1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VFDC Virtua Fighter 5 Free Giveaway Contest!!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by Pai_Garu, Feb 4, 2007.

1. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

Re: VFDC Virtua Fighter 5 Free Giveaway Contest!!!

Sorry guys for the delay, but the winners are now decided. Thanks everyone for participating in the contest.

To Winners: Please PM me your current mailing address and any special instructions.

2. MarkMan

MarkMan Well-Known Member

Thank you for putting on such a great contest. It was a pleasure to see all the entries and read about everyone's respective scene!

3. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

Dude. Since 1993, it's Czech Republic and Slovakia, two separate countries... Fucking Americans. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

ZSS is from Czech Republic.

4. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

Sorry, not my fault, I was right earlier. I just copied and pasted...

5. Jide

Jide The Super Shinobi Silver Supporter

PSN:
    Blatant

Congrats to all...

6. YuuKun

YuuKun Well-Known Member

congratulations to all the winners!
    this compo had brought the VF community alot closer by sharing our scene. this thread feels like a family photo album. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

7. ZSS

ZSS Well-Known Member

That was fun.

8. ChiefGutti

ChiefGutti Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ChiefGutti
    XBL:
    ChiefGuttiWolf

Srider:

Excellent judgement call, man. I totally agree with the Winners List. Those 5 winners would clearly benefit to a large degree from receiving these nice set of prizes.

Thank you for selecting the Nordic VF scene to be allegable of a copy of the Brady VF5 Guide Book. We will use it in a tournament we are going to hold, where the players participating are mostly Tekken and other fighting game fans. These players have shown an interest in learning about the game, and perhaps this prize will persuade the winner to invest in a copy of VF5.

Again, thanks for putting together this contest! I have learnt A LOT more about the International VF scene from this topic, and one thing's for sure, this thread has surely brought the VF Junkies closer together!

9. Heta_Akira

Heta_Akira Well-Known Member

Our most sincere thanks in name of the “Dominican Republic VF Leagueâ€Â.
    I assure you that this copy will be use to it fullest to promote this wonderful and sophisticated game.

Also, Special thanks for the guide. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif
    A fine addition to our VF documentation. Without any doubt, we will find useful information for us and newcomers to the league.

Thanks to you all!!

Heta Akira

10. Griever

Griever Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Griever_PL

Wow... I am stunned /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif
    Thank You! I have to say, that this has kept me nervous and anxious for a long time.... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif
    I already sent msgs to the ppl from my scene.... they are happy like never before /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif
    "That was fun" (Vanessa)

11. PhoenixDth

PhoenixDth Well-Known Member

im gonna concede my prize to Yuu-Kun UK, i think he got shafted

double ohio wins wtf? i would of put norway in the top 5

12. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

I'm surprised about Norway not being in top 5 too.

13. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623

This contest was done in good spirit, and the entries received were a joy for most to read. I'm thinking of applying a little more permanence to some of these on the site somewhere.

But it's a real shame that an occasion like this gets spoilt by a certain few members who decide to question the final results, implying people were shafted or more deserving than others. What's the big deal?! You'd think we were talking about winning the lotto here.

Just to address a couple of things:

GLC, the Czech Republic thing was an honest mistake by me, so I think you might owe some people an apology for your "fucking americans" remark.

PhoenixDth, the reason YuuKun missed out (and it wasn't a simple decision either), was because his entry was on a site and not a post. Additionally, the site was difficult to read (dark blue text on dark blue bg). Having the site is fine, but a post would have been much better. If one had to go looking outside a post for an entry, then it scored less. Also, this double-ohio thing is silly. Each scene was judged on it's own merit, and just as a reminder, the contest wasn't a charity where the prizes had to be equally distributed.

The main things looked for were:
    <ul>[*]Some description about the scene. It's past, present and future.[*]Player introductions[*]VF5 prospects?[*]Photos[*]Presentation[/list]Most entries failed to focus on its players! In my opinion, it's the players that make the scene. Presentation was also important. We didn't want to go looking elsewhere for content. Another way to think of it was how "print friendly" was the post?

