1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown: Aoi Combos

Discussion in 'Aoi' started by Tiripsem, Jun 9, 2012.

1. Madone

Madone Well-Known Member

Thank you for your input Zaarock, I will do some testing and make the changes tomorrow!

PPd+PP is usually something you see Japanese players use for positioning near walls so I just assumed it did less damage than PPf+PP.

2. Phoenix117UK

Phoenix117UK Member

That chart is fantastic Madone, a concise and effective list.

3. Kikimaru

Kikimaru Well-Known Member

PSN:
    kikimaru024
    Noticed this via Combovid.com

4. Kikimaru

PSN:
    kikimaru024
    I noticed that [6][6][P]) -> [4][3][P]+[K] was not comboing when I set Stun recovery to fastest.
    Am I doing it too slow, or can they really get out of it?

5. Madone

Madone Well-Known Member

No, you are probably not too slow, as with most of the combos with staggers they are not real combos. A good player will recover consistently, so it is REALLY bad practice to rely on combos that involves staggers unless you know they are guaranteed (which is the case with [​IMG][3][P]+[K][P] for example). Notice that the difficulty of the struggle depends on spacing.

A really nice wall setup that is almost impossible to struggle is
    [6][4][P]+[K] (back turned) then do her back throw. From there do [6][4][P]+[K], [P] [G] cancel [K]

They will stagger after the [6][4][P]+[K] and the [K] will crumple them. Then you can just do Aois standard wall combo. The problem with this is that it is really obvious. =)

Oh, and by the way. Some of the combos in the combo video you posted does not work. And I think not a single one is maximum possible damage.

EDIT:
    Oh, look at this. xD
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVlgBosW7QU&feature=g-u-u

6. Kikimaru

PSN:
    kikimaru024
    VS Taka
    [6][K]+[G] > [6][K][K] is NOT guaranteed, they can roll out of it (either position)
    Only followups I've found that hit are [2][K]+[G] / [6][K] / [4][K]+[G] / [3][K]

7. Tiripsem

Tiripsem Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure I stated in my post Taka can tech the second [K] in [6][K][K]

And the fastest struggle option in dojo is a bit unrealistic, to the point that someone could struggle that fast only if they nearly break their arm trying to struggle. If your opponent does actually manage to miraculously stop your [4][3][P]+[K] then Aoi has other wall setups like [4][K] into [6][6][K].

Last edited: May 27, 2021
  8. kingo

kingo My bitch G0d3L is a scrub Content Manager Aoi

PSN:
    kingofvf5
    XBL:
    kingofvf4
    Good job Madone. I just would like to add some combos:
    33P+K CH, P, 6K+G, 2_3P+K, 64P+KP does 88 damage on AOI
    66K, dash P, 6K+G, 2_3P+K, 64P+KP does 74 on Vanessa ( difficult combo)
    66P+K CH, KP, 2KPP does 78 damage on Lau, Brad, Shun, Goh and maybe others characters.
    44P+K, 6K+G, 6K, 2KPP does 76 on Lau, Brad, Shun, Goh and maybe others characters.
    On Taka, 66K, OM, 2KPP does 50. 44P+K, 6K+G, 2KP, 6KK is also possible on him.

9. complexz

complexz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    mistercomplexz
    ohh neat combos I can't wait to try them, thank you sir.

10. Blee

Blee Member

I made this document a few weeks back, and I thought I'd add to the combo repository that Madone has laboured to create.

Unfortunately, I have trouble viewing Google Docs so I was only able to skim through his document briefly before my browser crashed [​IMG] But if you would like to add some of these combos to yours, we can get a Master Guide going for Aoi.

I tested these combos on the training dummy set to tech roll for every character. For some of them, I tried TR'ing manually, and I've got them to work online as well. But it's subject to revision.

Counterhit or CH is noted only when it's necessary. Damage values are from the NH/CH option in the training room for every character (except Jean's).

This lists maximum practical damage (if I can perform them, I'm sure anyone can [​IMG] ).

And I use the numpad notation, because I find it easier to read :p

789 -> ub u uf
    456 -> b n f
    123 -> db d df

I'd like to add that I copied this format from another user here on VFDC (and I can't find the original [​IMG] ), and I also included her entire movelist in a separate workbook, colour-coded for punishment situations.

Let me know if there are any inaccuracies with the document or if you are having problems with the link. (This is my first time using dropbox to share files) [​IMG] Cheers!

11. Madone

Madone Well-Known Member

Dude, that's awesome!

3 or 4 combos that covers the entire cast for each move! I will absolutely learn these first and the character specific ones later.

This fills a completely different niche than my document. So in the future I will try to make mine more of a collection of character specific combos and max damage. This way, beginners have a great point to start and can learn more advanced combos as they go.

I will also look through both documents and see if I missed something.

And I still have to add the combos by Kingo, will do as soon as I have the time.

BTW, would it be OK if I tried to upload this to Google Documents to share that way (I am not sure Google documents can convert it correctly though)?

Amazing job Glee!

12. KingofcarnageVF

KingofcarnageVF Well-Known Member

It is now my mission to destroy all Aoi players.

13. Blee

Blee Member

@KingofcarnageVF: Not if we have something to say about it [​IMG]

@Madone: Thanks [​IMG] I'll try and go through your list (god forbid my browser crashes), and I'll try kingo's combos as well since I've already covered a few of his combos. And yeah, feel free to do with it as you wish. As far as I'm concerned, it's public domain.

And just call me Lee.

14. Lord_Hollow

Lord_Hollow Well-Known Member

PSN:
    LordHollow_KMH
    XBL:
    LordHollow
    Good luck with that. We are a stubborn bunch..

15. Sorias

Sorias Well-Known Member

I think he's already proven he can destroy me quite competently;; I wish the rest of you good against KoC.

16. KingofcarnageVF

Really theres just the flow charting non stop Aoi players that im after, the Auto Pilots...

17. JaLoHa21

JaLoHa21 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    JaLoHa21
    You can go ahead and destroy all the counter spammers, I'm supporting ya for that. Dont think you can beat all of the good ones though.

18. KingofcarnageVF

I know what a good Aoi is amd does, before FS I used to have alot of matches with Kingo. He has many ways to set you up and many defemsive techniqies including Throw esaping. There really only 2 that im after and 1 wont even play me

19. SilentNephilim

SilentNephilim Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SilentNephilim
    XBL:
    SilentNephilim
    @KingofcarnageVF: Do you consider me an auto pilot Aoi? XP

I need to remember to try out some of these combos. Especially the ones against the heavy weights. I sometimes make the mistake of doing one that works on light or middle weights when i'm up against them lol

20. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza

I can verify that this combo also works on Jacky, Wolf and Jeffry in both stances, plus Eileen and Aoi in open stance only.

Kruza