1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter 4 for PS2 Classics

Discussion in 'General' started by def, Nov 20, 2011.

1. def

def Well-Known Member

Would u guys want to see VF4 and/or VF4: Evolution come to the newly launched PS2 Classics on Playstation Network, especially if the upcoming Vita plays PS2 Classics?

beanboy likes this.
  2. Coroo

Coroo Well-Known Member

yes! yes do want!

3. Manjoume

Manjoume Well-Known Member

Thankfully, Final Showdown is coming out. Though, another VF game on the current market might eat away on sales, but getting a PS2 and VF4 isn't too difficult.

4. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

If it was a port of the PS2 version and playable on Vita sure, I don't really have any need to play it on my PS3.

5. Manjoume

I don't know if it'll be playable on the Vita (kinda doubt it) but can you use a arcade stick when you play the digital version on a PS3? Normally you can't use a PS3/PC stick on PS2 backwards compatibility games on PS3.

6. Manjoume

Its on the European PSN. I got a code from a friend of mine in the UK (sent him money via PayPal though I can't suggest that to anyone unless they totally trusted the person but even then beware).

At any rate, for me it lags a bit at times (not sure on the reason). I might try redownloading it.

7. sibarraz

sibarraz Well-Known Member

Is this game worth just for the tutorial or the port is really bad with the slowdowns?

8. Madone

Madone Well-Known Member

Don't buy this, it is absolutely unplayable. The framerate is horrible.

Since FS does not seem to have a decent training mode, it might be worth it for those who did not have the PS2 version and are new to the series.

9. MAtteoJHDY

MAtteoJHDY Well-Known Member

Final Slowdown?

10. jinxhand

jinxhand Well-Known Member

Yeah Jeffry's stage is the worse from what I was told by a few friends of mine...

Just get an old ps2 and an old copy of VF4Evo, you're better off that way...

11. Junsuina Chikara

Junsuina Chikara Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Jun_Chikara
    XBL:
    LeprekaunTM
    I jumped on the gun to get VF4Evo off the PSN Store. It was a purchase I greatly regretted. Unlike playing PS1 games on a PS3 (where the actual PS1 hardware is embedded onto the PS3 motherboard), with PS2 games, its software emulation and it seems even Sony themselves can't get the PS3 to emulate a PS2 properly so I strongly advise NOT to buy it. There are constant slowdowns all over the place, making the game unplayable at times.

You're better off getting a PS2 and VF4Evo for that.

12. masterpo

masterpo VF Martial Artist Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    lastmonk
    Better late than never., Yes Bring VF4 and VF4 Evo to PSN:LOL:

beanboy and smbhax like this.
  13. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

And there is VF4 Final Tuned too.:p