1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter 4 Evo or Soul Calibur 2

Discussion in 'Console' started by playa, Aug 31, 2003.

1. b4k4

b4k4 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SoundReason
    [ QUOTE ]
    Illu said:

I don't really play SC2, but doesn't Taki have AAA...?

(Who cares... /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif)

[/ QUOTE ]
    Nope. AA. ABK, AAB, AB, AA6B, ABB, AB4B+K... no AAA.

2. Lingoon

Lingoon Well-Known Member

Oh well...

3. Darrius_Cole

Darrius_Cole Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Darrius-Cole
    XBL:
    Darrius Cole HD
    Get Taki, chose the Kris Naga weapon, start an 8-way run around your opponent, and press A, A, A. She will do a move called Dark Chaos, which will inflict a good chunck of damage although it may not be quite 40% it is at least 30% (without soul charge), and it leaves your opponent down.

Crouch, as you are rising from your crouch enter A, A, A. She will do a move called Shadow Claw.

B, B, B is a move. K, K, K, is also a move. But if you really want a good UNCANNED combo, with Taki do this. From a standstill enter the command A, A, B. This will leave your opponent down and you crouching. As you rise from the crouch enter B, B. So, the command looks like this; A, A, B, ,B, B /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif Be sure not to enter any directional commands, you may mess up the combo. /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

AA; AAA; BBB; ABK; KKK; etc., In Virtual Fighter Speak it is all MASHING.

4. Dandy_J

Dandy_J Well-Known Member

you mean like [P][P][P]?

5. Allyourbase

Allyourbase Well-Known Member

Only asstards know the names of the moves. /versus/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

6. b4k4

b4k4 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SoundReason
    [ QUOTE ]
    Allyourbase said:

Only asstards know the names of the moves. /versus/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    Quoted for truth. Only a select few moves are known by name. Ok, first of all... no tournament will ever, ever, ever ever ever be held in Extra mode, so you can't use any of the retarded unlockable weapons. Secondly, 8WR 2_8AAA is a retarded combo, that isn't anywhere close to guaranteed (including on CH), and the last hit can be blocked without any risk, every time. There's no mixup at the end of the series, so if they just do 8WR 2_8AA, and you duck to block the last hit, you can stand with mroe than enough time to block whatever mid they might want to throw out there.

Secondly... just because a string has an input someone can mash out, doesn't mean that character is for mashers. In fact, the best enders to those strings all involve Taki going into PO, where she can force micups, and utilize her very powerful EXC game to keep 110% safe.

Also, that AAB, WS BB combo is BS. The B at the end of AAB is never guaranteed, and if it does hit, then they can tech the second hit of the WS BB. The B finisher is in case they try to attack after you've been poking with just AA.

Don't talk about things you don't understand, seriously. You just end up sounding like a fuck-tard to all the people who do know what's going on.

7. Siyko

Siyko Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    b4k4 said:
    that AAB, WS BB combo is BS.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

8. Darrius_Cole

Darrius_Cole Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Darrius-Cole
    XBL:
    Darrius Cole HD
    [ QUOTE ]
    By b4k4
    You just end up sounding like a fuck-tard to all the people who do know what's going on.

[/ QUOTE ]I could respond with a vulgarity or witicism, but I won't. Such needless flaming is a waste of computer resources and it never solves anything or lends any weight to your argument. In fact, it only makes both participants appear as if their parents taught them no manners. I am sure you think it is dishonorable to curse people when they are miles away and unable to look you in the eye, as do I. So, let's leave the anger and insults out. I take offense to the comment, but the offense is FORGIVEN. It is unwise to get angry and rude over this, and It takes away from the point of the thread, which is VF4:EVO OR SC2

[ QUOTE ]
    By Allyourbase

Only asstards know the names of the moves.

[/ QUOTE ] On a Virtua Fighter site? That is a joke, right? Very well, I was looking at the movelist when I wrote that anyway. I don't track SC2 moves by name, just by string.

@b4k4
    Your are correct about AAB, , BB not being guaranteed. I said "combo" and I should have said "useful series." I also don't profess to know or argue anything about SC2 tournament play. I never said that I did.

I don't know what weapons are available in SC2 tournaments. However, in most people's houses the extra weapons are available, and that is where most people play the game (in the US anyway).

What I am saying is that a person who knows relatively little about the game, can issue amounts of damage if they: block properly, and respond by pressing A or B or K or some random combination of the buttons without knowing which moves they intend to perform. If they have basic knowledge of 3-D fighting games they can regularly defeat people who can dominate the arcade and weapon master modes. (I know because I am one such person.) They may not be able to defeat tournament calibur players (no pun intended), but they can beat the neighbors locals.

9. Dandy_J

Dandy_J Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Mcoleman2 said:
    I take offense to the comment, but the offense is FORGIVEN.

[/ QUOTE ]

OH SNAP IT IS ABOUT TO GET CRAZY UP IN THIS PIECE SON

[ QUOTE ]
    Mcoleman2 said:
    I said "combo" and I should have said "useful series."

[/ QUOTE ]

you should've said "obvious, telegraphed, and punishable series"