1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter 5 Final Release System Info

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by Pai_Garu, Jun 30, 2006.

1. foda500

foda500 Member

Since I'm not an expert can anyone answer me?

Was the leap from VF 4: FT big?

2. Most

Most New Member

I`m start to play VF5 in last month
    I never played VF before...I`m thai study in japanschool..but can play tekken very well
    I want to know how to Escape throw..
    in tekken have 3kind right L[P] or H[P] or L[P]+H[P]
    But in VF how to escape...

3. Cuz

Cuz Well-Known Member

Throw escapes are the same as the last input of the throw.

So a "Neutral" throw the input is [P]+[G], the throw escape is [P]+[G]. If a throw is [6][P]+[G], the throw escape is [6][P]+[G]. If a throw is [4][1][2][3][6][P]+[G] the escape is [6][P]+[G].

Hope that helps.

4. zakira

zakira Well-Known Member

You can use the general escape throw input which is [G]+[P] [6][G]+[P] [2][G]+[P] [3][G]+[P] [2][G]+[P] [6][G]+[P] as I remember it. you'll have to be really fast to input this during the throw frames in order to escape. /versus/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

5. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    zakira said:
    You can use the general escape throw input which is [G]+[P] [6][G]+[P] [2][G]+[P] [3][G]+[P] [2][G]+[P] [6][G]+[P].

[/ QUOTE ]
    .....right.

6. Stl_Tim

Stl_Tim Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    zakira said:

You can use the general escape throw input which is [G]+[P] [6][G]+[P] [2][G]+[P] [3][G]+[P] [2][G]+[P] [6][G]+[P] as I remember it. you'll have to be really fast to input this during the throw frames in order to escape. /versus/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I have seen the evade sextuple throw escape guard. It takes alot of dedication to get there, but it's very possible. You just have to practice everyday and carry a positive mindframe. I have faith you'll get to your goal.

Yo joe!

7. Sebo

Sebo Well-Known Member Content Manager Taka Content Manager Jeffry

PSN:
    Sebopants
    Because I've only broke around 10 throws ever by accident (bad eyes), does being on the 2p side switch the directions for escaping?

8. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

Escaping six throws (one of them being a regular [P]+[G]) takes 10 frames if each of the commands is done in one frame.

<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>
    1: [P]+[G]
    2: [6][P]+[G]
    3: neutral
    4: [3][P]+[G]
    5: neutral
    6: [2][P]+[G]
    7: neutral
    8: [1][P]+[G]
    9: neutral
    10: [4][P]+[G]
    </pre><hr />
    You're basically telling someone to practice something that can be done only by the CPU. I can only hope it was a joke. /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
    Sebo:
    Because I've only broke around 10 throws ever by accident (bad eyes), does being on the 2p side switch the directions for escaping?

[/ QUOTE ]
    Yes, a [6] ("f") is your characters "forward", so the directions are switched for 2P side.

That said, it's a wrong forum for all those questions, as they should be in Character and Technique Training .

9. Most

Most New Member

thank you..

10. noodalls

noodalls Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

Topic - The Art of using OM 2
    Author - Chakki
    Source - Myke
    Translation - Noodalls

Using OM against strings
    As you would know, OM is an evade with an extra motion added to it. Using it like this, it can be a powerful way to deal with strings.
    What you want to go for is strings that either can't be delayed, or are generally used without delay. After guarding the first hit, quickly input the evade and then press *P+K+G with good timing. If you can do this, you can successfully evade the next hit during its execution, and additionally if the opponent stops and then does another move you can use the OM's evasive abilities to evade this. Choose whether or not to use OM depending on your opponent's actions.
    The best exaple is Akira's *ffP+KP, where after a successful evade OM P will allow a retaliation. Moves from *ffPKd or u can also be dodged using OM.

OM after sideturned.
    OMs are best used when you have the advantage to utilise the evasive frames, as was said last month. However, in one situation they are useful in even or disadvantaged situations. That is, when you are off axis from your opponent. Especialy when you have taken your opponent's side, their usefulness is high.
    The main example is, after some throw being escaped you are left at an even situation, but if you do an OM to the opponent's back you can evade most moves. Situations like this after throw escapes are very common, so definitely try to exploit this.
    Also, Jacky's *fPPP or *P+KK on hit give the situation "took opponent's side but disadvantaged". Do an OM to the opponent's back side.
    Further, pay attention to Lau's *bK+G, which is a full circular attack that on guard pushes the opponent back. It is disadvantaged on guard, but because it pushes back and puts the opponent slightly off axis, there is use to the OM depending which direction you move.

