1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter 4 Final Tuned

Discussion in 'News' started by Shou, Feb 19, 2004.

By Shou on Feb 19, 2004 at 11:11 PM
  1. Shou

Shou Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Official site: Virtua Fighter 4 Final Tuned

At AOU 2004, Sega AM2 has announced a new upgrade entitled Virtua Fighter 4 Final Tuned which adds new single player aspects as well as balancing out the game more while adding new moves. Expected in Japanese arcades during the Summer of 2004, however, no news of a console port have been announced. Expect media soon.

[​IMG]
    Jacky Bryant Tuned

[​IMG]
    Aoi Umenoukouji Tuned

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by Shou, Feb 19, 2004.

1. ONISTOMPA
      ONISTOMPA
      Your post is kinda confusing man, but I guess we both agree that endings and cutscenes aren't milking.
    2. Mysterious_Red
      Mysterious_Red
      its not milking, but lets just get one thing straight. None of the VFs had 'em, so why would sega go out of their way an add 'em in an expansion pack.

*Besides, i've hear CG costs money!* /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif and if you know sega, you know what i mean...
    3. J_Dragon
      J_Dragon
      Omg...they Managed to turn Aoi into Lizardman...!!!
    4. RagingSilver
      RagingSilver
      Nah, I would like to see cut scenes but with the story line already, nah, lol.

VF kids cutscenes were jokes tho. Loved the Kage one.
    5. SpeedFreak25
      SpeedFreak25
      Do you think that VF4FT will be online of it is released for ps2? Now that would be perfect!
    6. FatalRose
      FatalRose
      [ QUOTE ]
      SpeedFreak25 said:

Do you think that VF4FT will be online of it is released for ps2? Now that would be perfect!

[/ QUOTE ]

nope. but one can only hope.
    7. Mysterious_Red
      Mysterious_Red
      online play will surely take away that "go to the arcade and kick some ASS man" factor, and nearly half of the companys profits come from that. thats how the console port of the game is funded.
      it'll never be online., and that's O.K.

on the other hand, sega could make it online, and charge monthly fees, to make up for the lack of arcade go'ers who challenge others online and not at the arcade.
    8. Luddie
      Luddie
      Let's pray that doesn't happen. Monthly fees...*shrug*
    9. YuuKun
      YuuKun
      the idea of online play with a monthly fee is not a bad idea. it's up to the person if they want to pay out a monthly fee of i.e. £10-20 to play throughout the month is pretty good. plus they can have a Quest Mode online with ranked players to choose to challenge, working your way up to become a champion. i personally think this will work and arcades will still have it's usual tournaments and gather round. also this will make the VF community a lot more bigger and competitive in general. maybe...just maybe.
    10. Vith_Dos
      Vith_Dos
      Online play, if done well and intelligently (how I imagine Vf.net and hopefully DOA Online will be) is always an awesome idea, it usually does nothing but strengthen the community and hardcore players in general, especially if you can play people overseas.
      Japanese compitition watch out.. Vith is coming...
    11. KiwE
      KiwE
      Lau is up.

Lau's skill is up. Intresting how he moves from his stance into his backturned hitthrow - makes you wonder.

/KiwE
    12. maddy
      maddy
      Re: Lau is up.

Here it is.
      [​IMG]
    13. Mindscan
      Mindscan
      wow, capcom counting to 3 flashbacks came to mind when i went through this thread about the new VF4.
    14. Tsobanian
      Tsobanian
      Second VF 4 update and I don't see new costumes!
      This sucks!!! /versus/images/graemlins/mad.gif
    15. Nybec
      Nybec
      Wolf's skill has popped up. Next one is Lei-Fei. It's about to get really interesting!
    16. KiwE
      KiwE
      Wolfie.

Notice in Wolfs case the situation after the throw. Jeff is sideways and Wolf seems to have a advantage to press Oki games hc. The stats will determine this move I guess (if it's TC / dmg / half or fully circular etc etc).

Another interesting fact that hasn't been brought up is that Laus hitthrow from the stance seems to be mid meaning that you wouldn't be able to just duck and be safe against that freakin gaurdstagger punch no more - I think they're trying to implement Laus stance more as not many Lau players seem to use it as of now.

/KiwE

Edit - please don't directly link 250kb images
    17. Cuz
      Cuz
      Re: Wolfie.

Let the new Friday tradition start! Lei's new move is being showcased.

Enjoy.
    18. FaisonI
      FaisonI

Great looking move, not that verse in all the hit terminology. But in general looks like this move was added to the Bokatai Stance (not sure of the spelling) and it will hit high. Please let me know right or wrong on the move.
    19. KiwE
      KiwE
      Brads skill up, next is Vans.

I don't know what to make out of Brads. Think it's a combo that needs MC to be garanteed. I hope it's garanteed as mC aswell though like jerkys [3][P][P][P].

/KiwE
    20. Neonomide
      Neonomide

Lei new kick seems like it´s ripped blatantly from Iron Monkey, where Donnie Yen does it on Shaolin nun after that awesome Shadowless kick scene with four monks and flying triple sidekicks. Looks like a bit useless showoff move nro 456 for me. If it hits high, then perhaps its recovery won´t be somewhere in 18 frames or so...