1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VFers in the ATLANTA, GA area for some arcade or PS2 action?

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by HalfLotus, May 9, 2002.

1. HalfLotus

HalfLotus Active Member

Who wants some of Devo?

There's arcade machines at Underground and Dave & Buster's at Delk Rd & I-75. Personally I think chillin at somebody's house with food and drink and free would be better. I'm about 30 mins from Atl and willing to drive.

I need more human players, my roommates suck ass!

2. DMan

DMan Well-Known Member

I come down to underground to play sometimes. Maybe we could set up a time to meet there, although it would be nice to find some place to play the ps2 version.
    -DMan-

3. HalfLotus

HalfLotus Active Member

Underground sounds good to me. Are there many players there?

4. DMan

DMan Well-Known Member

There seem to be a handfull of decent players at Underground. Usually in the afternoons around 5:30. I try to go at least once a week to see how the competition is shaping up. I haven't met anyone down there who can beat me consistently though (not that i'm really good or anything). I'm better on the ps2 pad right now since I don't have a joystick to practice on at home yet.
    -DMan-

5. UnCauzi

UnCauzi Well-Known Member

Do the undergrounds sticks suck or whats the deal? I made my way that way not to long ago only to find out that the kick button kept kicking :/

6. DMan

DMan Well-Known Member

Do the undergrounds sticks suck or whats the deal? I made my way that way not to long ago only to find out that the kick button kept kicking :/

When was that? I was playing there about two weeks ago and the machine was pretty good. I did have to hit p+k+g extra hard to tech roll though.

-DMan-

7. UnCauzi

UnCauzi Well-Known Member

It was in february...

8. imf

imf Well-Known Member

FL vs GA, when are we going to do this? Lets play some VF fellas. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

9. DMan

DMan Well-Known Member

It was in february...

Oh, that was before they fixed the machine. They got the machine at the end of Dec. and it was broken! It took them a couple of months to fix it. I had lost all hope but one day the actually fixed it. So now it works o.k.

-DMan-

10. DMan

DMan Well-Known Member

Well are any of you guys coming up here for the Final Round 5: the road to evolution tournament? VF4 isn't in the tournament but I hope to meet some more VF4 players there.

-DMan-

11. imf

imf Well-Known Member

Nah man, I don't think any of us are planning on going to that.

12. HalfLotus

HalfLotus Active Member

I'll have to check out Underground. I have only played on PS2. Should be interesting.

13. stompoutloud

stompoutloud Well-Known Member

Give me some info on that tournament you are talking about in Atlanta. Me and my friend Axel are probably going up to Atlanta in June. When is it?

14. DMan

DMan Well-Known Member

Give me some info on that tournament you are talking about in Atlanta. Me and my friend Axel are probably going up to Atlanta in June. When is it?

Sorry, I didn't see your post in time. That tournament took place on Sat. june 1. The info about it was up on www.shoryuken.com before there servers ate the forums there.

-DMan-