Dealing with OM
    When you are at a disadvantage, and your opponent uses OM, what's the best way to deal with it? Certainly the best course of action is to use a full circular low (high and mid moves may be evaded under certain circumstances) however there are characters who don't possess these moves.
    The first option that exists is a slow move. An even better option is a move with sabaki properties. This will let you beat your opponent's OM move as well as dealing with a linear attack. Another option is to backdash slightly followed by a fast move. This will beat OM moves as well as beating *dP for reach.
    On the other hand, if you "see" an offensive move being done, you can quickly input a ETEG. This will deal with OM attack and OM throw mixups.
    Deciding what to do after blocking an OM attack is also important. After blocking OM P, it's best to mix up with a quick mid move or a throw for nitaku, however against Sarah Pai and Eileen their standing P beats out an elbow class move so you have to be careful. Also, after OM K a throw or standing *P is guaranteed.

11. noodalls

Article - System notes Volume 1
    Magazine - Arcadia #79
    Text - Yanaga
    Source - Myke
    Translation - Noodalls

In this issue, we'll discuss the "throw clash", and important element of VF5, and the increased number of situatios in which "ukemi kakutei (tech-catch)" and occur. If you know about these, they will help you in your battles.

Remember the conditions under which a clash will occur, and apply reverse nitaku.

Let's discuss the conditions under which clashes occur. It has become such that when a tsukami throw and a attack are executed, a clash with a throw will occur up until the latter frames of the attack. Because of this, when you are disadvantaged and abare'ing the opponent, the execution of the attack becomes important. In the below table the moves that will not clash with an opponent at certain disadvatages have been compiled. Bear this in mind when you choose which situations to abare in.
    One thing to pay attention to, moves that use the *df df motion buffer to execute standing moves from crouch and moves like Sarah's *df dfK, which include a dash motion. You should think of these not as executing slower but as being at a greater disadvantage.
    The most important category of these is number 1 from the table, after *dP on normal hit or *PK on hit. Even for characters like Akira and Jeffrey, that don't have a good move against clashes, because knee class moves won't clash you can expect a big return.
    Further, there are many big moves like knees which have good properties and are effective against OM. Especially after *PK on hit, it's easy to use OM so include this in your mixup repetoire.

- After a *dP on hit (or minor counter) or after a PK on hit when you are disadvantaged,
    (Picture shows Akira being hit by Lei's *dP)

- Knee moves won't clash, and depending on the move can also work against OM.
    (Picture shows Akira's knee hitting Lei Fei)

1. Disadvantaged situation - *dP on normal hit, standard PK on hit
    Moves with execution that won't clash - middle class, knee class

2. Disadvantaged situation - standing *P normal hit
    Moves with execution that won't clash - elbow class, upper class

3. Disadvantaged situation - Pai counter hit *fP
    Moves with execution that won't clash - Heavy weight *P, Aoi *fP+K class **

4. Disadvantaged situation - *dP counter hit
    Moves with execution that won't clash - light weight *P middle weight P* class

5. Disadvantaged situation - standing *P counter hit
    Moves with execution that won't clash - Only Vanessa *dfP

** This is the recovery at which you cannot duck to avoid a tsukami throw, but you can crouch dash to avoid it.

Easy to use abare moves
    In condition 3 where side hit*1 class moves with hit confirming you can continue to use useful strings. For examples, Jacky's *dfPPP+K and Eileen's *bPPK. The return is big, and if you see it right you can stop at the second hit. The execution is quick, so it can also beat out delayed moves. Characters that possess these kinds of moves that are powerful in reverse-nitaku should remember them for situations where they will not get clashed. Also, for the same reason, strings from standing *P can be useful for abare. In particular, light and middle weights will not clash in condition 4, so they have even more opportunities to use them.

