1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution Ideas ! put it in here!

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by NeoTokyo, May 21, 2002.

1. NeoTokyo

NeoTokyo Active Member

alright now it seems that Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution seems to be not a rumor but comfirmed by sega themself. why not put some great ideas in here and send it over to sega. I am sure someone here has the contacts for it.

1st : option for online gaming on the console version!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    2nd : new rankings in Kumite mode.
    3th : special belt ( red-white blocked ) this belt should belong to the one who is number 1 on the internet rankings of his country. it would be cool if every country has his own ranking system. USA, Europe and Asia devided in Korea, Japan, etcetra because they have so many fabulous players. ( online play )
    4th : the one who is the number 1 of the world should get a special ranking + a special new suit. ( online play )
    5 th find out who is the number 1 player for every charachter. ( online play )
    so after fighting each other. we can find out who is the number 1 Akira player or who is the number 1 Jacky player etc. ( online play )
    6 th open class . just fight against each other with each character you like and you see how you can climb up the ranks. just like Vf net ( online play )
    7 th watch all rankings of people on internet. I mean what is cooler then check out on sega.net to see on what ranking you are!

so far these are my first 7 feautures that come to my mind, that I would like to see in the new Virtua Fighter. I hope Myke will make a special thread so we can all put our ideas in the next installment of Virtua Fighter 4!

2. 34

34 Well-Known Member

the most latest rumor is that sega add 2 more new characters and the one is "judo" and the other is "black kickboxer"

3. 3of19

3of19 Well-Known Member

For the nth+1st time:
    Online play is NOT possible for a game like VF where 1 single frame makes a difference.
    You would need constant pings of less than 10 to make the game work. This is not possible at the moment.
    I would love to have it as much as you, but it won't work for at least another 10 years (I guess).

4. gaishou

gaishou Well-Known Member

hey if they want to give me a t1 i'll gladly buy a few new systems so i can play online......

5. Robyrt

Robyrt Well-Known Member

Well, VF.NET is certainly possible, so I'd love to see that put in. Of course, if you do that, you'd need 3 different types of characters:
    1) Kumite character, can be played in VS but not on VF.net
    2) VF.net character, kumite mode won't affect your wins/losses
    3) AI character, can be played on VF.net or kumite mode (see below)
    Although you can't have fights over the Net, you can certainly have 2 AIs duke it out over a broadband connection. Your system would display only the two characters' lifebars and rankings, of course, while fights would progress rather fast (even with high pings). An easy way to see if you're any good.

6. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

all this posts will go to waste...
    its just a waste of time, sega will never listen to usa gamers when it comes to vf, give up /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

7. 3of19

3of19 Well-Known Member

AI Fights online

AI fights online would be possible.
    It would propably work by downloading the AI of one player to the other person's machine and then have them duke it out there, while relaying the battle to the other player.

8. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Some tiny, tiny bits from pyrexia.com - courtest of cafeglobe translation.
    The japanese may not come through.
    Highlights: 2 new characters, additional balance tweaks, new costume items, new network/card changes, new 1player mode.
    ==================================
    Evolution formal announcement.
    ‚UŒŽ‚̃Vƒ‡ÂÂ[‚Å“oÂÂê
    It will appear in the show in June.
    7ŒŽ‰ºÂÂ{“oÂÂêâ€â€\’è
    The end appearance schedule of 7 month
    Šî–{“I‚ÉVF4
    It is VF4 fundamentally.
    ÂÂVÆ’Lƒƒƒ‰‚Q–¼
    Two new KYARA
    Æ’XÆ’eÂÂ[Æ’WˆêÂÂV
    Stage renewal
    ˆß‘•‚âƒAÆ’CÆ’eƒ€ÂÂi‚Râ€Â{ÂÂj‚̒ljÃÂ
    The addition of clothes or an item (3 times)
    ÂÂHÂÂVÆ’lÆ’bÆ’gÂÂÃŒâ€â€pÂÂB
    ? new network adoption.

