1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown: Aoi Combos

Discussion in 'Aoi' started by Tiripsem, Jun 9, 2012.

1. KingofcarnageVF

KingofcarnageVF Well-Known Member

Silent, after srudying you, there are two things that you do that you shouldnt.1 is your habbit of evade laumch, this will get you killed. The other is somethinh most Aoi players do. After mid mid combo, alot of Aoi's will do her double fisted moved because it goes under highs and will avoid throw. But at minus 6 you can get launched on counter and thats hella bad. My heart is set on GunSniper.He was getting off low punches at -8

2. MannyBiggz

MannyBiggz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    MannyBiggz
    XBL:
    Manello Biggz
    If you don't mind sharing, what exactly do you consider a flowchart Aoi? I'm just curious to know the kind of stuff people are considering as bad habits, gimmicks, etc...

3. Sorias

Sorias Well-Known Member

There's a "mid mid" that leaves Aoi at -6? I think you must be thinking of a mid high (6PP?) or high mid (KK?). Of course, I absolutely agree... having those blocked is definitely not a time to throw out 43P.

GunSniper seems pretty legit to me. I joined him for a session once, and got the impression he lives in an area with no offline comp, so his playstyle does gravitate more towards "things that work online". But he knows the game, was teaching me new tricks about how to use stance evades and get better wall combos.

4. KingofcarnageVF

KingofcarnageVF Well-Known Member

His whole game is geared toward a flow chart when attacks hit. He evades at -9 or more ying yang reverses or 2p at random. Never seen him escape a throw. It does seem like jes an on line warrior. After studying Aoi for a couple days, 43p is best used vs 2p with advantage and after p g cancel to keep your opponent up right.

5. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza
    Here are a couple difficult combos to pull off.

[3][3][P]+[K] > [6][4][P]+[K][P]([G])~[K] > [K][P][K]
    This one causes 77 (88 on CH) points of damage. I've gotten it to work on Eileen (closed stance), El Blaze (both stances), Aoi (open stance), Sarah (both stances), and Vanessa (closed stance) so far. The proper timing to land the Sundome knee along with the follow-up high kick is very strict.

[4][3][P]+[K] (CH only) > [P] > [P]+[K] > [K][P][K]
    This one causes 75 points of damage which is perhaps the most damaging combo that can be done after the groin crumple. However, the timing to land the punch after the crumple is very strict. Go too early and you'll miss the opponent. But go a tad late and despite actually hitting the opponent with the punch, the big bound animation won't happen with a slightly tardy follow-up of [P]+[K]. I've gotten this one to work on everyone except Akira, Jeffry and Taka. Also worth noting is that this combo worked only in closed stance on Shun and Wolf.

Kruza

6. Madone

Madone Well-Known Member

7. Lord_Hollow

Lord_Hollow Well-Known Member

PSN:
    LordHollow_KMH
    XBL:
    LordHollow
    Im gonna try the first one when I get home. I can research some of those characters if you want. It sounds sexy just reading it, too.

8. Kikimaru

Kikimaru Well-Known Member

PSN:
    kikimaru024
    Can't figure this one out myself, nice find though!

Seems to work on Eileen with:
    [4][3][P]+[K] (CH only) > [6][6]> [P] > [P]+[K] > [K][P][K]

Will test this on others.

9. Kikimaru

Kikimaru Well-Known Member

PSN:
    kikimaru024
    Combos Vs. Taka *UPDATED*

[6][6] [P] (wall stagger)[5][3][K][+][G][5][P] [5] [6][K][+][G][5][3][K][+][G][5][6][K][K]
    93dmg
    open & closed stance

[3][3] [P][+][K][5][P][+][K][5][6][K][K]/[6][6][P][+][K]
    65dmg
    OS & CS

nvm kingo found a better combo:
    [3][3][P][+][K][5][6][K][+][G][5][4][4][P][5]BT[2][K][P][P]
    74dmg
    OS & CS
    Begin with [4][K] stagger for 91dmg

[6][6][K][5]OM[5][2][K][P][P]
    50dmg
    OS & CS

[6][K][+][G][5][3][K][+][G]
    37dmg
    OS & CS

CH [6][4][P][5][P][P][P][K]
    66dmg
    CS only!
    CH [6][4][P][5][6][K][K]
    59dmg
    OS & CS

10. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza
    No problem, man.

Later on I found out that this combo requires a counter hit to pull off on Shun, Pai, Lion and Vanessa for both closed and open stance. But for all other lightweights it'll work on either CH or NH for both stances.

