1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VFLive Season VI. Running now thru 04/30/2015. Prizes for season top 3.

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by DigitlSamurai, Dec 30, 2014.

By DigitlSamurai on Dec 30, 2014 at 3:35 PM
  1. DigitlSamurai

DigitlSamurai Well-Known Member

PSN:
    DigitlSamurai
    XBL:
    DgtlSamurai KOF
    VFLive Season VI logo.jpg For those who don't know, VFLive is a series of weekly online VF5: FS tournaments hosted over Xbox Live. This season there will be prizes of Xbox gift cards for the top three of the season.

As before, tournaments will be held on Xbox Live, on Thursdays and Saturdays at 8:00 PM U.S.A. Eastern Time.

The winner of each tournament is awarded three points toward their overall score for the season, with 2nd and 3rd place scoring 2 and 1 point respectively and point values increasing after each major. Majors are held once month and are worth the next multiple up in points At the end of the season, the three players with the highest overall scores will receive the following prizes:

Season champion - $30 in Xbox gift cards (two $15 codes)
    2nd place - $20 in Xbox gift cards (one $15 code, one $5 code)
    3rd place - $15 Xbox gift card (one $15 code)

To enter, post in this thread, or message me on Xbox Live. Entries are on a tournament by tournament basis. You can also use our Facebook group, VFLive Tournament Series to keep up with events. When requesting membership, please message me with your gamertag. An updated version of the full ruleset can be found below.

Also, here's my Youtube channel where the videos will be posted: https://www.youtube.com/user/DigitlSamurai

RULES:

Tournaments are double elimination, 2 out of 3 wins to a set. Grand finals are 3 out of 5. Maximum of 8 players per event (for now). If there aren't enough players for a standard tournament, an alternate format, such as a round robin will be used.​

ALL tournaments will be recorded by me and later posted on Youtube, unless stated otherwise.

By entering a VFLive event, you are agreeing to have your match footage, gamertag and conversations during the event, appear on Youtube. NO EXCEPTIONS!

In the event of an unintentional disconnect, the set will be resumed from the round where the disconnect occurred.

Dural is banned.

Show up on time!!! If you no show three times, you WILL be suspended for the remainder of the season. If you get banned from two seasons, you'll be perma-banned. It WILL NOT count against you if you need to cancel out of a tournament, but let me know a reasonable amount of time beforehand. If you're more than five minutes late, you forfeit. If you tell me you'll be late, I'll wait 15 minutes, but no longer than that.

As for how to conduct yourself, basically just don't be a jerk. Trash talk is fine, personal insults are NOT. Rage quitting, repeatedly readying up out of turn, or any other kind of intentionally disruptive behavior WILL result in forfeiture and/or a possible ban from VFLive.​

Season VI final score

Champion: Jami San - 51 points

2nd place: CRASHEM8000 - 36 points

3rd place: DigitlSamurai - 27 points

4th place: EvenPit - 26 points

5th place: KingofCarnageVF - 11 points

6th place: suminsoserious - 10 points

Tied for 7th place: Craigbot, BBountyHuntyr - 8 points each

8th place: KADAJ757 - 7 points

Tied for 9th place: Ashura159, Jason ELBOW - 6 points each

10th place: BLACKSTAR - 3 points

11th place: Fortune07 - 2 points

Tied for 12th place: everyone else - 1 point each

Last edited: May 2, 2015

Comments

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by DigitlSamurai, Dec 30, 2014.

1. suminsoserious
      suminsoserious
      I'm in
    2. DigitlSamurai
      DigitlSamurai
      How do I get this on the front page?

Confirmed.
    3. DigitlSamurai
      DigitlSamurai
      Might possibly be starting a PS3 version of VFLive. My plan is to host a tournament, or two starting two weeks after the start of the main season to test the waters and gauge interest. If turnout is consistently good, I'll spin it off into a weekly event. Thoughts?
      Nalaztre likes this.
    4. Craigbot
      Craigbot
      I'm in, it's time to break some bones again :D.
    5. DigitlSamurai
      DigitlSamurai
      Good to hear.
      suminsoserious likes this.
    6. BBountyHuntyr
      BBountyHuntyr
      May I join in this time around?
    7. DigitlSamurai
      DigitlSamurai
      Yes.
    8. BBountyHuntyr
      BBountyHuntyr
      How do I sign up?
    9. DigitlSamurai
      DigitlSamurai
      You just did. All you had to do was tell me you wanted to enter.
    10. DigitlSamurai
      DigitlSamurai
      Original post edited for clarity.
    11. DK
      DK
      Would you consider giving out toys r us cards in the case that a specific player would want that? @Libertine :D
      Last edited: Jan 6, 2015
    12. DigitlSamurai
      DigitlSamurai
      Not sure if you're serious, or trolling, but no. I chose Xbox cards because, this being an Xbox tournament, everyone can use them.
    13. BLACKSTAR
      BLACKSTAR
      Hmmmmmm.

If its cool, I'll sign up for one of these tournaments. This will give me a new reason to train.
    14. DigitlSamurai
      DigitlSamurai
      Yes, that's fine. The first one?
    15. suminsoserious
      suminsoserious
      Yo Digitl, you got me down for Saturday??? The 17th?
      Last edited: Jan 9, 2015
    16. Nalaztre
      Nalaztre
      A PS3 tourny/gathering would be great. Access to LIVE is scarce... Even with current oil prices :-(
    17. DigitlSamurai
      DigitlSamurai
      Yes, I do.
      The first tournament to test out a PS3 version is Tuesday, January 27 at 8:00 PM Eastern. Whether it becomes a regular part of VFLive depends on how successful it is.

@Nalaztre @Craigbot @BLACKSTAR @BBountyHuntyr I'm assuming it's the season opener, on the 15th you guys want to enter, correct?

Current schedule:
      Season VI Opener - January 15, 8:00 PM Eastern. Spots left: 2 (?)
      Tournament 2 - January 17, 8:00 PM Eastern. Spots left: 6
      PS3 Test Tournament 1 - January 27, 8:00 PM Eastern. Spots left: 6

When entering, please specify which event. To be clear, you can enter as many, or as few as you want.
    18. KADAJ757
      KADAJ757
      I'm in for the season opener but I can't make that Saturday tournament.
    19. Craigbot
      Craigbot
      I'll try for the 15th & 17th