- Jacky's *dfPPP+K is great. Against a wall the returns are even better.
    - The powerful standard *P is useful, and for Eileen she can go as far as *PPfP

Special conditions for ukemi-kakutei?
    In particular after foot crumples it will occur, where the opponent is down in feet away head up (utu fusei teki ashi houmen - can someone check this). It's well known that under this condition if the opponent does ukemi on the spot they will be vulnerable, but you should also remember tht if they side roll (yoko ukemi) there is a gap. Because of this, there will be some mid or low moves that whether they side or in place roll will hit the opponent. The risk of ukemi'ing in these situations is great, so the opponent should try their best not to do so. Further, other than the above mentioned foot crumple situations, moves suchas Kage's *fbP+G and after combos from Wolf's *deadly move P+G put the opponent down in the same position.

If the opponent won't ukei, you are able to connect bound combos freely, so sometimes the opponent must ukemi. If you do ukemi, do yoko ukemi, and once you roll don't press the guard button, to make it difficult for the opponent's move to track and so harder to pressure the tech-roll.

- First, before a combo that causes foot stun, and from the feet away face up position
    (Show's Pai's *ffP+K, I think)
    - From there, if you perform a mid or low attack and they recover in place, you will get a side or back hit.
    - If they side recover, you can get a hit on the side. Go for a move that is difficult to recover from, or give a side crumple.

- It's important also to delay your ukemi timing, so making it harder to pressure with moves.

*1 The characters here are side and hit from what i can read, never seen it used before in VF terminology.

12. noodalls

I didn't really get the explanation of clashes, but I think the combination of picture captions and the five conditions should do a good job of explaining what was hard to put into words in the paragraph.

13. Jeneric

Jeneric Well-Known Member

Aha,so the general idea is: At heavy disadvantage, use fast moves, at small disadvantage, use heavy moves.

Never really got when clash occur/didn't occur...it didn't happen that frequently to me, mostly when I tried to sabaki out of my tech roll.

14. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Jeneric said:

Aha,so the general idea is: At heavy disadvantage, use fast moves, at small disadvantage, use heavy moves.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, that is incorrect. The translation had some minor errors which was misleading.

The clash system is dependent on two factors.
    1 - The execution speed of the move.
    2 - The frame advantage/disadvantage of the thrower.

In summary, clash can only be beaten up to mid disadvantage for the attacker. Any disadvantage less than that can be beaten by bigger moves up to Knee class attacks.

I'll expand upon this a bit more later, but the table makes it clear that the situations where you can duck throws have been changed from FT.

15. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Is it the slower the attack (relative to the opponent's advantage), the less likely that it would clash?

16. Unicorn

Unicorn Well-Known Masher Content Manager Wolf

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    Ice-9 is the celebrity

The best moment of my day:

There is a 2-pages preview for VF5 in czech official PS2 magazine. And if I read the text, I found an awesome sentence:

Right behind arcades you can find TV screens, where you can watch biggest champions of whole country, new ranking charts and watch the fights which takes place at the moment; and players like Ice-9 or Chibita are today's celebrities of whole country. /versus/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Tomorrow I will post scan here.

BTW It seems they take that from UK(??) PS2 magazine, and aouthor of this text is some "Joel Snape"

17. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

18. danny13

danny13 Well-Known Member

Re: Ice-9 is the celebrity

OMFG! Our Ass-9 is the best!

It's time to kick butt in VF5!

/versus/images/graemlins/cool.gif

19. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

I'M A LEGEND!!!!

I just want to take this moment to thank everyone who's made me the success that I am today. Shang, you were the best publicist ever, thanks. Rich, it all started with you. Shou you taught me how to play this game. Everyone else, go to hell. Chibita especially -- you are dust compared to me. I also want to thank God, for without Him I would be nothing. World peace! High five!!

/versus/images/graemlins/lol.gif /versus/images/graemlins/lol.gif /versus/images/graemlins/lol.gif

20. Unicorn

Unicorn Well-Known Masher Content Manager Wolf

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz

Just wonder where that Joel Snape (hope no connections with Harry Potter here) run into your name, that he put you in that article..? Was you in Japania to play some VF5 there or what? /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /versus/images/graemlins/lol.gif