1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown: Aoi Combos

Discussion in 'Aoi' started by Tiripsem, Jun 9, 2012.

1. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

I check out the google document and I wonder what's the better option to pull wall stagger combos? For example, after 3K+G, should I go 2_3P+K or 6K? I have difficulty to complete 66P>P>P+K>6KK during wall combos due to the P+K doesn't bound properly, and I can tell the timing to P is restricted.

Is Aoi always difficult to do her maximum combos? Or is there any rule or specific timing to delay her moves?

2. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza
    The [6][K] knee is always the better follow-up option after the [3][K][+][G] wall splat during a wall combo since it's easier to execute and adds 3 points more total damage. However, using a follow-up knee here completes the wall combo on fewer characters than a follow-up [2_][3][P][+][K] uppercut, so you'll have to take note of who you're fighting when considering it.

The wall combos variants using [6][6][P] after the stand-up bound are definitely the toughest to pull off in my opinion. To complete these combos you have to allow the stick to get to neutral position a little quicker after tapping the punch button when doing [6_][P] or what you described will happen (the follow-up [P][+][K] hard bound move executes a tad late and doesn't bounce opponent off the ground properly). Anyway, these particular wall combos seems easier to do on slimmer, taller characters like Brad, Lau, Sarah and Aoi even though I'm not totally sure why (larger hitboxes?). Also, I find more success delaying the input for the [6][6][P] command a bit after the stand-up bound in order to complete these type of combos on Lei-Fei and Shun, but I cannot really explain why that's the case.

Haha, pretty much all of Aoi's max damage combos are very difficult to pull off, or has some sort of restriction to it if there aren't any delayed inputs involved (i.e. combo starter needs to land as Counter Hit, stance-specific requirement, etc.). This reason is probably the biggest drawback to using her in comparison to other characters who have some fairly simple-to-execute combos that can deal massive damage.

And I don't know of any rules to how delayed inputs work for Aoi's combos since there's no sure 1FK technique that can be applied to doing many of them. I just pause briefly, look for certain visual cues on the position of the floating/bouncing opponent, and hope I time the input right on the delay.

Kruza

Dennis0201 likes this.
  3. Dennis0201

Thanks for all tips Kruza,
    I pretty much have the same feeling as you to pull off her combos. 66P needs a little bit delay but I just couldn't find a exact timing to do it. Anyway I'll practice 6K instead of 2_3P+K to see how it works.

I probably should just start with her universal combos:confused:

4. Dennis0201

Last question I believe, how exactly to use P to cause a wall hit after Aoi's 6P+G drag? I check Shiwa's video and he can use 6P+G no matter where near the wall. Is there any distance required?

Btw, for wall combo, I don't know if I narrow down to these correct?
    43P+K(CH)>2KP>6K+G>3K+G>66P+K P
    3K+G(wall)>6K(or 2_3P+K)>6K+G>9P+K P>66P+K P>2K(extra for some characters)
    Or is there any alternative makes more damage or better follow up??

5. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza
    The jab can hit the opponent from the side into the wall to cause a wall stagger after doing [6][P][+][G][2]/[8].

That listed [4][3][P][+][K] wall combo is good. Against certain characters, [3][K][+][G], [6][K], or [3][K] can be used as a final ground-scrape attack following [6][6][P][+][K].

On the second combo listed you might mean [6][K][+][G] instead of a second [3][K][+][G] because using the latter move here will cause a slump animation and end the combo early. And [2][K] can be used as a ground-scrape attack here, but you may be better off doing [3][K][+][G], [3][K], or [6][K] (if in close enough range for it) as all of these attacks do more damage in this situation.

And the [P] > [P][+][K] follow-up sequence does a little more damage than the [3][K][+][G] after a stand-up bound animation. The latter move has more range and is easier to execute overall on every character though. I say this because there are nuances against certain characters like Jeffry where you'll have to remember to hold forward to do the step-in jab ([6_][P]) before the hard bound attack whenever doing this sequence in order to complete a wall combo in open stance, or else the jab will whiff.

Kruza

Dennis0201 likes this.
  6. Dennis0201

I'll check this later.

Yeah, sorry my bad it should be 6K+G bound here.

I'm confused here, do you mean I can use P>P+K(bound) instead of 6K+G(bound)? So the entire combo is something look like 3K+G(wall)>6K(or 2_3P+K)>P>P+K>66P+K P perhaps?

7. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza
    The [6][K][+][G] {stand-up bound} > [P]/[6_][P] > [P][+][K] >... sequence does more damage than the...

[6][K][+][G] {stand-up bound} > [3][K][+][G] >... sequence.

However, the latter sequence will not complete the wall combo if [3][K][+][G] was already used to wall splat the opponent after the wall stagger.

Kruza

Dennis0201 likes this.
  8. kingo

kingo My bitch G0d3L is a scrub Content Manager Aoi

PSN:
    kingofvf5
    XBL:
    kingofvf4
    After 6K+G bound, [P][P][+][K][6][6][P][+][K][P] is easier and do more damage than [6][6][P][P][P][+][K] [6][6][P][+][K][P] ( due to damage scaling ) so don't bother.

Yeah, some identical combos are just unecessary timing / delay / characters dependant.
    For example, against Jacky, at max distance of 33P+K ( if you want to punish his blocked flip kick ), 33P+K, KP, 2KPP is a true combo only in that case.
    A combo like 33P+K, P, 2_3P+K, KPK does 71 damage against him, but after 2_3P+K, sometimes the string doesn't connects for no reason unless you're at the distance of after 4K hits stagger. So dumb.

Dennis0201 and Kruza like this.
  9. Dennis0201

I do notice her combo is not easy to consistently pull off, and the worse thing is I can't tell is it due to online stuff or my input dropped.o_O

Anyway I'll stick with her for a while, and see what I can do.

10. steelbaz

steelbaz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Raze--
    XBL:
    spliffy baz
    I don't see any of Aoi's advanced ECDC to the back, side crumple combos listed in here, did I miss them, or are they just considered to difficult to execute and thus not listed here @ VFDC? The damage from them is rather high for Aoi I believe, but they are considered hard execution by Japanese players.

GunSniper Ls likes this.
  11. steelbaz

steelbaz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Raze--
    XBL:
    spliffy baz
    It works on Lion in open stance too, didn't see that mentioned in this thread, or in the combo section at the top of the forums.

[2][3][P]+[K][P] CH > [P] > [P]+[K] > [6][6][P]+[K][P] works on Lion in open stance as well.

You can also get an extra [P] after the [P]+[K] bound and end it with [6][K][K] or the [6][6][P]+[K][P] ender.

Craigbot likes this.
  12. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza

The combo list in VFDC is mainly for people starting off and wanting to stick with doing basic stuff. I posted many of Aoi's advanced combos in my Google Sheets file. (I purposely omitted her side crumple [3][K] combos because they are way too variable and too subjective to include. But if anyone have questions about any of them then I can do my best to answer.)

By the way... for that combo you mentioned at the end it is possible to use [2][P] instead of [P] for 87 total points of damage (vs. 86 total with standard punch). But the low punch connect only on Eileen here -- not Lion.

Kruza

Craigbot and steelbaz like this.
  13. KahnRahn

KahnRahn Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kahn Rahn
    Some combos

Against Aoi, Lion and Vanessa (both stance)
    [2_][3][P][+][K] (MC)[P][G] ~ [4][4][P] ~ [2][K][P][P] 78 dmg

Against Sarah Open stance
    [2_][3][P][+][K] (MC) [P] ~ [K][P] ~ [2][P] ~ [6][6][4] [P][+][K][P] 81dmg

Against Vanessa open satnce
    [4][4][P][+][K] ~ [6][K][+][G] ~ [6_][P] ~ [P][+][K] ~ [6][6][P][+][K][P] 81dmg
    You can use [6][K][K] or [2][K][P][P] (same dmg)

Against Vanessa only on NH both stance
    [3][3][P][+][K] ~ [6][4][P][+][K][P][G] sundome [K] [6][6] ~ [P] ~ [6][6][P][+][K][P] dmg 80
    You can Use [6][K][K] (same dmg)

Note : you need to perfom [6][6] during the sundome [K]'s strike.
    The combo works with out the dash in CS, but require a dash in OP. Don't watch out for the stance and do the [6][6] for both.

steelbaz and Project Bokuho like this.
  14. KahnRahn

XBL:
    Kahn Rahn
    Another combo little bit hard to execute :

Both stance against light
    [2_][3][P][+][K](MC)[P]~[P][G]~[2_][3][P][+][K]~[2][K][P][P] 80dmg

