1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VFX!?!?!

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by JunesOne, Sep 20, 2000.

1. JunesOne

JunesOne Member

2. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

Well it's about freakin time. However, the lack of information about this 'announcement' on The Magic Box makes me question its validity...

Here's to keeping our fingers crossed.

<font color=white> Llanfair the prized <font color=green>cabbage</font color=green></font color=white>

3. Hayai_JiJi

Hayai_JiJi Well-Known Member

Thank god. Now if I can just a stage that is reminiscent of the last fight scene in the kung fu movie of all kung fu movies "The Street Figter" and a Sonny Chibaesque character I can die a happy man. WU HOOO!!!

Under the surface of the most jaded cynic lies a dissappointed idealist- George Carlin

4. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    I just checked the magic box, and a little news there actually cleared something up.

It says that games under dev. for Naomi 2 include "Macross VF-X, Virtua Fighter..."

Don't the Macross games have VFX in the title? I think there was a mistake by whoever reported the news first, and they thought VF-X was the new VF. So we're probably getting 4 after all; but at the end of 2001???

Spotlight

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Virtua Fighter 2001 Namoi 2!

What are you going to do? At least it's coming. My guess
    is that it won't come to DC though.

6. Winston Smith

Winston Smith Member

This does not answer one single thing regarding the release of VF4. Nothing. Zilch.

7. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Hmmm... VFX is vague :p

Perhaps it's a beatemup using Shenmue's fighting engine?

Perhaps it's really a sequel to Virtua Fighter?

Perhaps it's some weird new spinoff of VF3tb?

Perhaps it's VF rated X? (nah, maybe not)

Perhaps it is as someone mentioned above, a Macross game (because Macross was announced for Naomi 2).

In any case, Naomi 2 is an upgraded Naomi board which sounds great in its own right... but I don't know if it will really be the platform for which VF4 will be on. In any case, it's all good news to me either way. I'm just gonna try to not expect anything out of VF4 until I play it for the first time/images/icons/smile.gif

-Chanchai

8. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    Re: Virtua Fighter 2001 Namoi 2!

Looks like I spoke too soon. Gamefan has a link to AM2's official VFX site; the address is:

www.sega-rd2.com/vf_x/index.html

not much to see, but least it has Yu's signature.

Noah, why do you think it wouldn't come to DC? Ferrari 355 is powered by 4 naomi boards, and while the dc version admittedly has 2 less screens, they still did a nice job translating it.

One curious thing, the logo is not in the vf font.

Spotlight

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Re: Virtua Fighter 2001 Namoi 2!

My feeling is that by the time VF4 appears on the Naomi 2 that the DC will have gone the way of the Dodo. My guess is that the new VF will appear on a new Sega console. (Hopefully a new console and not some ridiculous add-on like the 32X.) Naomi 2 implies a new system. I could be wrong. I hope I'm wrong, but the DC will be out for 2 full years in the US by the time VF appears in Japanese arcades. Add another 6 months for a US arcade appearence. The Japanese VF DC would probably not appear until late-spring 2002 which would be 3.5 years in Japan for the DC, but given the poor DC market in Japan I would think they'll be talking new system by then....

10. Guest

Guest Guest

i doubt it a little bit because of the logo looking NOTHING like regular vf.
    someone mentioned the thing about macros being called vf-x
    i think this is something to get us hyped up and then we find out its not the next vf.
    i think if they make another vf they will call it vf4: (something) or just vf4. dont want to start wierding out on the valuable brand name just yet.
    i really doubt it. look at the logo!

11. Guest

Guest Guest

they ARE porting fv2 to dc if anyone missed it

12. Guest

Guest Guest

i think this is the next virtua fighter game. the logo (or rather the initials) ARE like the regular vf logo! the v IS the vf v and same for the f. look closer. vf4 sounds sillier than vfx, so that could be the reason for calling it vfx. i mean, when has anything succeeded as a third sequel (final fantasy aside!)?

phil a, england

13. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

>vf4 sounds sillier than vfx

oohhhkaaayyyyy....
    does the number 4 normally sound "silly" to your ears after it comes after the number 3?

is this you? "one, two, three, fou..fourff..fourrfppthbWAHAHahaHAhaHahha"

--
    "A chem bla deshembla blurr fuh bli fouzh"

14. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    LOL, good call Rich.

Quit trippin on the title folks, there's still a long way to go. If anything, it's just a working title and I'm sure they'll appropriately name this baby when it's ready. Project Berkely anyone? Personally I see absolutely nothing wrong with it being called VF4.

When was a game's worth dependent on it's title anyway? It's like telling a kid she'll never amount to anything because she has a dorky name! :)

__
    m y k e
    how ya gonna win when ya ain't right within?

15. Guest

Guest Guest

ok, so i phrased it badly. i just meant that 4 indicates a direct
    continuation of the vf series. other than in the east, vf has always been
    underrated, and undermined by naive namco fans. by changing it to vfx, it's
    like a brand new concept. and, actually 4 does sound a bit shit, coz, like i
    said b4, nothing ...4 usually succeeds, and it sounds corny, as if the
    company is flogging a dead horse or something. e.g. tomb raider 4 and mortal
    kombat 4 aren't as liked as the originals were - coz they are now stale. in
    fact, core/eidos didn't use the number 4 in the title of the last
    revelation, so maybe someone agrees with me at least...
    and, you don't actually believe that i think the number 4 sounds
    phonetically silly do you!? you misunderstood me, mr.bungle.
    anyone agree with my reasoning about the title...?
    phil a, from england

16. adamYUKI

adamYUKI Well-Known Member

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    posted by MAXIMUM on hardcoregaming's MB :

Check AM2's website under "Weekly AM2", it's all in there. Just thought I'd point this out to try and dispel some of the silly rumours floating around the web about VFX not being a VF game or that's it's on X-box.
    So to make things clear: VFX is a next generation Virtua Fighter game being developed by AM2 under Yu Suzuki AND it's being developed for Naomi 2.

<font color=red>ORA! ORA! ORA!</font color=red>

<font color=white>adam</font color=white><font color=red>YUKI</font color=red><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by adamYUKI on 9/26/00 11:58 AM.</FONT></P>

17. Guest

Guest Guest

hey, thanks adam, but how can i view the am2 page in english? for free, that is...
    anybody know?
    thanks
    phil from england

18. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi, adam i only wanted to compliment you for your akira-Skills(I have seen some movies.As a virtuafighterveteran i play every character very often(favorites:JACKY,lau,Shun,Lion,kage,Common everybody is cool to play).The only exeption is akira (I still need a lot of training to master his Killer moves).I only wanted to show my apriciation for someone who masters the heart of Virtua Fighter, Akira Yuki.
    Is that true , did the AM2 weekly site confirm that this new VFX site is THE GAME we waited for almost 5years.....Do you understand the japanese language...

19. Guest

Guest Guest

fffffffffiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnaaaaaallllllyyyyyyy!!!!!
    After so mannnnnnnnnnny yeeeeearrrrrssss ........it's comming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Please YYUUUUU don't make us suffer show us quickly the true goods of fighting...............
    sniff were are the pictures....................