1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter 4.5 (Dream Edition)

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Adio, Sep 9, 2001.

1. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

What would you think up if you had the chance to influence your favourite character? I'm sure we've all thought of moves we'd like to add or tweek in a sequel. Just as a piece of trivia lets list 5 points (In keeping with the theme of the game) that we'd like to add to our chosen fighter.

2. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

Okay. i'll start.

Sarah Bryant.

1. Bring back her Elbow-Overhead Edge Kick combo from VF3.
    f+P, b+K+G: MM (Note: new execution).

2. Shin Slicer to Dragon Cannon.
    d+K+G, db+K: LM

3. Low Kick to Side Hook Kick into Flamingo.
    D+K, db+K+G: LM FL Stance.

4. Elbow to Dashing Uppercut (Like Jacky's new move: FC, df+P)
    f+P, db+P: MM

5. Back Kick.
    FC, b, f+K+G: M Charge.

Adio.

3. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

What the hell.

Pai:

Make her high kick uncounterable.

Give her a canned sidekick combo. Maybe like Lau's sidekick-P-palm.
    The idea is to make people hesitate to try anything after her sidekick is blocked, but she has to commit to the canned combo a la lau's sidekick-P combo. You can't make the combo delayable or it'd be a bit cheap.

Give her a big gun throw that either guarantees a combo followup (her ST and d/f+PG aren't good enough for me) or guarantees a pounce for good damage.
    Her FC throw is only halfway decent. It gets you a ground punch but you have to be crouched, which isn't as ideal as a normal from-standing throw.

Make her low kick and the canned low kick combos useful. The idea that she can be thrown even if it MC's is... dumb. It's like the shin slicer in VF2 except that move at least knocked down on MC to make it halfway useful. This is like a shin slicer with slower recovery, less range, less damage, and no knockdown. One way to make it useful is to guarantee the canned followup heelkick if the low kick MC's and to make that heelkick hit mid (and make it uncounterable). That way the low kick can still be a piece of crap, but at least the opponent might think twice about reaming pai afterwards.

I've always wanted an elbow for pai but I know it'll never happen. Still, wolf got an elbow where he didn't have one before. Maybe pai can get some kind of equivalent. I don't like having to stick out a sidekick for a stagger. Since so many moves cause a canned stagger animation in VF4, I'd like her to have a move that has limited range, low priority, but it hits mid and staggers if it connects. Give it decent recovery since the stagger is worthless if you can't follow it up.

/versus/images/icons/mad.gif<font color=red>~~~ Don't make me rape you with a sharp stick ~~~/versus/images/icons/mad.gif<font color=red>

4. Drunken_Master

Drunken_Master Well-Known Member

Shun Di gets 5 drink points for a throw again not 4 gets loads of werid new moves to make him even more confusing.

'Hah whats next attack of the drunken cats' Wong Fei Hong from Drunken Master