1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter 4.1

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Guest, Aug 20, 2001.

1. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

I think a lot of the "very different" color schemes are options opened up through VF.Net. I could be wrong of course. But there seems to be a lot of bells and whistles in the form of VF.Net gimmicks in VF4.

As far as Vanessa, I guess the best description to her style is "modern." Based on a lot of eclectic "this and that." Another description that I think works well is Military/Muay Thai. I think she has a stance for Muay Thai, but by default she plays a more direct and "military" to the point style. Something like that anyways.

-Chanchai

2. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

Cheers Chanchai. If you're right about the VFnet options then I at least hope these extras find there way to the home conversion. As for Vanessa, I guess then it could be classed as "Combat Karate" like Guile and Charlie in SF as it's a mish mash of various styles. Jacky still looks better in all black IMO.

Adio.

3. gribbly

gribbly Well-Known Member

>VF1 polygon characters will appear

What if you're playing Vanessa or Lei? Or, for that matter, Shun or Lion? or Aoi?

grib.

4. Tot

Tot Active Member

I confirmed that uf+K+G, d+P, uf+K+G still connects. Good..

5. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Is the recovery for uf+K+G slower if blocked, though?

Also, I found out that Lau's df,df+P+G and b,f+P+G throws do less damage in ver.B. And that it takes longer to recover from elbow-palm. Bleh.

6. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

More ver.B changes can be found at <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www1.odn.ne.jp/~cas52160/vf4/html/verb.htm>http://www1.odn.ne.jp/~cas52160/vf4/html/verb.htm</A>

Of note:

Akira
    - New move is QCB+P
    - SDE knocks down as normal hit

Jeffrey
    - XPD damage decreased
    - b,f,f+P+K baseball bat swing (guard breaker) damage decreased (thank goodness, I've seen this take off 65% health)

Kage
    - b,f+K and f,b+K are now guard breakers
    - db+K is nerfed

Lion
    - f,f+P+K,P,P is now b,f+P+K,P,P
    - db+P+K does not knock down (ahem Jason? no more annoying okizeme tricks with this move /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif)

Wolf
    - df,df+P+K+G low throw damage decreased

More tweaks available by clicking the URL, I just thought these were the highlights that weren't mentioned in my previous post...