1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

vf's popularity in japan

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Guest, Oct 29, 2000.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

i vaugly remember reading things about:
    in japan,
    1. a guy getting so hooked on vf he starts to go there every day on his lunch break, and comes back late, eventually not going to work at all, just to play vf. eventually losing his job.

2. 'gangs' of people pooling their money together in order to buy their own arcade machine and playing it?

3. people stealing etc in order to get money to play.

4. some guy in japan or korea playing an rpg so much he stopped eating (to go on long binges of playing) and eventually died. this was in some newspaper.

does anyone know what im talking about/have more stories on this kinda stuff?
    do they do this for other games over there or just vf?

2. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

Psychotic

It's pretty crazy. I remember reading that the VF2 Sarah Tetsujin - Shinjuku (sp?) Sarah - had his wife and daughter leave him and eventually divorce because of his obsession. I think he also lost his job. Completely, imo, psycho. You need serious help if VF interferes that much with your life.

Interestingly, a while back on Blast City there was a thread premised on "Would you rather make out with your girlfriend or play games?!" I don't have to write what the overwhelming majority responded with. The guy who started the thread was likely feeling a little sheepish for posing such a retarded question. ;)

cheers,

<font color=white> Llanfair the prized <font color=green>cabbage</font color=green></font color=white>

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Nutters

When some Japanese guy purchased the last local copy of Super Nintendo Zelda his jealous neighbour burned his house down

I'm just waiting for my sister

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Re: Psychotic

The guy in korea who died was playing Starcraft.

-sa