1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Videos of high level VF2/VF3 playing?

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Guest, Jul 15, 2001.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Where on the net can I find some movies of high level VF playing, preferably Japanese/Korean/Taiwanese stuff? Thanx.

2. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

nowhere. there's absolutely nothing on the web, currently.

howeevvvverrr...i'll plug my vf archive. there's about a gigabyte of movies, and there's plenty of high level vf1/2/3 play, although most of it's from north america.

order at <A target="_blank" HREF=http://vfzone.com>http://vfzone.com</A>

3. Guest

Guest Guest

That's odd. I can find movies of high level Tekken just about everywhere. Even the international stuff. Considering that most non-VF players see the VF series as lacking depth for some reason, it would be a good idea I think to get some videos up of what makes this game interesting. Kris Amico's site is the only one that I've found that really illustrates the depth of VF gameplay. Anyway...

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Found some...

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.hardcoregaming.com/vf3/movies.htm>http://www.hardcoregaming.com/vf3/movies.htm</A>

5. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

There are quite a few VF3 versus matches on VFDC, but as you can see, the site is going through a major reconstruction.

6. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

I put various stuff up on the web every once in awhile. Nothing new, but I think you'll enjoy these clips. Almost all of the clips I put in here is also available on the VF Archive CD. I recommend everyone to get a copy of these. Nobody profits from these, but it makes the efforts of Rich and other contributors much more worth it if people benefit or even freely pass along copies of this archive. There are A LOT of clips in there and a lot of good content within them. Not to mention that you essentially get the soundtracks to the games (as well as vocal tracks too), and TONS of text. Get it at <A target="_blank" HREF=http://vfzone.com>VF Zone</A>. It's dirt cheap (price only covers costs as far as I know).

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.engr.orst.edu/~saenguni/vf/clips/>Chanchai's Random VF Clip Directory</A>

As for what's on there at the moment (and could be taken down at any random time):

Rich the Movie
    From a Vancouver Tournament Finals (Vancouver, BC; December 7th, 1997)
    Captured by Godeater (the distortion is from the source tape--it's not a result of capturing).
    Music is "History Repeating" by The Propellorheads, vocals by Shirley Bassey.

I really like this clip, highly recommend it. As far as I can tell, Rich's style is very traditional, very solid, straightforward. Very effective. Not to mention that he scares the crap out of me whenever we've played (getting rushed down by what seems to be ESP is not pretty on the receiving end/versus/images/icons/smile.gif). On a side note, I don't know anything about Chris (is the nickname Aoki?), interested to learn though.

Gorilla vs. Skeleton
    From the First Beat Tribe Tournament (Japan; January 16th, 2000)
    Captured by STA783
    Audio is straight from the tournament (the clip is from the Beat Tribe Cup tape)

Another clip I really enjoy watching as well. My understanding is that Skeleton is a monster in the VF3tb Japan scene. Watching his matches and this clip, I have no doubts. Anyways, I'll put down what sta783 wrote as a comment for this clip, since he says it best anyways:
    Originally posted by sta783:
    Gorilla-Kagesuke (Wolf) vs. Skeleton (Kage)
    I'm a big fan of Skeleton's Kage, the way he cheaps out the others.
    I stand by that Kage is an ultimate "Wolf killer". Kage needs no TFT. Just throw out P, low-P and elbow to bait Wolf's attacks.
    - Good defensive option after blocked elbow (Kage)
    - P, P, f+P, b+P (Wolf); guessing game between the low-throw. Do something to interrupt the low-throw, get caught by b+P (obviously not low-P though)
    ...of course, a series of side-rolls and continuous b,d/b,b,d/b....for taunting.

Java (rounds 1-3)
    From the Java Tea Tournament Quarter Finals (Japan, Somebody tell me the date?)
    Captured by HGamer (this clip still exists at www.hardcoregaming.com/vf3 -- I couldn't load the site when I uploaded this movie)

This clip features Chibita (I have no idea who the opponent is). When I first saw this clip, I didn't think much of it. However... maybe because I play Lion more, maybe because I feel I have a better grasp of what's going on.... I really enjoy watching these brief rounds now. As far as this match goes, Chibita's handling of the situation and yomi is practically spot on and he rings the Wolf player out with the quickness and properly. Wish I had that many elbow staggers in my matches (though I admit I hardly work on an elbow stagger game with my Lion)/versus/images/icons/tongue.gif

Akira vs. Pai (Adam Yuki vs. CrewNYC)
    I believe this is an exhibition match between Adam and Andy who are both from New York. This clip came out a year ago I believe (maybe before that).
    Captured by CrewNYC
    Music is J-Pop, someone wanna tell me the artist and song?

A three round streak for both players displayed here. It's Akira vs. Pai, you can expect a lot of action. Furthermore, it's Adam Yuki vs. CrewNYC, so you're gonna see a fully loaded Akira (that makes Akira look so easy to use) going head on and toe-to-toe against one crazy as heck, berzerker of a Pai. It's a fun fight that is loaded with action in the dojo. Not to mention you get to see one of the most goofy/scary/interesting (depending on who you are, take your pick) intros known to captured VF. Enjoy!

Anyways, hope whoever hasn't seen these clips before can appreciate them. Forgot to mention, these are all VF3 clips (Rich clip is OB I believe, Java Tea I am not sure--guessing OB, Gorilla vs. Skeleton is arcade TB, Andy vs. Adam is DC TB). Again, enjoy!

-Chanchai