1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter 4 Evo or Soul Calibur 2

Discussion in 'Console' started by playa, Aug 31, 2003.

1. playa

playa Member

Which game does everyone prefer. Sould Calibur 2 or Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution. I will have to go with Virtua Fighter 4SHO.

2. Shirtless

Shirtless Member

Now that's a really clever question to ask on a VF dedicated forum, and why two posts?

3. Lingoon

Lingoon Well-Known Member

Don't know since I haven't played SC2 yet, but I can't imagine it beating Evo... /versus/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Once more, stupid question to make on these boards.

4. Tsobanian

Tsobanian Well-Known Member

Soul Calibur 2 is sweet and beautiful! /versus/images/graemlins/cool.gif /versus/images/graemlins/cool.gif /versus/images/graemlins/cool.gif /versus/images/graemlins/cool.gif

5. playa

playa Member

The reason i asked is because i know people here like sould calibur 2 better then this. y i dont know. thye should go to another board.

6. Kimble

Kimble Well-Known Member

I think Soul Calibur 2 has nice graphics but the gameplay is pretty bad.

7. sanjuroAKIRA

sanjuroAKIRA Well-Known Member

Karate Champ or Ye Are Kung Fu

Karate Champ

8. Dark_Bandana

Dark_Bandana Well-Known Member

I liked SC2 better because it was longer has more extras and you can play with link(GC)but VF is more to the people who have time or are really into fighting games(me)

9. KoD

KoD Well-Known Member

PSN:
    codiak
    Where in the hell do people get this idea that SCII (weapons master mode that can be completed in a few days) has more extras than Evo (if you unlock everything in less than a year, you have too much free time)?

Oh, and Budokan for the genesis ownz them both /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

10. TruEviL

TruEviL Member

I never saw SC2 but people here say that it is a wonderful fighting game. I played on so many fighting games and the most exciting fighting game I've ever played is VF, since my first experience with VF2 on my MegaDrive. /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

11. Dark_Bandana

Nah I finished VF EVO in 3 Days with my main Character(not 100% tough)i got 40 of his items.If youre going to play Evo with all the characters then is much longer.I really think the Items should been for something other than looks cause you gotta admit spending all that time to get enough money to buy a sword that you cant even use is a litle pointless.Im not saying that EVO isnt a great game(if it wasnt I woulnt buy it in the first place so dont flame ) I just think that beating Quest mode with all the Characters is pointless cause they dont even have an ending.

12. Event_Horizon

Event_Horizon Well-Known Member

I have no interest in gathering items because you can't bring them over to use against your friends. Spending a lot of time to get a sword is important, if it makes your character cooler than your friends' customized character. Then it brings a challenge outside of playing each other, by going home and trying to get your character cooler looking and higher rank than your friends. But playing dress up alone isn't that cool.

The whole memory card thing put me off. I loved having the link between single and multiplayer in VF4. Also settings and stats were incredible too, VF4 spoiled me /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif Well at least its still better than SC2.

13. Dark_Bandana

[ QUOTE ]
    VF4 spoiled me Well at least its still better than SC2.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know thats probably the reason im not that much into EVO(probably 100%) about Items is true but not many of my friends like the VF series and the ones that do dont know shit about playing /versus/images/graemlins/confused.gifatleast the nearest mall here has some stupidconsole place where you can play the game and get a good challenge /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif Good thing i know the manager and i dont have to pay the full price$ /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Ohh...and SSBM beats em both put togheter /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

14. SiliconHero

SiliconHero Member

I think that if you want both games, then you ought to get both of them. In my opinion, Evo is "deeper" gameplay-wise, but SCII is still fun. I've split equal time between both of 'em.

15. tzgorr1

tzgorr1 Well-Known Member

How is the difficulty of the SCII AI though?
    I've heard that it's a little too easy and not much has improved since SCI. LIke you can still totally abuse certain moves/combos that the ai cant deal with.
    Is that true?
    Coz in EVO you cant do that anymore. At least not in the 5th and 6th arcades. I'm getting totally raped in the 6th arcade..bah! :p

16. Catch22

Catch22 Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Dark_Bandana said:

Nah I finished VF EVO in 3 Days with my main Character(not 100% tough)i got 40 of his items.If youre going to play Evo with all the characters then is much longer.I really think the Items should been for something other than looks cause you gotta admit spending all that time to get enough money to buy a sword that you cant even use is a litle pointless.Im not saying that EVO isnt a great game(if it wasnt I woulnt buy it in the first place so dont flame ) I just think that beating Quest mode with all the Characters is pointless cause they dont even have an ending.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, honestly, if you're playing fighting games for the sake of "finishing it," you're playing the wrong genre. Fighting games are not made primarily for the 1P experience.

17. Event_Horizon

Event_Horizon Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Catch22 said:
    Dude, honestly, if you're playing fighting games for the sake of "finishing it," you're playing the wrong genre. Fighting games are not made primarily for the 1P experience.

[/ QUOTE ]

Straight up. But VF4 made an awesome link between 1p and 2p. It kept the competition between friends going even when you are not able to play together- and we all know you can't be playing with friends 100% of the time. I know the items and rankings and stats are extras but they really added another level to the play in both single and multiplayer- it really spoiled me. Then to have it in VF4 and then have it taken away in the 'updated' Evo, it doesn't sit well with me

18. Shirtless

Shirtless Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Dark_Bandana said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, the game would last you significantly longer if you don't play it in beginner mode

Playa, I didn't mean to bash you or anything, I love SCII. As a matter of fact that's the game I choose to pop in when I have friends over. Not as much of a learning phase, just straight in your face action (well, more so than EVO anyway). And it's a sweet looker as well.

19. DarkSparda

DarkSparda Well-Known Member

If I want a challenge and a strategy fighter VF4 evo rules all ass, but soul 2 is just so much cooler*nightmare is the biggest ****ing badass of all time*, and lasts longer, so it's a tie.

20. jerichompm

jerichompm Well-Known Member

i swear evo takes much longer to get everything cos u have to master every character as well - /versus/images/graemlins/blush.gif

where in sc2 weapons mode u can just use the same person over & over again /versus/images/graemlins/confused.gif