Anyway here are some of my own comments on the entries that won, in order of submission.

San Diego by MarkMan
    Good sized tekken scene with potential to recruit new VF players. Over 45 joysticks, and not a single one of them can be used on any next-gen console. We feel the pain!

Poznan, Poland by Griever
    Griever makes tea for his fellow VFers!

Brisbane, Australia by noodalls
    Dedication to the cause, major contributor to the global scene.
    Credit for destroying a scene in Japan. Clearly, they have too many! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Southern California by PhoenixDth
    Nice historical introduction to one of the biggest NA scenes with an individual perspective.

Ohio by akai
    Travelling VFers in a snow storm having their car Giant Swung!

Nordic Community by ChiefGutti
    Massive scene who really look like they have their act together!

Cleveland, Ohio by tribaL
    Tekken player enthused by VF. His story about the arcade encounter, losing badly, and learning of a greater community "out there" is admirable, and a model I think many VFers fall into.

Czech Republic by ZSS
    Proving that still waters run deep. VFers drinking beer warms my heart!

Dominican Republic by Heta_Akira
    Just fantastic, and a perfect introduction to the scene! A long and rich history that started with one passionate individual and grew into the scene that it is today. 1st class inspiration from a 3rd world country! Great player introductions with photos, and bonus points for the mascot! I feel like I've come to know your scene.

NYC by sudden_death
    For a guy who never goes to gatherings, sudden_death sure has his finger on the pulse of the NYC community. A great presentation overall.

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>Thanks to all who participated!</span>

14. PhoenixDth

i still would like to concede the prize to yuu-kun uk, i liked his submission

15. MarkMan

MarkMan Well-Known Member

VF fever is starting to pick up in my area... quite a few of the Tekken players have purchased VF5 already, I'm hoping for good things... more and more are showing interest each time we play.

16. noodalls

noodalls Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

To everyone involved, thank-you. I really appreciate the concept of this competition, rewarding effort in presentation and commitment to further development of the scene. Hopefully when the next VF game rolls around, none of the scenes that have won will need the game, because their players will already be into the game enough that someone will grab it immediately. But the fact that it will again show us what every is up to, is something to look forwards to, should it happen again.

17. 001

001 Well-Known Member Content Mgr El Blaze

congrats to the winners. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

18. PhoenixDth

myke just in respect to yuu-kun

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">- ANYTHING ELSE YOU CAN THINK OF!
    - BE CREATIVE!!

Post all or any of the above in this thread, "or" link us to your videos/pictures/"whatever." </div></div>

I never thought he was outside the parameters, harsh to nail a scene because of hard to read text and he even went the extra mile to setup a site in my opinion. Anyways criticism aside, congrats to all the winners and good vfing.

19. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

You think? Honestly, I'm surprised you still treat the things I say like that - it's not like you're new to my "style"...

...and notice the smiley.

20. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    - First, thanks to those involved in organizing and judging the Virtua Fighter Scene Giveaway; thanks to those people who took the time to present their scenes; and thanks should also go to Sega and Brady Games for the prizes.

This was one of the better topics I always looked forward to reading in VFDC. It lets those who have been in the scene, reminisce, and gives new people a glimpse of what the VF community is like and encourage them to meet up with people in their local area.

- Second, I am happy and surprised that Ohio was awarded not one but two prizes, one for Cleveland and the other for Columbus. Yesterday in our first VF5 gathering, Tribal found out he was awarded a free VF5 and went to the mall to purchase a Hori's joystick. He is saving money now to get a PS3. Win a $60 prize, fork over $700 dollars to be able to play the game 0_0. Its kinda funny in a strange way.

As for me getting it, I was going to put it up as a prize for those who don't have VF5 in an upcoming gathering organized between Cleveland and Columbus in mid-April. After reading the posts here, I honestly don't mind giving up the VF5 copy to others outside of Ohio. If someone really feels that they deserve a free copy of VF5, PM me about it as I already gave my mailing info to Srider (Do it before the Columbus crew finds out! :p).