1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter 10th Anniversary Disc in UK?

Discussion in 'Console' started by YuuKun, Jun 25, 2003.

1. YuuKun

YuuKun Well-Known Member

does the VF4evo PAL version includes 'Virtua Fighter 10th Anniversary Edition' CD?

i guess not, got the game last night, didn't get this bonus disc. plus i asked my local game store about the 'Virtua Fighter 10th Anniversary' disc, and he didn't know anything about it or it's existent, plus we PAL gamers paid the full price but didn't get it. damn....i wonder if US gamers will, $20 for VF4evo with Anniversary disc? i'll be sick thinking i'm living in UK (EU).

although i did write to Sega Europe about this:
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    -----Original Message-----
    Sent: Tuesday, June 24, 2003 2:53 PM
    To: info@segahelp.com
    Subject: VF4evo enquiry.

Dear Sega,

Recently I brought 'Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution' (PAL) in UK, and I'd notice I didn't get the 'Virtua Fighter 10th Anniversary'bonus disc. I am a huge fan of the series, and after I've read from various articles on the net about this bonus disc (suppose to come along with the game), I ordered my copy of VF4-Evo. When I received my copy of VF4-Evo I realised the bonus disc is not included, and many other stores in UK also didn't include this collector's item. I soon realised this disc is not for sale (or available in UK), although I did search for this bonus disc, the ONLY place I found was on a French online game store called ScoreGames, which they did include this 10th Anniversary disc when you buy VF4-Evo. I was very disappointed since we, EU buyers have to pay the full price of £39.99, and yet we might have to pay extras for the 10th Anniversary disc if it ever goes on sale in UK. Where as various websites mention US will get VF4-Evo for a mere $20 (Greatest Hits disc), with the bonus disc? Maybe.

Is this right? Sorry, I am very disappointed since we always get the short end of the stick.

Kindest Regards,
    -tony M

Mob: *****

Rotoscope Artist
    London

On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 09:45:59 +0100
    Info@Segahelp.com wrote:

Dear Tony,

Thanks for your e-mail.

Unfortunately this Anniversary bonus disc will only be released in the US. It could be that this French online shop got some copies exported from the US. If you get one be aware because it's a disc for a NTSC system you could have problems running the disc on your PAL console.

Kind regards

Thomas Taudien
    SEGA Customer Service
    info@segahelp.com <mailto:info@segahelp.com>
    Internet help line 09066 544 544 (premium rate)
    All other enquiries 08456 090 090 (local call rate)
    http://www.sega-europe.com

only in the US?
    i'm so mad i gonna blow up! lol.

p.s. credit to 'Okiron' for his post: http://virtuafighter.com/versuscity/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=console&Number=73859&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=7

2. YuuKun

YuuKun Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Sega Europe said:It could be that this French online shop got some copies exported from the US.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm not sure about this, cos i've read it's actually for PAL machines.
    i also emailed them (again) if this 10th Anniversary disc be included with the US Virtua Fighter Evo game, or will it be sold separately.

3. Chill

Chill +40 DP Content Manager Shun Gold Supporter

PSN:
    Chill58
    XBL:
    Chill PKG
    [​IMG]
    (Stole image from PAL Evo release date 20th June (in UK) thread)

Although it's a bit out of focus look at it carefully. In the top right corner, under the Playstation logo is written PAL (I'm really only guessing this because of the quality of the picture but it looks too small to read 'NTSC'), and under the 10th anniversary logo is "Limited Edition Not for Resale". Sega must have gotten this slightly wrong if there is a PAL version, so getting a copy of the CD might not be too difficult. As it says it's not for resale but there may be some retailers willing to sell it seperately/bundle it with Evo.

4. YuuKun

YuuKun Well-Known Member

5. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

Yup yup, its definitly PAL.
    Its a fun diversion.

6. MAXIMUM

MAXIMUM Well-Known Member

It must be PAL because there's a screen-shot from it in a preivous thread that show the 50/60Hz selector, surely only applicable to PAL machines....

7. EmpNovA

EmpNovA Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    MAXIMUM said:

It must be PAL because there's a screen-shot from it in a preivous thread that show the 50/60Hz selector, surely only applicable to PAL machines....

[/ QUOTE ]

There is are two versions:

-the PAL version which has (VERY) limited copies circulating in Euopre (legally though?).

-and the beta NTSC version that was showed off at Kakuto Sineki II, I know it was NTSC because it was used on an NTCS compatable Sony monitor and Sony projector.

Sega's response is truly peculiar.

8. RandomHajile

RandomHajile Well-Known Member

damn, whats n this disc? how do i get it an how come my jap vf evo didnt hav it, just some sticker of that gold logo!

9. Rugal

Rugal Well-Known Member

It's PAL.
    The game has all the moves of EVO with the VF1 characters, backrgounds and music. Awesome stuff, but it doesn't come with the game.
    BTW, does anyone know how to enable 480P progressive scan in the PAL version of EVO?

10. RandomHajile

RandomHajile Well-Known Member

dont think it has prog scan in pall

11. EmpNovA

[ QUOTE ]
    Rugal said:

It's PAL.
    The game has all the moves of EVO with the VF1 characters, backrgounds and music. Awesome stuff, but it doesn't come with the game.
    BTW, does anyone know how to enable 480P progressive scan in the PAL version of EVO?

[/ QUOTE ]

Where did you hear that it had 480 progressive scan though?

12. EmpNovA

Fishie do you.....

[ QUOTE ]
    Fishie said:

Yup yup, its definitly PAL.
    Its a fun diversion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fishie do you have it, your post sounds like you own it?

If you do have it, where did you get it?

13. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

Re: Fishie do you.....

Freebies from industry contacts often flow aplenty.

14. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

Fishie is a notorious pirate. He's crazy with the warez.

I'll be capping a few of the matches we had on the anniversary edition today. It is fun although I found the timing odd. Crazy combos and lawd help you against a character with good pick up options. ouch.

GE

15. Rugal

Rugal Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    EmpNovA said:
    Where did you hear that it had 480 progressive scan though?

[/ QUOTE ]
    Its in sega's spec docos for the game.
    I can't get it to work using the usual button presses upon boot.
    Need to get proscan working...

16. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

Yeah right
    I dont even have a burner

17. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

So there's no way to get it in the UK? Not even via an importer? I'd gladly fork over some money for this version...

18. EmpNovA

[ QUOTE ]
    Adio said:

So there's no way to get it in the UK? Not even via an importer? I'd gladly fork over some money for this version...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll second that, does anyone have an online shop that retails this for purchase, I have not seen one shop carry it, the only way so far to get it is either inside connections getting it for you, or obtaining it from an auction service like Ebay, Sega hasm't done a good job with this disc imo.

19. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

Heh

Thats becouse it isnt meant for general sale.

20. EmpNovA

Re: Heh

Yeah but don't you think it should be though, tons of people are trying to buy it?

And why did Sega (still unconfirmed as of yet right?) put the 10th anniversary on the American version of Evolution?