1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter 3 Beta Location Test VHS

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Thesch28, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Thesch28

Thesch28 Well-Known Member

Yesterday Youtube user: "InokiKuro" uploaded the Virtua Fighter 3 Beta Location Test VHS to his youtube channel:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Here's the video:

There are big number of differences between this and the final game, i though this would be a good place to discuss the differences.
    By the way make sure subscribe to InokiKuro on youtube, He also uploaded the full "Virtua Fighter 3: The Maximum Battle VHS" to his channel.

charleypk222, nou, Mister and 5 others like this.
  2. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

13:10 For an old game, the sand particles being raised by Lion and Jeffrey, in that small, fidget spinner tropical island beach stage, looks really good. Nice find sch28.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2020
    Thesch28 likes this.
  3. Thesch28

Thesch28 Well-Known Member

yee the arcade version is beautiful, by the way did you see throw Lion does at 13:03 he doesn't have that in the final game, that looks very similar to the "Shadow Step" from Shenmue I and II

beanboy likes this.
  4. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

Wow!:holla:

Tumbling Dice likes this.
  5. lordraptor

lordraptor Member

Very cool find indeed, there are a bunch of fascinating, subtle differences we can tell right away, like stage textures, particularly in Sarah and Lion's stage, or unused voice effects for Wolf, Pai, Akira and Lau or Kage's entirely unused voice,

also, I wonder why Lion had both a side step throw and his classic, Surprise Exchange, I thought for sure that when I originally saw his unused throw on Youtube, it was the beta version of Surprise Exchange.

6. Tumbling Dice

Tumbling Dice Well-Known Member

This is so great, thank you so much for posting it!

I wonder if Akira's Shun's, and Taka's stages were present in this build at all? Looks like the cave stage was originally walled-in at first, with ring-outs prevented by the bars that later got moved to the walls. Speaking of walls, I kind of like the look of the cave as well as Aoi's stage better here than in the final release. Interesting to note that Sarah has the black pants/black shirt combo in some clips and the teal blue jeans in others -- that must have been her 2P costume in this build. Same for Jacky it seems -- interesting to note his slightly different color scheme like at 15:19 in the video -- I can't quite make out what's above the usual fire logo on the back there. Might have been hard to tell those two costumes apart in a mirror match.

I'm a huge fan of VF3, and it's really great to see this part of its development, both as a game and as a community!

Last edited: Apr 27, 2020
    Thesch28, beanboy and lordraptor like this.
  7. lordraptor

lordraptor Member

Yeah! now that you've mentioned it, I do see what you're saying, just like Sarah, it seems that Jacky also lacked a secondary costume and instead just had a different paletted set of pants (which just looks like his jeans from his final secondary costume), the upper part of both Jacky and Sarah's secondary costumes seem identical to their primary.