written in katakana).

13. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Lion Corrections and Notes

Attacks Lst:
    *Replace ub+P+K+G with uf+P+K+G.
    --There is no ub+P+K+G. uf+P+K+G is a forward step into screen.
    --VP List calls b+P+K+G "backwards dodge"
    --This error originated from the Black Book.

Ground Attacks:
    *u+P is not an elbow drop, it's VF3 Lion's heavy pounce (overhead kick or whatever you want to call it).

Back Turned Attacks:
    *Suggestion for P+K: Maybe we should stick a note that it can only be used within a certain frames window, specifically after a TA Attack.
    --Additional note which probably won't go in the move list, but within that window, just about any direction+P+K will still get the Advancing Swipe/Vaccuum Punch
    --Should we call this the Vacuum Punch?

Wall Attacks
    * Maybe we should note that you have to be next to the wall and turned towards the wall to do Lion's wall attacks (or the general wall attacks anyways)

-Chanchai

14. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

15. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Babel fish DO NOT give 100% accurate translation

For what it is worth
    In the red book...normal P is called straight lead
    P,P is called Jab straight.

Dun make me list the differences

But anyway Aido, I understand ur intention means well.

16. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Earth to Adio? I didn't ask for you to cite your references, but what I did ask was for you to check the Sarah command list. For some reason I still think you aren't aware of the fact that the Sarah command list on this site is using the official names (the same names you suggested).

While I'm talking about names, I just want to mention that I really don't care what names people use so long as they're qualified somewhere in the post or thread. I prefered to go with the official names for the 'foreign' characters for the sake of completeness.

17. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Re: Lion Corrections and Notes

Thanks Chanchai.

Lion's Command List has been updated.

18. nycat

nycat Well-Known Member

<font color=red>Excellent</font color=red> work <font color=white>Myke</font color=white>! <font color=blue>Bravo!</font color=blue>
    Wall Sky Strike = 65 points damage.
    <font color=black>46P+G</font color=black>
    Cheers!

19. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Updated! Cheers!

20. nycat

nycat Well-Known Member

<font color=black>Lion's Vf4 Lost Move</font color=black> <font color=white>P+K+G</font color=white> fastest punch Lion has in his arsenal. Presumed damage: 10 points. Frame rate: ? Name: Sega Japan forced through Babel (shudder) fish translator a few different ways and (shrug) ... I need help with a name. This move works best glued to other punches and I'm guessing it requires a virtual in your face shoulder rub or less than a board distance for it to connect. <font color=blue>Board Punch</font color=blue>(?)... Faster Than Lightning Punch {FTL} ( chuckle).