1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter 4 Records. Post here please.

Discussion in 'Quest, Kumite and Items' started by pinoy929, May 10, 2002.

1. pinoy929

pinoy929 Member

I was wondering what are the records in the states? I saw a Japanese video and this guy had 4783 wins and 700 loses. INSANE! My record is 160W/60L and I am at 3rd Dan. Do the Japanese have anything else than video games over there because if they don't I am moving /versus/images/icons/smile.gif. I mean, I know they play a lot, but a total of almost 6000 games?! That is a lot of practice!

Anyway, please post your records here. Thank you

2. stanj

stanj Member

character: Jacky
    ring name: Stan J
    record: 420 W - 120 L

even got my red bandanna...

3. Robyrt

Robyrt Well-Known Member

For the PS2 version, records are meaningless because anybody can beat up on the AI for a >90% win rating. While 6000 matches in the arcade is very respectable, I hear Mukky Akira has broken 10,000 wins /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif

4. Kali

Kali Well-Known Member

True, true... I've Wolf with 1165 - 218 w/l and Vanessa 1081 - 107 w/l. And most of the loses come from VS mode. In Kumite I even done a 420 wins streak with Vanessa - it could be even longer, but I was very tired and I gone to bed.

5. SkinnyD

SkinnyD New Member

Character: Lei Fei
    Ring Name: Skinny D
    Win/Lose: 1020/427

This is the first fighting game I've really ever played

6. ProjectWonderboy

ProjectWonderboy New Member

CHACRATER: Jacky
    RING NAME: projectJRL
    RATIO: 150 wins / 50 loses (75%)

7. OhgmA

OhgmA Active Member

PC:
    Lei-Fei - OhgmA
    474 / 74 - 86%
    6th Dan and rising

Ai Char:
    Lei-Fei : Trama
    75 / 49 - 60%
    2nd Dan and pissing me off!

8. UMJ

UMJ Member

character: Venessa
    ring name: DaS.O(Da Supreme Omnipotence)
    record: 1234W/24L

9. Kali

Kali Well-Known Member

Character: Wolf
    Ring name: FockenWolf
    Win/Lose: 1173/242

Character: Vanessa
    Ring Name: BlackWidow
    Win/Lose: 1124/130

Character: Kage
    Ring Name: Kali Maru
    Win/Lose: 1282/347

Character: Lau
    Ring Name: oOAAHH CHI
    Win/Lose: 644/178

10. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    I saw a Japanese video and this guy had 4783 wins and 700 loses. INSANE! My record is 160W/60L and I am at 3rd Dan.

While others may choose to ignore this thread, as I have been for some time, I'd just like to officially go on the record for saying how stupid this thread is.

To even think you can compare the rankings of the Japanese players you see in the movies -- ranks that have been earnt in the arcade, against human challengers -- to your own ranking which is more than likely 'earnt' in the comfort of your own home against a formulaic CPU is quite ridiculuous, and insulting.

11. pinoy929

pinoy929 Member

Geez, I just wanted to know where we stand as far as how many games we have played total. I mean, I know we would get destroyed by the Japanese players. But think about it. If someone has played over 10,000 games, and each is a about 2 mins (give or take a minute), that is 20,000 minutes which is 333 hours which also is 13 days of playing the same game. I don't mean 13 days with 8 hours of sleep, but 13 whole days of virtua fighter 4. I can only fit in about 20 games before I get bored each day. Where do they find the stamina? As far as comparisons, there should be Virtua Fighter league where people gather and gather up wins and losses to clarify winning records, right? Whatever may be the case, it'll solve the "insult" you got from this thread.

12. Sausage Man

Sausage Man Active Member

It's not so much getting bored of playing, the range of competition makes it more exciting. The whole thing with VF is that most people have their own personal style of playing. This is something that lacks in most fighting games. If you were to play 20 different people as opposed to say 20 matches against the same person or the computer, you would probably find it more enticing. That's basically what makes gatherings a lot of fun.

13. blackshadow

blackshadow Well-Known Member

i agree if i could play 20 different ppl with there own unique style i would have ass loads of fun but seein as there r no machines ne where near me there is no point :'(

14. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    pinoy929, so your intent wasn't to compare with the Japanese ranks, but merely to find out how much everyone has played at home? Fair enough I suppose. But just in case you don't know, the Japanese players we see in the movies have been playing since VF4 initial release, which was around August last year. For regular to hardcore players, it's not hard to imagine how they can accumulate a high number of games over that time.

15. NeoTokyo

NeoTokyo Active Member

believe me playing Virtua Fighter against Japanse players in the arcade is awesome. if I was living in Japan. I would play every single day. all my money would go straight into the arcade. Also I have an empire ranking Lau Chan on the ps2 version, but that really means noithign as Myke has said. I know that when I play any of the top Japanese players I get schooled. still I can't wait to go back to Japan and see how my skills have developed, because the last time I went to Japan I didn't had the ps2 version to practise. so maybe this time I can hold it on 1 second longer in a round!