I forgot to add this note before, but try using [6_][P] here instead of normal [P] after the groin crumple. This combo should work on every character I mentioned before.

Kruza

11. kingo

kingo My bitch G0d3L is a scrub Content Manager Aoi

PSN:
    kingofvf5
    XBL:
    kingofvf4
    I personally do
    43P+K CH (33,) P, P+K, P, 6KK
    A small CD before the P. IMO that combo doesn't worth the candle, the basic 43P+K CH, 2KP, P,6KK does only 1 or 2 pts less and give better okizeme since the foe is still face down, head towards.

Neonomide likes this.
  12. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza
    For the recent visitors of VFDC site who aren't aware, I have a Google Docs Spreadsheet file which has just about every meaningful combo listed for Aoi. It's the pet project that I've been working on over the last several months.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmHS23-CBTIgdEpKdF9BSlQ3ZDc5empiRTZNNmNPY0E&pli=1#gid=5

Detailed CPU settings have been set to "Fastest" Rising Speed and "In Place (exact)" Fall Recovery setting throughout this entire testing process. So this pretty much means that all standard combos and wall combos listed are inescapable and cannot be tech rolled out of if executed properly.

I have tested and verified every single standard combo and wall combo that works on each character at least three times with success before listing it on the spreadsheet. There is a blank space in cells reserved for certain combos that didn't work on specific character, or for combos I just haven't been able to get to work on that particular character for whatever reason even though it probably should. Move the arrow cursor over a desired cell to read a small note or comment I find important enough to share concerning that combo.

I had intended on including a "degree of difficulty" section to give an idea on how tough it can be to execute a certain combo, but this category would end up being too subjective and too variable among the weight classes. So I decided to just answer any specific questions on what issues you may have on executing a certain combo on a particular character in this forum. Or you can leave a comment and/or chat with me on the GDS file if you notice I'm around (click at the upper right corner where it says "n other viewers" to open chat box). I will continue to frequently check on and update the spreadsheet file whenever necessary.

Any comments and suggestions you guys may have on GDS file are welcomed as this is still a work in progress.

Kruza

Dipstick and BLACKSTAR like this.
  13. Lord_Hollow

Lord_Hollow Well-Known Member

PSN:
    LordHollow_KMH
    XBL:
    LordHollow
    Kruza, check the link, sir. It doesn't appear to be working.

14. kingo

kingo My bitch G0d3L is a scrub Content Manager Aoi

PSN:
    kingofvf5
    XBL:
    kingofvf4
    Just want to add that after 3K+G wall splat, you can do 6K instead of 23P+K for more damage on most light weight and light middle weights.

15. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza
    Interesting. That's cool to know about getting more damage with 6K, kingo. I'll do some research using that move for wall combos later today and add this stuff to the GDS spreadsheet file.

Kruza

16. Neonomide

Neonomide Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Neonomide
    Google docs seems great! When do we see more of those in VFDC combo resource section?

17. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza
    Hey, I'm not the content manager so it's not my call on what goes into VFDC's combo section.

At any rate I'm still making additions, edits and changes in the GDS file fairly often. And I will continue to add any info I find important enough to include while testing and experimenting things that comes to mind.

Kruza

18. Neonomide

Neonomide Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Neonomide
    No problem, stuff there just seems pretty solid in my testing. No pressure for Kingo either. :)

Better oki after D, df+P+KP, d+KP, PP6P for 75 dmg on lightweights (closed I think)? Ender 64 P+K P does 76 dmg. I find others hard to do.

EDIT: OK it seems to work on Aoi, Eileen and Blaze in closed only .

19. Tiripsem

Tiripsem Well-Known Member

There is indeed a mid mid at -6 on block. Aoi's [4][6][P]

20. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza

After doing some testing on this combo, I find it actually works on open stance on those characters you mention if Aoi advances forward during the last string ([6_][P][P][6][P]).

Anyway, this is a good find. There are a few fancy-looking lower-damage combos I found out that I purposely haven't added to the GDS file at the moment. But this is one combo I had not tried which does decent damage, and I'll look to add this one soon.

As for finding which is the better oki option after landing the combo, I haven't looked into these two combos in depth to know for sure, but I know it does take longer for Aoi to recover after doing [6][4][P][+][K][P], so I think it would maybe be better to do the first string you mentioned if you wish to apply consistent pressure to those who frequently tech roll or quick-rises after knockdown.

Kruza