1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VFDC Virtua Fighter 5 Free Giveaway Contest!!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by Pai_Garu, Feb 4, 2007.

1. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

<center>[​IMG]</center>
    <center><span style='font-size: 14pt'>VFDC is proud to present our own exclusive Virtua Fighter 5 contest courtesy of our friends at Sega of America and Brady Games!</span></center>
    <span style='font-size: 14pt'>
    We have 5 copies of Sega's Virtua Fighter 5 (US Version) and 5 copies of BradyGames ' Virtua Fighter 5 Official Strategy Guide to give away to Virtua Fighter fans! The rules are simple, we want you to <span style='font-size: 17pt'>SHOW US YOUR SCENE![/size]</span></span>

<center> [​IMG] [​IMG] </center>

Here are some examples of what you can do:
    - Take pictures of your local VF players.
    - Show us where you guys hangout, where do you play VF.
    - Show us pictures of your set up/TV/PS2/PS3/Sticks/etc.
    - Give us background information/location/history of your VF scene.
    - Tell us why you deserve to win VF5.
    - What you have done in preparation for VF5.
    - How you will help the scene grow when you get a copy of VF5.
    - ANYTHING ELSE YOU CAN THINK OF!
    - <span style='font-size: 11pt'>BE CREATIVE!![/size]</span>

Post all or any of the above in this thread, or link us to your videos/pictures/whatever.

You have from now until February 20th, 2007 to tell us as much as you can about your scene. We will pick five winners on the day of release (2/20/2007) based on who we feel will best benefit from receiving a free copy of Virtua Fighter 5, and we will ship the game out to your scene! We will also send out a FREE copy of the official Virtua Fighter 5 strategy guide by BradyGames to 5 runner ups, so don't hesitate to submit your entry!

Anyone can enter this contest as long as you have an address that I can ship the game to. This includes US, Europe, Asia, Australia, South America, anywhere I can mail a package to. Remember that this contest is not judged simply on the number of people you have. Emphasis will be placed upon effort/quality/enthusiasm/content. Post whatever you have in your disposal, or make some new contents! You can edit your post to continually add new content until Feb. 20th, so don't stop updating. Try to label your posts so I know which scene you are representing or simply keep them together in one post. I will start listing the scenes that entered the contest in this post and link to the entry posts.

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>Don't waste any time and SHOW US YOUR SCENE!!!</span>

<span style='font-size: 11pt'>Entries thus far[/size]</span> (numbered in order of entry)[/size]
    #1 San Diego
    #2 SoCal, Part 2
    #3 UK
    #4 Poznan of Poland
    #5 Brisbane of Australia, Part 2
    #6 Seattle
    #7 Bay Area (NorCal)
    #8 Ohio, Cleveland
    #9 Norway
    #10 New Jersey
    #11 Czech Republic
    #12 Dominican Republic
    #13 New York

<center><span style='font-size: 11pt'>Don't forget to check out Sega's official page for Virtua Fighter 5</span> </center><center><span style='font-size: 11pt'>and BradyGames' Official Virtua Fighter 5 Strategy Guide!!!</span> </center>

<span style='font-size: 20pt'>Congratulations to our winners![/size]</span>

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>VF5 Game Winners</span>
    1. Dominican Republic, Heta_Akira (and bonus Guide!)
    2. Columbus Ohio, akai
    3. Brisbane Australia, noodalls
    4. Poznan Poland, Griever
    5. Cleveland Ohio, tribaL

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>VF5 Brady Games Guide Winners</span>
    6. Czech Republic, ZSS
    7. Nordic Community, Chief Gutti
    8. San Diego, MarkMan
    9. Southern California, phoenixDth
    10. New York City, sudden_death

<center>

<a href="http://www.sega.com">
    [​IMG]
    </a><a href="http://www.sega.com/gamesite/vf5/phase2/index.html">
    [​IMG]
    </a><a href="http://www.bradygames.com">
    [​IMG]
    </a>
    </p></center>

2. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

Well, this is new.

3. ZSS

ZSS Well-Known Member

Smart going. I'll put something up.

4. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

You whore. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

5. ZSS

ZSS Well-Known Member

Don't be so jealous /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

6. Griever

Griever Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Griever_PL
    Damn, my scene would be my PS2 in my room with 2 of my friends playing from 9 am, 'till 2 am, so that's not really a preperation, huh? hey, I have 6 dual shock if we count all of them for all of us.....whatever :p

Anyway, good luck to whoever has the meanings to win /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

7. MarkMan

MarkMan Well-Known Member

SAN DIEGO VIRTUA FIGHTER!

I think I deserve a copy for my community because I really want to expose the fighting game scene here in San Diego to the wonderful game known as Virtua Fighter. I played Virtua Fighter 4 and EVO for quite a bit when they were released on PS2... I even imported them so I could get my fix. I really want this community to grow and have AS big if not bigger of a scene than the Tekken community in my area. I love this game and it really makes me sad that not that many people play it. I will be continuing my mission to let people know that VF5 is there and it is worth playing.

We had a small and short lived scene here a few years back for VF4EVO... I actually threw a tournament down here for VF and I was happy people came from Los Angeles(I'm in San Diego) just to share their love for VF and show us a good time... those were good times... I don't want to see a scene die, I just want to see it get bigger and bigger.

I wrote up this post a short while ago on my thoughts of VF and what I think about my community...

http://virtuafighter.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/146853/page/1/fpart/8#Post148082

So basically... my main reason is because I want to better the community here. Of course I'm going to be importing VF5 again. But having another copy for me will ensure the fact that I can help spread the love for VF. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Bottom line. I want 2007 to bring the players... and I will make it happen in my area.

Be sure to visit my site too!(In the sig)! It should be apparent I have a slight affinity for the VF series. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>SEE YOU AT EVO WEST!</span>

--

PS... I don't know what I can show picture wise that would show my love for VF... but I can show my love for fighting games /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif ! I think I have one of the largest arcade stick collections in the US... and also a large collection of fighting games... but that's about it lol.

PICTURES:
    [​IMG]
    Me playing Virtua Fighter 5 at E3. (I kept going back and forth since it was across from the Namco booth lol)

[​IMG]
    SEGA!

[​IMG]
    A few years back I held a VF4 EVO tournament at GameLords in Ocean Beach, CA... A couple of VFDC'ers actually showed up... it was nice to see some VF play!

[​IMG]
    Some of the crew that was present at the tournament.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Here's where most of the VF5 action will be going down.

[​IMG]
    Part of my arcade stick collection... I have close to 45 arcade sticks boxed... and a ton of loose ones... Speaking of arcade sticks, check out the arcade stick database I compiled on my site! http://sdtekken.com/tech-area/

EDIT: I really wish I took pics of the small VF5 sessions I had at my place earlier this week and last weekend. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif My camera is busted though. I'll post some next week, but the contest should be over by then. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

8. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

Jealous of what, czechboy, you don't have "a scene"...

Unless you mean the whoring.

9. YOSUKE

YOSUKE Well-Known Member

hmm. I would like to have one.

I will write something later also.

10. White_Worm

White_Worm Well-Known Member

I'll try to get some good pics of the Colorado scene, but I don't think we're having another gathering 'till the 20th. I guess by then it'll be too late.

Unless! Perhaps we can have a gathering for those of us brave enough to import...

11. tribaL

tribaL Well-Known Member

markman...wtf... it's bad enough sd has/had one of the better tekken scenes. let some ohioans in on the action of a free vf5.

long time no see.

12. ZSS

ZSS Well-Known Member

Re: VFDC Virtua Fighter 5 Free Giveaway Contest!!!

I can still tell you edited that.

13. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

What a crushing reply.

14. Unicorn

Unicorn Well-Known Masher Content Manager Wolf

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz

Is this for US scene only, or can some continental euro VF-ers show their zero-size community, keeped allive ony thanks to heroism of few ones, who must stand bravely not only against Tekken devils, but at the same time against GLS's sarkasm and his anti-VF dispositions?

15. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

Why would it be US-only? It's not like THEY have a huge, nation-wide community with hundreds and thousands of players.

P.S. GLS? You will die for this.

16. Unicorn

Unicorn Well-Known Masher Content Manager Wolf

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz

Why? Don't you like something about that?

BTW Why don't you post here something about YOU and Poland community? Show us how everyone there respect you for your skil... Ehm... For you VF-is-shit all the time hogwashs?

Edit: Why are you wasting your time and your excelent go-to-hell-if-you-dont-agree skill here, if you don't like VF, you don't play VF and you don't plan to play this "shity game"?

17. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

Wtf is wrong with you, taking out some shit with my "skill" all of a sudden? Did I write anything about how good I play? No. Did I say we've got a scene? No. And I will waste my time on whatever I want, fucktard.

18. Crazy_Galaxy

Crazy_Galaxy Well-Known Member

and the winner of the compo is...! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif
    seriously is this open to non residing in the usa humans?

19. YuuKun

YuuKun Well-Known Member

perfect this compo just started, i already filmed people from last friday session. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

looks like i might have to bring in my digital pro camera for photos next week. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

20. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

I'll update the top post with this as well...

"If you have a place that I can ship the game to in the world, you can enter this contest. :)"

Also, don't be afraid to enter even if you have a small scene. The decision will be based on effort/quality/enthusiasm and not simply based on how many people you have. Where are the pictures??