1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter 4 for PS2 BOOST your WINS

Discussion in 'Console' started by TheStranger, Mar 25, 2002.

1. TheStranger

TheStranger New Member

I don't know if anyone else has thought of this yet, but in the version for PS2, it is really easy to gain a perfect record and get the accessories if you make a character just to beat on. THen go into the VS. mode and use that character as the second player, and use your real character, then just whoop the hell out of him over and over again.

2. Will_Gotti

Will_Gotti Member

Well me personally I knew about that already, but doesn't that defeat the purpose of even creating the character. I think Sega put AI training in PS2 VF4 to bring new fresh features to the home console fighting game genre and for you to teach your characters moves and what and what not to use. I also think the reason why they put in AI mode was to help you as a player become better by showing the CPU how to play the game while helping yourself that's why there is that coaching feature down at the bottom during your AI matches, allowing you to see the match as a third eye. Haven't you watched matches and said I would have done this or I wouldn't have done that well now you have the chance to coach your character and do all of that. So quit trying to look for loop holes in the system and have fun with what is IMO one of the most revolutionary features and very genius on Sega's part, in console fighting game history.

3. ItsEd

ItsEd Member

i call this practicing...

4. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Well, the way I see it, if the statistics listed in the "advice" section of the character edit mode mean anything to you, your stats are getting skewed (usually anyways) when you're trying to preserve that precious 100% record. At least it'll still give you a generalized script answer regarding your inadequate areas during the win matches, but I usually really do like to know how often I get hit by certain types of attacks, how often I get reversed for certain attack levels, how often I'm successful at certain things, etc...

But in the end, it really doesn't matter. Just a nifty feature of the game/versus/images/icons/smile.gif

-Chanchai