1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VFDC VF5FS Command Lists

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by akai, Jun 14, 2012.

1. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

I was wondering if we could add the frame advantage shun gets for transitioning into stance from his moves. It's actually listed out clearly in the game but in our command list on vfdc it's not. I'm fine with supplying the frame data, just need someone to be able to update it.

2. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    I look up Shun's [6][K] which transitions to Choukarou stance, and it shows that Shun is +6 on guard, +9 on hit and knocks down on CH.

So which moves that transition into stance are you talking about?

3. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

Shun is at a different adv if he choses to transition or not transition. It's not the same.Something like 4K transition might be a better example. You can pretty easily see what I"m talking about though. . .

4. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    Wolf's [2_][3][P] should be "+4" on NH, not "down".

5. TaNooki_kun

TaNooki_kun Well-Known Member

PSN:
    TaNooki-kun
    If you're talking about at a distance then yeah but up close DS 66K+G is 16f and OS 66K+G is 18f in Dojo. The same might be going on with that 6K+G but I don't remember offhand.

6. erdraug

XBL:
    erdraug
    Thanks for the heads up Tanooki Kun. I guess it has to do with the active frame the move actually hits. When i set it to CH both moves register correctly, no matter the range.

Anyway: Stride Combinations (OS [6][P][P][K] and OS [P][P][6][P][P][K]) should be marked -1 on NH vs Taka.

7. erdraug

XBL:
    erdraug
    Vanessa's OS [4][P] should be marked escape to "front" (not back).

8. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    It appears I'm not getting alerts when this thread has a reply recently. Anyways, from a while back...

The +4 is what the Master Guide had in their guidebook (majority of the data is based on that source).

Tested it a bit more. As stated in Chibitox's quote - it is +44 when you hit the person in the back. It is +7 on normal hit and +12 on normal hit when the strike hits the front of the person. Updated the command list to reflect this. Thanks for heads up, sorry for the 3+ months to update :D

9. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Corrected, thanks. (Also edited the Taka specific stuff)

10. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Frame data for all the jumping attacks updated.

Something that was a bit strange - for Sarah's Leap Savate - on guard it displayed that attack at -4 or -5; however, the execution of the move is displayed the same as 27 frames. Usually if moves execute at a later active frame, the move's execution is displayed to be slower

Tricky likes this.
  11. erdraug

XBL:
    erdraug
    I have a question: why is DS vanessa's [5] listed under the "Reversal" section?

The reason i'm asking is because it was NOT listed as a reversal in VF5 vanilla.

However i just looked at previous versions' command lists and apparently it IS listed as a reversal in VF4, VF4evo and VF4FT. Is there a rule/some reasoning behind these attributions?

The way i see it doesn't really behave like a reversal since (i) it's not possible to do RTE, and (ii) vanessa does not get CH when the opponent uses a move that belongs to a different attack class.

For reference, Jacky's Pak Sao is also (always) listed under "Reversals".

12. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    The command lists here closely follow the official publications by SEGA. In the Master's Guide for FS they're listed as Reversals.

13. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

I just noticed today that sarah's Wildcat (forward slide) [K][+][G] doesn't have any value about guard, hit or ch. Actually the move is +4 on guard and knock down on hit and ch.

akai likes this.
  14. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Updated Sarah's Wildcat frame data, thanks.

15. SUGATA

SUGATA Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SUGATA_RUS
    WHY no Rising attacks framedata in VFDC command lists for VF5FS?
    - RAs changed from VF5
    - RAs delays are gone
    - Knowing RAs framedata is crucial for Okizeme

RAs of VF5FS are in - VF5FS Guide from App Store!

We need them here, on VFDC command lists.

16. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    There are some technical issues for rising attacks frame data to be absent. When time permits, it will be added.

Chanchai and SUGATA like this.
  17. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Just to clarify, the frame data for rising attacks were not provided in the VF5FS Masters Guide, which was the original basis for the command lists on VFDC.

As SUGATA correctly points out, the frame data for rising attacks is available in the iOS app, and as akai mentioned, we'll get them added eventually.

For now, you can refer to the wiki section on Rising Attacks for general rules when it comes to frame data. Of course, there's a small number of exceptions to the general rule with some characters that have unique animations and/or hit effects for rising attacks from specific down positions.

Chanchai and SUGATA like this.
  18. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

Noticed that i can't get a +8 advantage after blocking brad's Shovel Hook Triple [2][P][+][K][P][P] I always get +8. Do the previous hit push me away so far that the third hit gets me always at the 2nd active frame or is the frame data wrong? Also if the first scenario is true, how can i manage to get a +9 advantage with Wolf?

Imho the move is -8 on block and not -9 as it's listed.

19. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    I bold the portion that is correct. Get very close to the edge of a walled stage and you will get Brad to be -9 on block (try a corner).

Mister likes this.
  20. Mister

I'm having some trouble to pull of the -19 disadvantage with kage's [2][P][+][K][K] without stance change. With [3][K][+][G] no problem at all, when he's going to the stance it's -20 and no stance -19. But for some reason I always get -20 with [2][P][+][K][K] when the frame data says -19. any suggestion about what should I do to pull of that -19? Or is there a mistake in the frame data? (I have a funny feeling that's not the case).

edit: how come the framedata says kage's [8][P][+][K] is -27 when i get -28?

2nd edit: and now after the third roll, kage should be -37 (even the frame data in the game says the same thing) however i fail to punish kage with [4][3][P] which is exactly 37f execution o_O. Kage is too much weird.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2013