1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VFnet Options

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Adio, Aug 26, 2001.

1. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

We all Know that VFnet isn't coming to the West. But could someone please explain it to me. I know you can change the character costume colours which is a great idea. But how Do you change the colours etc. What's the process? Is it at the character select screen. Can you mix colours? Can two people pick the same character costume but with different colours? Do the colour changes work on the VF1 models? Also, how do the VFnet cards connect with mobile phones and the internet and what are the benefits for doing so?

Adio.

2. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

Wouldn't you like to know everything with any effort from your side... :p Go to this Japanese link page:

http://world.altavista.com. You will find loads on info on VF.net. So there.

3. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

Ok cheers.

Adio.

4. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

CARUMBA!!! I can see! I can really see! It's a bloody MIRACLE!!! Was I the only one who didn't know?! Really big Cheers GLC. Wow, I've been thanking you a lot. Why don't I skip ahead and ask you for the key to Imortality while i'm here.

Adio.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Color selection is not functioning yet.
    Currently, as your Kyu or Dan goes up, your costume color gets changed automatically, but you can not choose it.
    I think there are 4 or 5 variations for both 1P and 2P.
    According to Sega, the function will be available from next month, and after then you can choose the color of your costume using a celular phone.

You might have already learned about VF.net card, let me explain a bit.
    16-digit number is printed on each card.
    When you access to the VF.net via celular phone for the first time, you enter the code.
    The next thing you do is to input your ring name.
    Once you input your ring name, it will be shown on the screen when you play VF with inserting the card to a machine.
    In case you dont have a celular phone that can access to VF.net, you can use a card nevertheless.
    But your name will be "No-Name".
    The card records what char you are using ( you can not change what char you have registered to the card afterward), your Kyu/Dan and your win/lose ratio.
    A machine needs to be connected to VF.net via exclusive line (or whatever) too, othewise your ring name can not be shown.
    If a machine is connected, live information of an arcade is sent to Sega's host in real time.
    If you subscribe to mailing system of VF.net, you will receive a mail when;
    a famous player comes to the arcade,
    some one keeps winning more than, say, 20 times in straight,
    your friends comes there, etc.

For further info, refer to http:// http://www.sega-rd2.com/vf4/vfnet/index.html .

6. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

Cheers Yassa Hokku. Your a great help.

Adio.

7. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

If you subscribe to mailing system of VF.net, you will receive a mail when; a famous player comes to the arcade, some one keeps winning more than, say, 20 times in straight, your friends comes there, etc.

Damn, that would be a nice thing to have, pity VF.net only exists in Japan :(

8. dynamic-league

dynamic-league Well-Known Member

We have not got VF.NET but we got the Dynamic League. We in the West will not be left out.
    Dynamic League will process the player stats from the VF4 fan sites and create the VF4 Dynamic League.

"Rise to the challenge"

9. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Blah blah blah. Four years on and still as full of crap as ever, Derrick.

10. dynamic-league

dynamic-league Well-Known Member

RIGHT !
    I take that as an insult.
    We will have to settle this on VF4.
    Pray you never play against me as you will only see EXCELLENT ! for every round you loose :)

Now back to the subject (before they kick me off this forum).

I have seen 2 VF.Net cards and an information leaflet. The cards look very cool. They have no magnetic strip on the back which is a bit of a surprise. The cards just have a 16 digit number inscribed.
    You need to have an iMODE mobile phone to get info.
    I heard the system is not working properly yet as they have a few network problems.
    Has anybody seen any ACTUAL stats?

"Rise to the challenge"

11. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Yah loh~
    So much crap~

<font color=red>~~~ 'back off feather brain, or u can stick around and find out the hard way!/versus/images/icons/mad.gif~~~'<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by SummErs on 08/28/01 07:49 AM (server time).</FONT></P>

12. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Derrick,

I *have* played with you at the Namco arcade in London, back in 1997, and I stand by my earlier comment. We can settle it over VF4 anytime you come to California, or if I'm ever in London. Loser buys sushi (in SF) or fish & chips (in London)! /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif

Re: VF.net. Unfortunately, the stats are only available via iMode for now, but Sega is releasing a VF.net passport disc for the DC in Japan. Don't know if the disc will work on NA or European DCs, though.