1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

vfX

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Guest, Dec 10, 2000.

1. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

Re: grapple system

I agree that the throw system needs a bit of upgrading. Side throws, IMO, should do a whack of damage - the reward for dodging properly. Similarly, throw escapes could become multiple into damaging attacks or advantage given that you've just guessed right. Rewards for being strategic and smart.

cheers,

<font color=white> Llanfair the prized <font color=green>cabbage</font color=green></font color=white>

2. nascarbryant

nascarbryant Well-Known Member

Re: which new styles?

After the chinese Background in VF2, and the Japanese Background in VF3, it's time to look beyond those two countries,.......I also would like to see a black person or an indian...(is there an Eskimo Fighting style...hehehehe..)............what about Kalahari(India)......they say that all chinese fighting styles originated from India..................a traditional fighting style like Boxing wouldn't be bad,.......chinese scorpion style,........monkey...hmmmmmm.........still I wonder if there will be more then two characters in VFX....

brumm,brumm,brumm,...........I'm faster then Lightning!!!

3. uk_kid

uk_kid Well-Known Member

Re: which new styles?

the gutsiest move on sega's part would be to include both capoeira AND taekwondo and put namco in its place by giving us these (awesome) fighting styles with properly developed (not scrubby) controls.

4. Mirkan

Mirkan Well-Known Member

Yeah sure! Why not change the name of the game to "Anything but Virtua Fighter"

by adding tag team, endings, and removing Dural... You would remove the "Virtua" from the fighting =)

Virtua Fighter was meant to be hardcore and spank me if I'm wrong.. but.. boring?.. in presentation..

That'll keep the casual gamers away thank god! =)

/Mirkan

"I'm faster than lightning!"

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Well,I'll leave the decisions to Yu Suzuki and AM2 etc.,but a few cool ideas could be:

A slightly deeper OTG (off the ground) engine,sorta like the Capcom VS. games but not nearly as much.

Shenmue characters,yes,this is a must like someone else said.Ryo,Lan Di,and heck...some misc. bad guy or that homeless guy by the shoreline,he's cool.

A water level or another level where if you get rung out while something is floating by,by pressing down + up or something to that extent.Think of it like in pinball where if you lose a ball while something is lit,you get a re-shoot.

Hidden stuff,not costumes.Like secret levels you can get by holding down buttons before a battle,etc.

My bro suggested a costume/color editor for the home version,similiar to Capcom vs. SNK's.

A move editor also my bro suggested,however I'm not sure how well this would be.Also a stage editor(Home version again)

Hidden stages/costumes and other stuff from the older Virtua Fighters.Maybe a hidden mini-game like the SF series has where you break barrels,a car etc. ,well maybe one with Chibi Virtua Fighter characters (similiar to Virtua Fighter Kids)

Some new characters I suppose.Some characters that are very different from the existing ones.But also some "mirror" or "rival" characters similiar to Ryu and Ken.Not so sure if this is good either.

Now this is probably the most contraversial suggestion:

POSSIBLY,and I do mean POSSIBLY,a super meter type thing,where when you are about to die,you can use a speed up/combo up type move that lasts for like 5 seconds.This is probably the worst of my suggestions,just doesn't feel VF.It's just there's really never been a Capcom VS. combo crazy 3-D fighter yet,definately in a different game other than VF though.

Music select?

Maybe EX versions of the characters,that have different/inverted moves and move motions.Eh,doesn't sound very good either.

I guess that's about it for now.However,if anyone who works on the game reads this post,DON'T LISTEN TO ME,do whatever you want,seriously!LoL.

[​IMG]

"Ay...Jubei...Ka-me-ha-me-ha!!!!!"

-GohanFan-

6. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

An OTG similar to Cap vs Marvel???
    No way!

Shemue Characters??
    I hope Ryo n Rantei can make the final cut!

RO means RO...second chances comes from stopping the opponent from ROing u!

We've got the secret levels already..OK..not so sceret....changes in background...but, I understand ur suggestion...it's a good idea

Color edit?
    Nah...We'll be spending too much learning the game to be bothered with colors!/images/icons/smile.gif

Rival characters are in the game...if u're talking abt similarity...the bryants....
    Ryu n Ken might be similar...but they are USED differently....same as the bryants.

N NO!!! NO SUPERS METERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a good new yr!

<font color=red>SummErs' 'Faster Than Lighting! '

7. uk_kid

uk_kid Well-Known Member

as this is the latest 'vf-x' thread i thought i'd use this instead of create a new thread to say that the VF-X logo page has now slightly changed (wow). the still pictures have been replaced by a quick animation, showing the same logos :(
    sorry if this is old news (i haven't checked there for quite some time).
    BTW, today is my first day as a netscape 6 user (as opposed to IE5) so could this title page difference simply be because of my browser change?
    one of these days sega will actually announce something big about vf-x (er, like ANYTHING whatsoever to do with the game) and this kind of boring post won't be my only 'news' to share :(

8. nascarbryant

nascarbryant Well-Known Member

Why do you think that sega will anounce something big,.............because of the special FV2-Demo.......or did you here something else......

brumm,brumm,brumm,.......me to faster then lightning.....

9. uk_kid

uk_kid Well-Known Member

i haven't heard anything about VF-X. i just meant 'big' as in how any official VF-X news will be big (i.e. of interest to fans of the series, like me).