1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter 4 Final Tuned

Discussion in 'News' started by Shou, Feb 19, 2004.

By Shou on Feb 19, 2004 at 11:11 PM
  1. Shou

Shou Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Official site: Virtua Fighter 4 Final Tuned

At AOU 2004, Sega AM2 has announced a new upgrade entitled Virtua Fighter 4 Final Tuned which adds new single player aspects as well as balancing out the game more while adding new moves. Expected in Japanese arcades during the Summer of 2004, however, no news of a console port have been announced. Expect media soon.

[​IMG]
    Jacky Bryant Tuned

[​IMG]
    Aoi Umenoukouji Tuned

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by Shou, Feb 19, 2004.

1. CookyYuki
      CookyYuki
      Things I'd like to see

1) More reversals for kage and others with too few
      2) Background story or sotry/quest mode like in SC but not as lame
      3) I know there are no new charecters but it would have been nice to see some new styles in a game like Tai Chi or TKD
      4) Charecter style demos like in SC but without weapons
      5) more badass items
      6) FATALITIES jk
      7) Make the chick charecters hotter
    2. Kagamura
      Kagamura
      Re: Things I'd like to see

oh how benefital those "things" sound.
      make the .. chicks... hotter, mm! sounds great. /versus/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
    3. Street
      Street
      I can't imagine that current technology (PS2 especially) would allow for the precision of experience that VF demands. Lag of less than a single frame at all times?

Though maybe the next generation consoles. One can only hope.
    4. CookyYuki
      CookyYuki

Well I guess some people just don't have a sense of humor, but hey thats cool, my REAL ideas would be cool to see. Sorry I have an opinion because no one else ever seems to have opinions, but if you like to make fun of people who are having fun, just because it makes you feel more sophistocated or cooler than someone else than by all means please continue. I can take it.
    5. GKaizerZero
      GKaizerZero

actually the more reversals idea isn't bad at all. or at least more moves that sabaki. Jeffrey for example is in dire need of something. like it would be nice if when he's in threat stance he had a reversal of some sort.
    6. SliceOfPai
      SliceOfPai

More reversals would be nice. It would give better balance to characters, but just as long as they don't make it overly easy like the DOA games. I would also like to see the return of multiple memory card usage so players can match up their customized characters. I would love to have my SliceOfPai go up against my friend's HrdcrWolf.
    7. Cruz
      Cruz

It would be nice if Sarah's Flamingo is a reversal when punched or kicked or maybe it can be a throw escape!

Or maybe a New Move as a prize!

Anyways, did everybody notice on the "New Skill" thingie that Vanessa is wearing the Vale Tudo attire most of the people has been wailing about?
    8. GKaizerZero
      GKaizerZero

don't even get me started on the whole memory card issue. it pisses me off to no end. oh yeah, and more low throws. thats the only other place i think the game is lacking balance. and does anyone else remember Pai having a rolling DDT type throw in VF2? they should bring that back ant least as an offensive throw reversal. i liked it. speaking of which, i think Wolf and Jeff should have offensive throw reversals/escapes seeing as how they're the wrestler types. note for all you nitpickers: before you say anything, yes i know that Jeff practices Pancration/tium, not wrestling.
    9. GKaizerZero
      GKaizerZero

the new move prize would be excellent. i can see it now: instead of the glowing red prize we'd be presented with a glowing emerald box. and if they're gonna give us money prizes in the future, it should be a manditory minimum of 800G. and i doubt we'll be seeing that outfit in FT or in 5. in 5 we'll hopefully just get something different entirely. i hate her 2P outfit to pieces.
    10. Cruz
      Cruz

And maybe when you buy an eye or hair color, it shouldn't go off on 50 matches. Maybe make it more expensive but make it last till we don't want it anymore! It's not like your eyes and hair is gonna fall out in 50 matches!
    11. Dandy_J
      Dandy_J

[ QUOTE ]
      Pai_fan007 said:
      It would be nice if Sarah's Flamingo is a reversal when punched or kicked or maybe it can be a throw escape!

[/ QUOTE ]

if by "nice" you mean "really fucking gay"
    12. Devil7om
      Devil7om

[ QUOTE ]
      Pai_fan007 said:

[/ QUOTE ]

While we're at it lets make it a 3 frame mid throw.
    13. PhoenixDth
      PhoenixDth

[ QUOTE ]
      Pai_fan007 said:

Anyways, did everybody notice on the "New Skill" thingie that Vanessa is wearing the Vale Tudo attire most of the people has been wailing about?

[/ QUOTE ]

OMFG LETS GIVE LEIFEI UNBLOCKABLE FIREBALLS TOO!!!

the outfit is standard in japan btw
    14. Cruz
      Cruz

[ QUOTE ]
      PhoenixDth said:

[ QUOTE ]
      Pai_fan007 said:

[/ QUOTE ]

OMFG LETS GIVE LEIFEI UNBLOCKABLE FIREBALLS TOO!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
      [ QUOTE ]
      Dandy_J said:

[ QUOTE ]
      Pai_fan007 said:

[/ QUOTE ]

if by "nice" you mean "really fucking gay"

[/ QUOTE ]

HaHaHa, very funny! /versus/images/graemlins/mad.gif
    15. CookyYuki
      CookyYuki

GKaiserZero your ideas are really good, it would be nice to see Kage with a low throw too (besides that one from behind cause that situation comes up allllll the time).
      P.S. thanx for backin me up
    16. GKaizerZero
      GKaizerZero

i don't see why it's so horrible for Sarah's flamingo to be activated upon throw escape or as a reversal. it's not like you said to make into an instant death move which detroys your opponents throughout perpetuity or something. i think it's a decent idea anyhow; despite the fact that i loathe the flamingo stance. it could be applied to other characters with multiple stances as well. it's not like it'll unbalance the game beyond repair or anything. and to Cooky, anytime man.
    17. KiwE
      KiwE
      See the problem.

You honestly don't see a problem with a move that gives +4 on block, can be a powerful sabaki going in, with basicly a safe exit (kickflip) and with a special high at that advantage going in it that wins over even 2p being given autoreversal properties and so on? It's not as Sarahs flamingo isn't the best stance in the game as it is.

/KiwE
    18. GKaizerZero
      GKaizerZero
      maybe i misunderstood

maybe i misunderstood, but the way i saw it was that UPON escaping a throw successfully, Sarah would recover in flamingo stance, not that she would be able to throw escape from flamingo. that would be insane; i have enough trouble with her in that stance as is. and as for the reversal issue, again i meant that UPON a successful reversal she goes into flamingo; not reversal from flamingo. that would be irritating beyond measure.
    19. CookyYuki
      CookyYuki
      Re: maybe i misunderstood

Word up
    20. KiwE
      KiwE
      Goh = WTF

Goh's skill is up. He gets a PK with an optional backturned pos from it. I understand the need for a PK (well not really as I felt his pokegame made him abit unique) but

<font color="white"> WTF? </font>

/KiwE