1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter 4 - PAL release - 6:th of march???

Discussion in 'General' started by Mirkan, Feb 5, 2002.

1. Mirkan

Mirkan Well-Known Member

I'm confused, to say the least..

If I'm not mistaken, VF4 will be out in the US by march.. correct?

Well it usually takes like a month or so before it surfaces here in europe. Still, three online shops here, not connected to eachother, list 6:th of march as the release date for the PAL version???

As far as I can tell, PS2 games are released here sooner after initial release in japan, than say, Dreamcast games. But heck, 6:th of march!? I'm just wondering, has anyone heard any concrete statements regarding the PAL release of Virtua Fighter 4?

Thanks in advance...

/Mirkan

2. Murasame

Murasame Well-Known Member

So VF4 and MGS2 are coming at about the same time...
    I'm getting the one that appears *first*.

3. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

Who cares about the gay PAL version, we all know it's gonna run in fucking 50htz speed and have bars as big as buildings!
    I got the Jap version of VF4 now, and getting the US version in march, but fuck the PAL version, only retards would buy that.

4. Murasame

Murasame Well-Known Member

ok, MGS2...

5. Mirkan

Mirkan Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to disappoint you but Sony has actually said that the game will include 60hz selection.

Yep that's right.. so please.. just.. yeah.. you know.

/Mirkan

6. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

still youl have to wait for the european release and you get a gay PAL cover, I havent bought a PAL game since the SNES ran hot in 1993, and I intend to keep that way!

7. Mirkan

Mirkan Well-Known Member

Who asked you about what you buy and don't anyway? Don't be so full of s**t, buddy.

I couldn't care less for PAL covers, it's just that mod chips are rather expensive, and seeing as it's just a couple of weeks away...

Sheesh! Who put that stick up your arse?

8. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

Im not talking about some fucking mod chip man!!
    im saying get a fucking import PS2 insted, even if VF4 comes with a 60htz mode, 99% of all other games released dont have one, even my kidbrother at 9 playes NTSC for fuck sake.

9. Mirkan

Mirkan Well-Known Member

I don't care about other games actually. And no, I won't buy another PS2. Even if YOU have fifteen of 'em, not everyone can afford such luxory I'm afraid.

PAL VF4 will most likely have 60hz support. It will be released a little less than a month from now. I can wait, get off my back.

How about posting something constructive for a change? Not just bitching or "yeah, wow, me too!"
    You raced past me in total posts in like one week because of your stupid "me too" replies.

When the rest of us have nothing to say, we just keep our mouths shut. Maybe you should try it some time?

(And don't reply to this, let's just end it here.)

10. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

lol I dont get upset about newbie scrubs from sweden who buys PAL insted of NTSC, I just know I never would, but hey it's your life, live it like you want too.
    and btw. I dont have 15 PS2, I have 4.

11. Mirkan

Mirkan Well-Known Member

I don't understand why you even replied to this thread, I really don't. But I guess you just had to prove something to yourself and others by indirectly calling me a retard. I think noone on this board is interested in your personal opinions of the ones who buy PAL games. Now, what they MAY be interested in is when the PAL version of VF4 is coming out. That was my question.

So to cut things short, you never had anything to add to this thread from the start, and thus, you should've kept your mouth shut.

Now just buzz off, act like a bloody grown up.

12. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

lol, I though you werent gonna reply?? anyways I did have something to add to this thread, which was dont buy that gay PAL version get an import instead, maybe some ppl. in europe actually do that(like me) instead of wasting money on some unplayable 50htz crap, and even if there is a 60htz mode it's still gonna suck like all other PAL games does.

13. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Some might say only retards buy the same fucking game 3 times when they have a working copy...if you got money to burn like that, get me a copy.

14. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

I always buy the jap version when a game comes out, and then buy the US when it's released, I hate and have never had a burned/copygame, they always suck and brake easyli and you dont get the original cover, and besides you ripping off gamecompanies like Sega eatch time you burn or buy a copygame from a friend.

15. Darkseed

Darkseed Well-Known Member

Do you actually have any constructive criticism about the PAL version at all? And no...your personal opinion that it's "gay" doesn't even remotely count as such. If you got anything of worth to say then say it, if you don't then don't say anything.

16. Mirkan

Mirkan Well-Known Member

It's quite evidient that you know NOTHING about PAL 60 games. You say it will 'suck like all the other PAL games'. Now that's just wrong. The PAL 60 output is more or less the same as the NTSC one (on the ps2, it IS the same one. PS2 outputs a NTSC signal when you turn it to 60hz if I remember correctly)

Bottom line is, if you think PAL 60 sucks, then my friend, your japanese version 'sucks' as well.

Once more you just blurt things out. Think carefully before speaking, or else, sooner or later, people will think of YOU as a retard.

17. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Err, hey there chucky..if you want to argue, don't put words in my mouth - I didn't and was not advocating burned/pirated games...I just am saying its pretty stupid to dump money on 2 versions of essentially the same game.

18. Zero-chan

Zero-chan Well-Known Member

Sega much moreso than other companies has always been nice to Europe. Most of their PAL DC stuff has the 60Hz option, and it seems like they want to continue the trend on the PS2. Not to mention all the games they've released in Europe that they haven't bothered with in the US.

Now, if PAL games suck so much, why is Shenmue 2 Euro ver selling so well in the states? Hmmm...

19. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

Oh yeah that's right, I actually got one PAL game. Shenmue II, first I had the Jap version, but it sucked sitting with faqs and shit, just to know what the hell they are saying, and since SH II is only coming out on that gay X-box in the US in like 10 years, I got myself a bootdisc and forced myself to buying the PAL version and played it on my US Dreamcast.

20. Mirkan

Mirkan Well-Known Member

I'll just point to my original question and ask people to ignore Chucky here, who obviously has lost his OWN thread in this dilemma. I feel sorry for you btw Chuck, must be hard not being able to admit defeat or at least back off when situation calls for it.

I ask once more, is 6:th of march the definite release date? Anyone heard anything official?