1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter 4 Final Tuned

Discussion in 'News' started by Shou, Feb 19, 2004.

By Shou on Feb 19, 2004 at 11:11 PM
  1. Shou

Shou Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Official site: Virtua Fighter 4 Final Tuned

At AOU 2004, Sega AM2 has announced a new upgrade entitled Virtua Fighter 4 Final Tuned which adds new single player aspects as well as balancing out the game more while adding new moves. Expected in Japanese arcades during the Summer of 2004, however, no news of a console port have been announced. Expect media soon.

[​IMG]
    Jacky Bryant Tuned

[​IMG]
    Aoi Umenoukouji Tuned

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by Shou, Feb 19, 2004.

1. Jacky_San
      Jacky_San
      What have they done to Jacky? He looks like David Spade... if it is final tuned then Akira should permanently have a mullet.
    2. KS_Vanessa
      KS_Vanessa
      UGH!! they made aoi ugly! /versus/images/graemlins/mad.gif
    3. Aoi_Mei
      Aoi_Mei
      [ QUOTE ]
      kingsouther said:

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree.
    4. MAXIMUM
      MAXIMUM
      I actually think that concept pic of Jacky looks great, much much better than the squeaky-clean 80s biker look he has now.

As for Aoi, don't like that new pic - reminds me a little of Dead or Alive's cheap yet adorable anime slut look. I'd personally prefer to see the whole cast adopt a meaner hard-edged appearance.

Can't wait to see the new Lion........!!
    5. RandomHajile
      RandomHajile
      all im saying is after inital Ds, FzeroAX, horsy game, sega better hav a card system in the west!!!
      ohh pluss tatios battle gear3, has soming like vfnet!
      damn
      was only askin bout when the new vf is out last nite:)
    6. Jide
      Jide
      It's simply gains no benefit for sega to have a vf.net system in usa or europe.

Besides you can't really blame them either
    7. RandomHajile
      RandomHajile
      im not asking for vfnet, im askin for a card system! like the 3 said games ive mentioned that sega have card systems for here in the uk
    8. Jacky_San
      Jacky_San
      This picture stolen from Juex France. It looks cool but says nothing:

[​IMG]
    9. Onny
      Onny
      jesus christ i hope that is the background to one of the stages /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
    10. KiwE
      KiwE
      That picture is nothing new. Just that Goh and Brad used to be on it on each side (Evo picture).

/KiwE
    11. Myke
      Myke
      KiwE's right, that Akira pic is old, which is why I removed it from the first post.

One thing to keep in mind is that these are NOT the new default versions/looks of the characters. I'm pretty sure they're just examples of new items available in the FT version.

Now everybody calm down /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
    12. Gorbag
      Gorbag
      Well... As I know the first Tecken arrived even after Virtua Fighter 2. I doubt Jacky look like Paul. I think Paul look like Jacky /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Anyway... I doubt Sega is watching the post here. :/ I have no idea about if they get ideas from players (like compagnies like Blizzard currently does often).

For my part, I would like anti-aliased rings+backgrounds (as characters are in evo). Rings like in vf3 (not again this damn squares...). And about objects... I dunno you but for all characters, there is no real interesting choises. I prefers some real different pants shapes, some hats which can drop on the ground (like wolf hat in vf3) and maybe some special move for some "common items" like the glowing brace. It could allow the "back salto" back for characters like Jacky (it was possible at last in vf1 and vf2... it was so cool to chain them...)
      Also... What about adding "provocations".

Gorbag
      (may Sega read this) /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif
    13. FatalRose
      FatalRose
      i really hope thats not how Jackys default look is in VF final tuned. but from those two pics it looks like there is a slight graphical upgrade. but please don't let that be the new look for jacky.
    14. Dandy_J
      Dandy_J
      It's not calm down.
    15. Myke
      Myke
      These are just CG portraits, not in-game graphics. Even evolution had CG portraits for their characters showcasing various Items.

VF4FT won't be on new hardware so I wouldn't be expecting an upgrade in terms of graphics processing. And unless VF.Net gets an International release (let's face it, it's not), we won't be seeing these new Items in our arcades, and I'm willing to bet that FT default Jacky will look the same as Evo default Jacky (which looked the same as VF4 default Jacky).
    16. Dawnrain
      Dawnrain
      News!! News!!

From Translation of Hong Kong PKG site (VF-fansite)
      www.hk-vf.net
      of the news issued from
      http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20040220/a_sega.htm

Some details of the game:
      1. All characters have new moves and no new characters will be added.

2. There wil be new Challenge Mode for 1-player. If you complete the mission, prize will be awarded
      (i think :most probably fight money or special items)

3. New " Naming " system : the name for the character not assigned only based on your win rate BUT ALSO YOUR STYLE OF FIGHTING (I think : e.g. if you fight very defensive, you may name " turtle B ")

4. All items and win-stat. can be transfered from the VF4 Evo .

5. NEW MOVE WILL BE SHOWN IN MOVIE INTRO OF AOU
      - Lau : New! mid-air upward palm two hit combo
      - Jacky: New! mid-air two-dan kick
      - Kage: New! multi-kick of different level follow-ups after [6][2][3][P]+[K]
      - Brad : New! Sabaki move after special stance "ducking"

If there's any news, I will translate to you all asap.

Thank you to HK-PKG for the translation to Chinese la.

From Hugo
    17. DissMaster
      DissMaster
      I wish:

1. No more Brad!

2. Bring Taco Taka back!

3. Fix memory card system for console version.
    18. GTO
      GTO
      Hmm I don't know, kinda feels like they're just cheaping it out now.. /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif First there is VF 4, that was pretty nice. Then came Evo, awesome. But another VF 4?? Same characters with not much new...? It's 70 percent same stuff and 30% new unnecessary stuff (for a fighting game), to me it really feels like a run for the money...
    19. hikarutilmitt
      hikarutilmitt
      [ QUOTE ]
      kingsouther said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Though I know it's not her default look, I couldn't agree more. she looks like she's pissed off for waking up with bed hair or something. Dammit, having the hair come from back to front so far up the face makes her look like she has sideburns. And, her bangs are a bit too long.

ARGH!

Whereas Evo's pregame CG pics were nice (loved Aoi with her short hair) FT's look kinda blah so far.
    20. Onny
      Onny
      [ QUOTE ]
      Dawnrain said:
      - Brad : New! Sabaki move after special stance "ducking"

[/ QUOTE ]

*dances about the room* WOOHOO!
      let's hope it sabakis low P eh? /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif