1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Video editing question -

Discussion in 'General' started by CreeD, Jul 13, 2003.

1. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Video editing question -

I've got some dvd rips I want to deinterlace, and I'm desperate. I've tried methods posted by people who sound like they know what they're talking about, and they barely help (if at all). The subject matter is VF stuff, direct feed. The scenes look great when everything's still (start of the round, char select screen) but as soon as there's movement it's hella blurry.

Does anyone know ...

1. If this must be fixed by post processing, or if the method you use to rip matters at all?

2. If my ripping method doesn't especially matter, is there a good program or plugin or method that allows me to fix this via post-processing?

TIA for any tips.

2. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

Re: Video editing question -

I've not captured jack-shit or ripped in a LOOONG time, and trying to yesterday resulted in my comp getting fucked (long story - must upgrade).

*ANYWAYS* your ripping software *SHOULD* have a de-interlacing check-box. This might depend on the codec though. I know DiVX (what I use) has de-interlacing settings within the codec.

Failing that, try Virtual Dub - I believe it has a deinterlace filter that works miracles. It's a free app as well, and damn good.

3. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

I am also going to theorize that de interlacing should be done when you are RIPPING the video, it shouldn't be something done afterwards. What are you using to rip the dvd? Why not try dvd2svcd?

/versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

4. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

the virtualdub filter didn't cut it, nor did 3rd part filters, but if there's hope for fixing it DURING the rip, that's great.

My next attempt will probably involve going directly to avi using gordian knot, but if you have a good url for a tutorial using dvd2svcd, pass it on.
    I want to end up with internet-distributable movies, not something to burn and play at home.

5. replicant

replicant Well-Known Member

I'm pretty clueless on this stuff, but I have found much help from what little I have done from Doom 9 . It has a pretty good amount of information, downloads, and usefullness. You probably already have the link, but hope it helps if you don't. If you e-mail me with the specific information about what you are trying to acheive I can forward it to a friend of mine who is a film/media student and is an ultra geek in this stuff and try and get your problem resolved.

6. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

like I said, it's been while. Try CLadDVD... that's what I used to rip that tournament ages ago, and it was de-interlaced when I was done, so it's in there.

As before... should be a check-box only to turn deinterlacing on.

7. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

There is a very good tutorial on vcdhelp for dvd2svcd. If you need any of those software required to use dvd2svcd to its fullest, give me a holler on irc.

/versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

8. Ragnafrak

Ragnafrak Well-Known Member

1. dvd decrypter
    2. dvd2avi
    3. gordian knot
    4. audio processing