1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Videogame Music

Discussion in 'General' started by Vicks Biru, Dec 15, 2001.

1. Vicks Biru

Vicks Biru Well-Known Member

What kind of background tunes do you enjoy listening most to?

Generic Rock / Heavy Metal / Guitar
    )) Eg. Most of Dead or Alive's tunes

Cheesy Japanese Tunes
    )) Eg. Most of VF3's tunes

Snazzed up Traditional / Classical / New Age
    )) Eg. Helena's DOA2 tune, Aoi's VF3 bg

Pure Culture
    )) Eg. Shun's VF2

Harmonically Correct Midi Sounds
    )) Eg. VF1's tunes

Incessant Drum Beats
    )) Eg. Jeff's VF3

Vocal (of any kind)
    )) Eg. Zack's DOA2

Perhaps others? Anyone care to share your views on how videogame music influences your play? Does thumping music charge you up? Does draggy music slow you down?

2. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Hey man, were you at Bugis yesterday (Saturday)? Not sure whether you're someone I know by face but not by name...?

3. Mr. Callahan

Mr. Callahan Member

Not sure what genre I'd put 'em into, but I enjoyed the old Psygnosis tunes more than anything. Blood Money, Shadow of the Beast, Lemmings, etc. I think the Amiga was the the best platform for memorable game music overall. I usually turn the music off in fighting games. It seems to help me concentrate better. Same with FPS's. Sometimes I do put in some AC\DC during Quake, and once I tried Enya during a massive deathmatch; that was WIERD.
    Notable music:
    Descent II soundtrack (hard rock) <-- Try this with Quake, beats the original soundtrack
    Quake soundtrack (hard rock)
    Red Alert 1 and 2 soundtracks, esp. Hell March (rock)
    Doom E1M2 (midi)
    Old Psygnosis games (mostly David Whittaker format I believe)
    Lotus 1 or 2 Amiga (can't remember which game had better music, or what format)

-Almost forgot Turrican 1 & 2!

4. Yamcha

Yamcha Well-Known Member

Anything good (whatever style) is fine by me. Oftentimes I'll pick a stage in a fighting game based on how much I like the music.