1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virginia/Maryland/DC NEW THREAD!!!

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by Chief_Flash, Apr 26, 2007.

1. shadowmaster

shadowmaster Well-Known Member

PSN:
    animelord79
    XBL:
    shadoolord1979
    How many people regularly go to Xanadu that play VF because I am so desperate for offline VF I might go there soon to see how good the people are there. I may not have a car but I might consider taking a train or bus up there or something.

Anyway when and where is Magfest taking place it sounds interesting if it is close enough to my place in VA.

2. daRockReaper

daRockReaper Shadow Hammer MADNESS Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    daRockReaper
    XBL:
    daRockReaper612
    Magfest is this weekend at the National Harbor (http://magfest.org/) You should be able to make it there via Metro though Branch Avenue.

I kinda feel the same way about making it up to Xanadu. I looked it up before but seems like I couldn't find a way back after too long towards Baltimore

3. Blackula

Blackula Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Blackula1981
    XBL:
    BlackulaReturns
    Oh damn, 2 months without a post. PHOENIX DOWN!!!

4. shadowmaster

PSN:
    animelord79
    XBL:
    shadoolord1979
    The only other player that still plays now aside from me in VA in the DC area aside from me is Truewiseman I saw you and him at Winterbrawl and basically we are about it in the area. Supposedly there are other online warriors that play VF on XBL that I play with every so often but they live in VA Beach/ Norfolk area. I don't know if they ever played in any offline events recently.

5. Blackula

Blackula Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Blackula1981
    XBL:
    BlackulaReturns

If they are down here, I never see them.

6. daRockReaper

PSN:
    daRockReaper
    XBL:
    daRockReaper612
    I honestly I would love to find somewhere to play regularly but just too broke I would love if we could get a ranbat going close to DC

7. daRockReaper

PSN:
    daRockReaper
    XBL:
    daRockReaper612
    I finally got somewhat serious about looking for a spot for a ranbat. I think I might have found it. Its called The Trenches in Rockville I'm gonna try to check it out next week. That might be a bit out of the way but its at least metro accessible. The address is 14704 Southlawn Ln, Rockville, MD 20850 if you want to check it out yourselves. If any of you guys are interested, let me know.

8. Chibiaya

Chibiaya Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Bus Orez
    nice idea but it wont work sadly. just not enough interest in vf for it to work. especially in that area

9. daRockReaper

PSN:
    daRockReaper
    XBL:
    daRockReaper612
    Maybe not just VF exclusively but add Tekken too we might be able to get something going

10. shadowmaster

PSN:
    animelord79
    XBL:
    shadoolord1979
    There is finally potentially good happening in the VA area by my house. There is a small group of guys that play the typical fighters of the day played by most people today (Marvel, Injustice, SF4 etc). They play in a comic shop I didn't know existed until very recently and a potential VF could be established within a short distance to my house. I have been going there recently to fool around with other games I played injustice for the first there and I might get it if I had these guys to play it with but that is another matter. As far starting a new VF scene in this area would it be better to build their trust first before I ask them about playing VF or should I just ask them right away. I am don't want to blow this chance to have a decent VF scene in the area or insult the people involved since I have known some of them for a while and I am just now seeing them showing up there. Any help would be appreciated here to handle this situation so I don't ruin this one shot I have.

11. daRockReaper

PSN:
    daRockReaper
    XBL:
    daRockReaper612
    I say go for it I work pretty often over in Tyson's corner so I should be able to make it some time Just drop an address And expect the hundred next week maybe Some stuff came up

12. Faust

Faust Member

Hey guys I wanted to get back into the game. how many players are here in VA

13. shadowmaster

PSN:
    animelord79
    XBL:
    shadoolord1979
    Where in VA do you live at. I live in Woodbridge personally

14. Nephinel

Nephinel Member

XBL:
    Nephinel
    Hello DMV thread!

Next monthly at Xanadu is on the 28th! Who's coming up for some VF5FS?

15. shadowmaster

PSN:
    animelord79
    XBL:
    shadoolord1979
    I might just go to it finally now that I looked at a few things related to traveling there. I am not 100% that I will go but I will finally give it a decent shot. I have been so curious about going there that I gave in and just told myself to go finally. I might go there more often if I like what I see there as well. How many good players go there in general?

16. Nephinel

Nephinel Member

XBL:
    Nephinel
    I don't really know anyone there who plays VF actually. That's why I'm asking here. I've just started playing. Maybe I can have a Xbox 360 setup there for some VF5FS? I'm usually there bright and early. :)

17. daRockReaper

PSN:
    daRockReaper
    XBL:
    daRockReaper612
    PoisonKid13 likes this.
  18. shadowmaster

PSN:
    animelord79
    XBL:
    shadoolord1979
    I am taking part in this for sure and I can use the metro to get to and from too making it that much sweeter. Perhaps I can finally see the local VFer in the area finally. I skipped out of Zanadu at the last minute for personal issues but this will be worth it for sure. I really hope this happens early on that thursday and friday because those are my days off normally. If it happens past that then I would have to leave early to get back to work but either way I should be able take part in some offline VF there.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2013
    PoisonKid13 likes this.
  19. PoisonKid13

PoisonKid13 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    AngerTheMasses
    I live literally 10 minutes away from the harbor. Imma be in there with you ROCK! If school is out that Thursday and Friday, most definitely. If its not, then I'll go Friday at 3, that's when Friendly closes. Going that Saturday and Sunday no doubt.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2013
  20. daRockReaper

PSN:
    daRockReaper
    XBL:
    daRockReaper612
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2014
    PoisonKid13 and Dhezz like this.