1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VFDC Virtua Fighter 5 Free Giveaway Contest!!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by Pai_Garu, Feb 4, 2007.

1. tribaL

tribaL Well-Known Member

I just wanted to say that I'm shocked. I was really surprised when I found out about the results. Needless to say it made my day. Fortunately, on this same day, we had a gathering over at my place. We had it planned beforehand, because my friend from Toledo (TheChamp) was coming up with his ps3. It went from a gathering almost to a celebration gathering. Here are just a few pics from last night...

[​IMG]
    Remember the pics in my entry? A lone tribaL on a couch? From left to right you have Akai, NinjaCW, and TheChamp (I'm not in it because I'm taking the picture... I figured since you saw so much of me in the entry that we've probably seen enough of me).

[​IMG]
    Again, Akai, NinjaCW, and TheChamp.

[​IMG]
    Here's a pic of TheChamp's ps3, Akai's Hori and VF5 Black Book, and my own, newly purchased Hori.

[​IMG]
    A close-up of my stick with my new addition to it. As Akai said, when I found out I won I went out and bought a stick I can use on the ps3. They only had one left, so I got lucky.

btw, playing pad on VF5 is extremely difficult.

And, in following with the Dominican Republic, we too have decided upon a mascot!

Introducing... Brutus!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. YuuKun

YuuKun Well-Known Member

Re: VFDC Virtua Fighter 5 Free Giveaway Contest!!!

I would like to say thanks to PhoenixDth for your support to my submission and UK scene as a whole. And thanks again for offering me the prize which I refuse to accept it. You deserve this man, please keep it.

As for making a webpage to post my scene, I didn't realise this was a disadvantage and I must have confused myself to the competition rules as it mentioned 'link us to your videos/pictures/whatever'.

Anyway, I’m happy how everything had turned out, as I said before this compo is a healthy one and let’s keep the wheel running for future photos and vids. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Thanks.

P.S. Myke, you mentioned about "Additionally, the site was difficult to read (dark blue text on dark blue bg)", possible thats not my webpage? Because I didn't use dark blue text on dark blue background. Just wondering and not insulting in any way.

3. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623

YuuKun, check out the screenshot:

http://virtuafighter.com/selondon.jpg

this is how your site appears in the Opera web browser, which is why I found it difficult to read. I'm not sure if this is due to myspace.com, or some browser specific styles used. So, had you submitted the same content as a post instead, this issue would never have come up.

Today I checked out the site with IE and Firefox, and the colours are certainly different, and more readable. So it's unfortunate that there was this technicality, and in all honesty, if there were enough prizes to go around, you (and others) would certainly have received one. But since phoenixdth has kindly offered his prize to you, hopefully we're all good?

4. ZSS

ZSS Well-Known Member

Brutus ftw! =^..^=

5. YuuKun

YuuKun Well-Known Member

cheers Myke, everything is alot clearer now, please get yourself a proper internet browser! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif
    spoken to PhoenixDth and everything is cool, will pm you my address for the prize.

6. Jaxel

Jaxel Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Jaxelrod

Aww... shame New Jersey didnt get anything... yeah, our VF scene sucks...

Thankfully we had a tremendous amount of interest appear from the game after this weekend's Soul Calibur tournament. The new buffer system in the game is really driving some good interest... and we already have 3 sticks that work on the PS3! (plus two elecom adaptors from Kyuzo).

Anyway, NYC guys, I hope you come to our major April tournament.

7. KTallguy

KTallguy Well-Known Member

Congrats to the winners /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

8. ChiefGutti

ChiefGutti Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ChiefGutti
    XBL:
    ChiefGuttiWolf

Srider:

Hey, man. You alive? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif
    Did you have time to read the PM I sent you a week ago? It's about the Guide Book prize. The reason I'm asking is because we're thinking of using it as a prize in our VF5 tournament on the 24th of March this month, featuring fighting game players who have other fighting games are their main.

I can ship you money for transfer costs without a problem.

Thanks! Looking forward to hearing from you! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

9. maddy

maddy Well-Known Member

Just wanted to add my appreciation on this wonderful contest idea and all the people who introduced their scenes in this thread. Such a great read guys. Keep up the good scenes!

10. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

A quick update on the prizes. There were some issues regarding international participants, but they have been resolved. I apologize for the delay.

All prizes have been shipped out and they will arrive within a week.

Unfortunately, I could not get tracking info for international addresses, so those of you outside the US will have to check with your local postal services.

US residents can check your tracking info through the US Postal Service website.

Thanks to all those who entered the contest and enjoy your prizes!

11. noodalls

noodalls Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

The game arrived on Friday, perfect timing for the Australian PS3 launch. Sticks are due to come on Monday, and once that's done I'm ready to get some people playing.

So, now that everything is coming together, thanks once again to the Sega people, the VFDC people and everyone else involved, you've really made my day (/week/year, there's a lot to learn.) /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

12. ZSS

ZSS Well-Known Member

The book's arrived, thank you USPS

13. Griever

Griever Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Griever_PL

Same here, the game arrived yesterday.... but I was kinda busy with it afterwards to let you know /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif
    Anyway, thank you /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

14. YuuKun

YuuKun Well-Known Member

same here, got the book today. thank you VFDC and postman.