1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter 4 joystick

Discussion in 'Console' started by jon948, Mar 25, 2002.

1. jon948

jon948 New Member

A place where they sell official vf4 joysticks is www.buyrite.net it's an official joystick (not a 3rd party joystick) but it's around $60.00

2. Archaix

Archaix New Member

I haven't used it, but I just wanted to make a few points about it.

1: Buyrite has the worst customer service of any of the larger importers I know of. Tronix, NCSX, therage, Videogamedepot, and many others are far better.
    2: It isn't an "official" stick as far as not being made by a third party. It is a third party controller still, made by Hori. It may be the official Virtua Fighter 4 stick(I'm not 100% sure that it is, but I would assume that they wouldn't be allowed to market it as such if Sega didn't approve it), but it is not an official Sony product. This says nothing about the quality of the stick, it is just semantics, but I just wanted to clear that up.
    3: Finally, I personally wouldn't get this stick, as there are only three buttons on the main face, and many other games use a four button layout(or more). There are other sticks which I imagine work just as well(Again, haven't used this particular one, but there are many excellent arcade sticks available) that could be used for other games as well.

But, then again, when you've got Virtua Fighter 4, why are you playing any other games to begin with?

(Do I get any kinds of n00b brownie points for that last statement? Do I?!?)