1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VFX was seen running on XBOX

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Guest, Jan 25, 2001.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

http://www.gamers.com/news/526670

the xbox version will blow the dc version away, if this is true (may be able to match naomi 2 hardware, atleast a lot closer than dc). what if they decide not to make a dc version?

was this the meaning of the X in vfx? --- suzuki has earlier said in interviews that he admires the xbox.
    maybe they planned for it to be this way. sega is doing a lot of restructuring (making games for ps2, gba, etc)

2. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

an additional bit of info is that there is a rumor that
    X-Box will contain the DC chipset, thus all DC games
    will be playable on Micorsoft's baby. If it is true
    I can't think of a better partner for SEGA.

GE

3. Hayai_JiJi

Hayai_JiJi Well-Known Member

I just hope Sega picks one system to develop for so I dont have to buy every system to get all of Sega's games. I also hope Sega makes the other companies pay an arm and a leg for their services. There is no question that they will be the worlds best third party developer.

Under the surface of the most jaded cynic lies a dissappointed idealist- George Carlin

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Bullshit, VFX is a Naomi 2 Game (Officaly anounced on the Website), and don't think that X-BoX is to strong as hardware( i read a interview with progammers who said that Gamecube could be more powerfull).
    I think that Naomi 2 will be the strongest Hardware out there(not much...but think 33MB VRam and 77MB for the rest, not bad).
    Only because sega-quites the Hardwaremarket doesn't mean that their products will imidiatly follow on other systems(official PS2, Gameboyadvance)

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Bullshit, VFX is a Naomi 2 Game (Officaly anounced on the Website), and don't think that X-BoX is to strong as hardware( i read a interview with progammers who said that Gamecube could be more powerfull).
    I think that Naomi 2 will be the strongest Hardware out there(not much...but think 33MB VRam and 77MB for the rest, not bad).
    Only because sega-quites the Hardwaremarket doesn't mean that their products will imidiatly follow on other systems(official PS2, Gameboyadvance)

6. GodEater

since when does a console have to meet or equal the
    the strength of dedicated hardware based games to
    qualify for a conversion?

Most conversions pale in some manner when directly
    compared to their arcade counterparts. This is
    well-known. It definately does not make the possibility
    of a VF-x conversion to X-box bullshit.

GE

7. Guest

Guest Guest

yes, i didnt post post about that because microsoft has denied those rumors. (unlikely its going to happen if they deny it.) ms is going to lose a lot of money on the xbox, because the hardware is so expensive, and adding a dc-on-a-chip to it would just make it cost for them way WAY too much.
    the dcoac will be integrated into set-top boxes, dvd players though

8. Guest

Guest Guest

uh... i could be wrong. the wording of the denial is a little funny, it could be that they somehow emulate the dc in software and not use the chip.

9. GodEater

Microsoft denies a lot of things. : )

GE

10. Guest

Guest Guest

1 point for you Godeater, but everybody knows that Naomi2 is very close to naomi1 (much more then Model 2 to saturn),
    VF was always an important title for Sega(1,7Mio=VF2), and it would be stupid to release the game first on XBoX then the DC . Sega still plans to make money with the DC and has only anounced PS2 and GBA engagement. why release a title on xbox if the hardware hasn't got a big user base(during the first year)

11. GodEater

heh, I'll tell you right now that I don't really
    have an opinion about what's going on with SEGA
    or Microsoft or anything similar (well I have
    opinions but not strong ones). I just think it
    would be un-wise to dismiss things so readily.

SEGA has been incredibly evasive and word
    choosey about the whole "getting out of the
    hardware biz" thing. That makes anything
    else they want the consumer to believe
    suspect as well. Microsoft and any other
    hardware developer for that matter. They
    spin everything.

And current problems are forever changing
    what you want to do in the future.
    Maybe they won't have a choice concerning
    where they want games to appear. Maybe its
    that bad.