ROMŒðŠ·‚¾‚ªÂÂA‚±‚ê‚Ü‚Å‚Ì–³ÂžŒðŠ·‚łÂȂ­â€ÂÃŒâ€Â„‚É‚È‚Ã‚Ă¢‚Ü‚·ÂÂB
    Although it is ROM exchange, it is old sale instead of recall.
    36–œ’ö“xÂÂB
    About 360,000
    –{‘ÌÂÂiNAOMI2‚ƃRƒ“ƒpÆ’lŠÜ‚ÂÅ60–œ’ö“xÂÂj
    Main part (it is NAOMI2 and a KOMPANE implication and is about 600,000)

ÂÂHÆ’JÂÂ[Æ’h‚±‚ê‚Üâƒâ€ Ã¢â‚¬Å“¯“™
    ? card is equivalent to the former.
    Ver.C‚©‚çˆøŒp‚¬ÂÂB
    From Ver.C to taking over
    ˆøŒp‚¬Œã‚ÌVer.C‚ł̃JÂÂ[Æ’hÆ’vÆ’Å’Æ’C‚Ö¢’è
    The card play in Ver.C after taking over is undecided.

ÂÂVÆ’fÆ’UÆ’Cƒ“ƒJÂÂ[Æ’h“oÂÂê
    New design card appearance
    Æ’QÂÂ[ƒ€ƒoƒ‰ƒ“ƒX’²Â®
    Game balance adjustment
    ˆêÂÂlƒ‚ÂÂ[Æ’h’ljÃÂÂÂi‚Ü‚¾“àÂÂÂÂÂÂj
    One person mode addition (still secret)

Vf.NET‚ÃÂVer.C‚©‚ç•Ã‚í‚é
    Vf. NET changes from Ver.C.

>>‰ß‹Ž‚̃Vƒ‡ƒ“ƒ{ƒŠ‰ÃÂŒ¸‚ðŠy‚µ‚ß
    The SHOMBORI degree of >> past can be enjoyed.

9. sayow

sayow Well-Known Member

Thanks, Creed. Much appreciation for the translation and consideration for lazy folks like me...

10. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

Hey, you got the original link? I'm curious about the '?'s in there.

All right -- who's coming to Japan to play it?

11. Guest

Guest Guest

Granted, this is just my hope for the next installment, and is likely to never be considered, but the idea i think is solid.

I would allow Vanessa to change stance at the beginning of a round, and also during the recovery phase of a move. when changing during a move recovery it would be an instant, or 1 frame long change period, at the very end of the recovery (so it wouldnt cancel a moves recovery time, or make it shorter, perhaps even a frame or two longer). This allows Vane greater diversity, as she can switch up all her moves, and could finally create some sort of interest in her floating game. As now you could hopefully switch one or two times during a float, and connect various moves.

Like: MT df+P(ch), P+K+G, P, P+K+G, f+P+K, P+K+G, db+K. Actually pretty close to a combo she has currently, but its the concept that matters.

Lastly, they could include a few strings that require the instant stance switch, like DS P,P,P, P+K+G, db+K, which would allow her normal PPPK string to end low, aswell as putting you in MT stance.

Changes like this, would just make my favorite character incredibly cool, while not upping her power level too much.

12. GaijinPunch

I'll throw in my change requests:

Take Jacky's floating ability away. The balance w/ Jacky against a 'real' player is just to damn off. See my other posts about what I'd change in the next version -- I really go off on this.

Give Shun a bit of power back. Not all the way back to Ver. B, but there's almost NOBODY using him in the arcades anymore!

More items (looks like we got those).

Mix the ranking system up a bit. Like class dan-levels by three or something. IE, a 3-dan can knock down, bump up a 4-dan, etc. Sometiems it's hard to find an opponent.

Give Sara, Wolf, and Shun better items. Wolf has ONE kewl item -- the 100-win wrestlers mask. And of course nobody wears it, as it'll get nabbed. Shun's items are terrible. Sara's dont' look that kewl either.

Split up Vanessa's head items into two. (Head & Face -- like Aoi). She has a TON of them, but you can only use one. A waste.

