1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter 4 Final Tuned

Discussion in 'News' started by Shou, Feb 19, 2004.

By Shou on Feb 19, 2004 at 11:11 PM
  1. Shou

Shou Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Official site: Virtua Fighter 4 Final Tuned

At AOU 2004, Sega AM2 has announced a new upgrade entitled Virtua Fighter 4 Final Tuned which adds new single player aspects as well as balancing out the game more while adding new moves. Expected in Japanese arcades during the Summer of 2004, however, no news of a console port have been announced. Expect media soon.

[​IMG]
    Jacky Bryant Tuned

[​IMG]
    Aoi Umenoukouji Tuned

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by Shou, Feb 19, 2004.

1. Gorbag
      Gorbag
      It's just 1 or 2 more/different move by characters? :/

Hey will they remove again some move like vf4 -> vf4 evo?

I regret also [1][P][K] [K] [K] [K] of jacky from vf4

Gorbag
    2. kimheng
      kimheng
      Please,what is "AOU"?

I can't wait for the first media! /versus/images/graemlins/confused.gif
    3. KiwE
      KiwE
      - Brad : New! Sabaki move after special stance "ducking"

Ka-ching!!!!!!!!!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES! /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/me gets pulled away by friends, says "I'm calm now...." shakes it of and then runs around screaming:

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

/me runs around the studio and it's cut to commercial time
    4. steve
      steve
      do you think Akira will lose the diffculty of doing his knee?
      as i pride myself on doing the move.
    5. KingofcarnageVF
      KingofcarnageVF
      Any VF news is good news.
    6. EmpNovA
      EmpNovA
      [​IMG]
      Aoi Umenoukouji Tuned
      [Like a] Man Aoi looks, weird... /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I don't care about a new save system or any of that, as long as this thing comes to (American) PS2 it's fine by me!

PS: I'm on a cruise ship as I'm typing this! :p
    7. Mysterious_Red
      Mysterious_Red
      looks more like a male rockstar if you hide the kimono.
      -lets see, long careless hair, too much make-up, you get the picture /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif
    8. AmunRa
      AmunRa
      whoa! the new jacky looks like tekken 4's paul(jacky's better though.) /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif this game is gonna be sick. does anyone know if there are gonna be new characters or if goh and brad actually get their own stages? /versus/images/graemlins/confused.gif
    9. ValeStyle_Gove
      ValeStyle_Gove
      Talk about franchise milking! But since its VF who the hell cares! /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif I'm more excited about new moves, vf cinematics and MORE GAME BALANCE. Indeed its a very exciting time to be living in.
    10. Mysterious_Red
      Mysterious_Red
      [ QUOTE ]
      ValeStyle_Gove said:

vf cinematics

[/ QUOTE ]

what do you mean by that?
    11. ValeStyle_Gove
      ValeStyle_Gove
      Movies, intro, ect. Cutscenes if you will
    12. hikarutilmitt
      hikarutilmitt
      [ QUOTE ]
      ValeStyle_Gove said:

Talk about franchise milking! But since its VF who the hell cares! /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif I'm more excited about new moves, vf cinematics and MORE GAME BALANCE. Indeed its a very exciting time to be living in.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, you're basically saying that milking is bad, then go and say you want more cutscenes? Yeah. :p

I think adding cutscenes and generally adding things it doesn't honestly need is a step in the wrong direction. Balancing, stages, music and moves is all I care about. We don't need no stinking endings. :p
    13. ONISTOMPA
      ONISTOMPA
      Since when did adding endings and cutscenes = milking ? They're not essential yes but a welcome bonus, I'd rather see that than ''Thank you for playing Sega and finishing arcade mode, have a coke and a smile''. Endings and cutscenes gives characters an identity and makes the game a little more interesting. Not really important but definitly not milking.
    14. Dawnrain
      Dawnrain
    15. stpROCK
      stpROCK
      It looks like Akira will have a sabaki against med- punches with combo-potential! Is that a new p,k-string for him; maybe the kick hitz med?? Lau can do some kind of throw with [6][6] [P]+k ? In general i think am2 tries to make "final tuned" more spectacular than Evo ( kage`s kickz after dp or Jackys jumping multiple kick for example).
    16. Pai_Garu
      Pai_Garu
      wow, it looks like some people doesn't pay attention to other parts of this forum.....

Not only has the footage already been posted like days ago here but there are also other ongoing VF:FT info threads going on if you take a look.
    17. ValeStyle_Gove
      ValeStyle_Gove
      Yeah, and both trailers are not proper codec for those in the workplace! Can someone recode to standard wmv? But no new characters? To tell you the truth I'm disapointed Sarah wasn't converted into a Tae Kwon Doe Monkey as Sega promised. http://www.nosdivertimos.com/humor/videos/self_def.mpeg
    18. AmunRa
      AmunRa
      maybe he wants a story mode?
    19. hikarutilmitt
      hikarutilmitt
      [ QUOTE ]
      ONISTOMPA said:

Since when did adding endings and cutscenes = milking ? They're not essential yes but a welcome bonus, I'd rather see that than ''Thank you for playing Sega and finishing arcade mode, have a coke and a smile''. Endings and cutscenes gives characters an identity and makes the game a little more interesting. Not really important but definitly not milking.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said they were milking. You said milking was bad. but then you also said that you want them to add stuff like endings and cutscenes. What that says to me is that you want to pander to the incredibly casual players that wouldn't have otherwise played or bought it for the sake of adding it.

I mean, making endings I suppose would be fine, but adding them for the sake of adding them means you're adding soemthing just to appease all these people that say games like T4 and SCII are better just because they have endings.

Remember the war about FFVII-X being shallow because they were each "one big movie?"
    20. Warbird
      Warbird
      Wow, they are really milking VF4 for all that's it's worth. But if it's as cool as Evo, & its a Greatest Hits price, I'll be the first in line! "One please!"