1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VFDC Virtua Fighter 5 Free Giveaway Contest!!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by Pai_Garu, Feb 4, 2007.

1. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

Re: VF5 Free Giveaway Contest!!!! Dominican Repub

i just realized i forgot to add NYG5 and the farewell tourney, I uploaded the pics but i forgot to write something and post the pics, will update after i wake up.

2. Unicorn

Unicorn Well-Known Masher Content Manager Wolf

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    Re: VFDC Virtua Fighter 5 Free Giveaway Contest!!!

Hmm, in 1st post it is said that winners will be announced in the day of US release, i.e. 2/20/2007, there will be picked up 5 winners. Who are this happy ones? Because it is 2/24 and I cannot find anything about who win /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

3. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

Sorry guys, I've just received the games from SOA. I'll be announcing the winners over the weekend.

4. ChiefGutti

ChiefGutti Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ChiefGutti
    XBL:
    ChiefGuttiWolf

Man, you New York guys absolutely rule.

I remember during the VF3 era, VF DC was just so insanly amazing at promoting the scene. You guys covered information on the game at the same level, and in some cases, beyond what I was reading in Gamest and other mooks at the time. I had no clue how to do Kankoku-step (korean step), but you guys featured in depth videos on how to pull this very neat trick off. Really, I remember telling my friends in Norway that I was so insanly amazed that such a site existed, because information on other games were better obtained through reading Gamest, but when it came to VF3, VFDC and you guys just excelled beyond my imagination.

Man, really, you New York guys and the VFDC at the time was abosolutely spectacular, and even though I didn't really know how to play the series at the time, you kept me motivated in learning the game for the better whenever I logged on to the site. Hardcore techniques just weren't explained properly in the Gamest guides at the time, but you guys certainly covered it in all aspects.

Man, it's quite funny how much inpact you guys have on people reading the articles and messages you posted during that time. I remember names like Adam Yuki, Hiro, Shouta, Ryan Hart, Mo and Ice-9 from all the back then! I'm not joking, I was just so proud reading the stories you put up with information on how you managed to stay at a high level and compete with the Japanese.

You guys were my heroes back then, lol.

Edit: Sorry, just reread the post seeing I'm mentioning the phrase "at that time" a lot. VFDC at today's stage IS just as great, and perhaps even better. It is just that I was so amazed that a site back then could even compete with information usually only obtainable through Japanese sources. The post came off wrong and I apologise.

Pai~Chun likes this.
  5. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent

Great job Sal! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

I feel you left out one of the best pics of our scene.

[​IMG]

Back row: Subbers, Rheinaoi, Shag, raziel666, Hayatogx, sta783, Sudden_Death

Front Row: cruzlink2, kazu, Hamme, Oioron, Alex, adamYUKI, Konjou_Akira, kungfusmurf

This clip if of an improptu team tourney we had when Yosuke and Shou were visiting. 7 players on each team. Team captains were Shou and mukatsuku_shun (aka Sekaijin, who was living in NYC at the time)

Big thanks to TechnicalMonkey for capturing the video.

Here is the list of matches in this clip in order of appearance.

CrewNYC vs TechnicalMonkey
    CrewNYC vs Denkai_84
    CrewNYC vs Hamme
    CrewNYC vs Sudden_Death
    kungfusmurf vs Sudden_Death
    kungfusmurf vs Konjou_Akira
    Shag vs Konjou_Akira
    Shag vs Yosuke
    Rheinaoi vs Yosuke
    adamYUKI vs Yosuke
    adamYUKI vs Sekaijin
    kazu vs Sekaijin

6. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

nyc scene post updated**

*link to vf3tbnycvf1997.wmv was fixed
    *fixed CTF thumbnail pics alignment
    *added youtube clickable movies (new vfdc feature)
    *added shag's gtn pic
    *added tidbit about the time when we posted flyers and put movelist on CTF arcade
    *added NYG5 info /pics
    *added anarchade info /pic
    *added thumbnail to web2zone pic
    *various grammar spelling (sorta...lol), plus other small details
    *fixed vffinal.mpg link
    *added farewell touney pics

and thats a wrap

7. noodalls

noodalls Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

Still keenly awaiting the final results, and needing to know them so I can confirm my PS3 order. Thanks Srider.

8. Pai_Garu

Ok everyone, please check over the list of entries in the first post and let me know if I'm missing anyone.

I'll be going over the list and determine the winners from what I have right now. Please let me know as soon as possible if you are missing from the list or if I made any kind of error.

This is the final call.

9. Griever

Griever Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Griever_PL

No, you've got too many. With our poor scene (and its presentation.... by Me:) ), we have now 0% chance of winning any prize /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif
    When can we expect the results? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

10. YuuKun

YuuKun Well-Known Member

Is UK class as one? Cause it's only me (South-East / London) and Jide (London) posted. Hmm... I guess it is.

11. tribaL

tribaL Well-Known Member

i gotta admit, it's really cool seeing other cities' scenes.

12. Pai_Garu

Ok, the results from the judges are arriving. Winners will be announced very soon.

13. PhoenixDth

PhoenixDth Well-Known Member

who are the mystery judges

14. KTallguy

KTallguy Well-Known Member

Not YOU!! Hahahah!

15. Griever

PSN:
    Griever_PL

Are you sure? Maybe he just said that, co you would think he's not one of them.... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

16. PhoenixDth

i bet ktallguy is one SF scene and all

17. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

This is one of the longest unveilings I've ever borne witness to.

GE

18. PhoenixDth

what there was still an unveiling ????? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

19. Griever

PSN:
    Griever_PL

If there are judges, that means that it is a serious case. And like every serious case, this can go on for many many years /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

20. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE

Ruse.