Prevent people from using duplicate cards. I'm sick of a 9-dan Jacky coming in w/ a 2-dan Jacky card, and pouncing the shit out of me. It's totally abusive bullshit. If you want an extra card to save sphere's, that's one thing, but using the cards to pounce people is another. This will take more infrastructure. Right now, you need either J-Phone, DoCoMo, or DreamPassport to use VF.net. If they started some type of phone/mail service, where only a REAL person could register there card, and only real cards could be used, they would eliminate this bullshit. I'm not joking, I almost ripped a guys card out of the machine and tore it up, b/c I knew it was 'fake'. Then again, being a gaijin here, that's not the smartest thing to do. The other thing is to get game centers to buy a 50,000 yen PC to run DreamPassport only for people to register there cards. I don't see this as a big obstacle for Sega owned arcades, which are everywhere.

13. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

laff, why should you care if a better player steps up to the machine and beats you?
    That's the fastest way to improve. He's probably not trying to hide his skill, he probably just is 10th dan with his main character, got bored, and decided to start on his secondary. Anyway, there are too many problems with registering cards, and it's sort of pointless. Good people can beat up on scrubs with or without a card.

14. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

yup, <a target="_blank" href=http://www.pyrexia.com/vf4>http://www.pyrexia.com/vf4</a>. Lemme know if you can translate something cooler than cafeglobe's interpretations.

15. GaijinPunch

Let me clarify. A guy gets 1000+ wins, 10-dan with Jacky (the main character these pussies use). For some other reason, he wants to have ANOTHER card, with the SAME character. Either registers it on a work phone, a friends phone, or leaves it unregistered (no name, can't use items). Everyone from Shodan to 9-dan is losing their win points to someone who's on a 10-dan skill level for that character.

You can only register one character per VF.net account. Generally, to stop this from happening. Obviously, it didnt work.

My favorite excuse is, "Oh, I lost my other card" yet you still see wins & losses accumulating on it when you check VF.net.

16. GaijinPunch

Your translation was pretty good. I was curious about the "?"s. I thought it might've been a character that didn't work out when you pasted. Perhaps those are points that are unclear.

17. American_Pai

American_Pai Well-Known Member

I want some blatant Shenmue promotion in VFE in the form of items. You know, Akira could get Ryo's jacket, Lau could get La Di's outfit, Pai could get Xuiying's dress, and other stuff cool stuff like that. They could also jack stuff from other famous Sega games like Sonic's tennis or the Virtua Cop Stunner light gun.

18. GaijinPunch

Great idea. I think Akira & Ryo looking so similar as one thing, but seeing as how AM2 put the VF characters in Shenmue, it almost seems natural that they put some Shenmue in VF. I think it's clear that Yu Suzuki has likes something about China. Look at the influence in VF (4 characters) and the whole story of Shenmue.

See my other post about "you ain't got this ranking.". The ranking they gave to Napoleon - the winner of the Zepp Tokyo Tournament was Hou-oh... Shenfhua makes note of it in the prolouge of Shenmue I & II.

19. stompoutloud

stompoutloud Well-Known Member

Hypothetically speaking if VF4 was online for the consoles in some way or another even if it had lag time, the ranking system thing would not work. Why? Because that ranking system will spawn a new breed of gamers called plug pullers and/or traders. A plug puller is someone who will lose and then shut off his ps2 immeditately so that the computer will not register that he lost and his opponent won. A trader is someone who has two phone lines and two systems and can play each other beating an opponent who doesn't play and earn wins/ranking points that way. Then it creates a ton of senseless trash talking and stuff because people will get all pissed at someone plug pulling. If it was to be online in the consoles, I say take out all that rankings, wins, and everything else like that and just put the game out for online play against people online. That's all. I have first hand experience of the problems playing on Xband for the snes and Genesis in the United states. Too many problems due to stats and ego.

20. agios_katastrof

agios_katastrof Well-Known Member

yeah, like SFA Gen

Gen was able to change between his crane and mantis in mid combos practically. It just rocked to play him.