Note : [6][6][P][+][K] must be buffered for all the combos

Tested only on Vanessa both stance
    [3][3][P][+][K](MC)[6][P][P][G]sundome[K]~[2][P]~[6][6][P][+][K][P] 91dmg

Close stance against Sarah, Pai, Lion , Shun ,Vanassa (both stance)
    [2_][3][P][+][K](MC)[P][6][6](full dash)[2][K][P]~[2][P]~[6][6][P][+][K][P] 84dmg

Open stance against Sarah, Pai, Lion, Shun , Vanessa (both stance)
    Note : cancel [6][6] with [P][G] ( do it carefully to don't perform a [6][6][P] )
    [2_][3][P][+][K](MC)[P][6][6][P][G]~[2_][3][P][+][K]~[2][P]~[6][6][P][+][K][P] 84dmg

Against Lei, Lau, Goh, Brad, Kage Close stance
    Note : buffered the forward dash and cancel it with [2][K][P] (very quick dash)
    [2_][3][P][+][K](MC)[P][6][6]~[2][K][P]~[2][P]~[6][6][P][+][K][P] 84dmg

Against Lei, Law, Goh, Brad, Kage Open stance
    Note : buffered the forward dash and cancel it with [P] (very quick dash)
    [2_][3][P][+][K](MC)[P][6][6]~[P][G][2_][3][P][+][K]~[2][P]~[6][6][P][+][K][P] 84dmg

Enjoy :)

Last edited: May 26, 2016
    Craigbot and Kruza like this.
  15. KahnRahn

XBL:
    Kahn Rahn
    Another stuff with [4][3][P][+][K](Mc) against Sarah, Lion and Vanessa

[4][3][P][+][K]~[K][P]~[6_][P]~[6][K][K] 76dmg
    Meaty :
    • [3][K] +10 against Sarah and Lion
    • [3][3][P][+][K]~[P]~[2_][3][P][+][K]~[2][K][P][P] 69dmg (because of float)
    • [6][6][K] standing combo
    • [2_][3][P]![P][+][G] when the opponent strike the ground (Timing is really easy to find)
    Against Jacky
    [4][6][P][+][K]~[3][3][P][+][K]~[2][P]~[6][4][P][+][K][P] 66dmg
    Meaty :
    • [3][K] +10

Open stance against Sarah, Pai, Lion, Shun , Vanessa (both stance)
    Another way to do this one :
    [2_][3][P][+][K](MC)[P][6][6][P][G]~[2_][3][P][+][K]~[2][P]~[6][6][P][+][K][P] 84dmg

[2_][3][P][+][K](MC)[P][6_][P][G]~[2_][3][P][+][K]~[6][6][2][P]~[6][6][P][+][K][P] 84dmg
    Hold [6_] during 60 frames or more

Have fun :cool:

Kruza likes this.
  16. KahnRahn

XBL:
    Kahn Rahn
    Another combos :

Open stance against Aoi, Vanessa, Sarah, Lion [6][6][P][+][K] need to be buffered
    [2_][3][P][+][K](MC)[P]~[K][P]~[2][P]~[6][6][P][+][K][P] 85dmg

Both stance against Aoi, Vanessa, Sarah, Lion,Shun, Pai
    [2_][3][P][+][K](MC)[P]~[3][3][P][+][K]~[2][P]~[6][K][K] 85dmg
    Meaty (don't work against shun and Aoi) :
    • [3][K] +10
    • [6][K][K]
    • [6][K]
    Both stance against Aoi, Pai, Lion, Sarah, Vanessa Shun ([6][6][P][+][K] need to be buffered)
    [2_][3][P][+][K](MC)[P]~[3][3][P][+][K]~[2][P]~[6][6][+][P][+][K][P] 84dmg
    [2_][3][P][+][K](MC)[P]~[3][3][P][+][K]~[2][P]~[2][K][P][P] 84dmg (Don't work vs Aoi)

Both stance against Eileen, Lion, Sarah, Vanessa
    [6][K][+][G] or [6][K][P](MC)~[3][3][P][+][K]~[2][P]~[6][4][P][+][K][P] 66dmg
    Meaty [3][K] +10
    [6][K][+][G] or [6][K][P](MC)~[3][3][P][+][K]~[2][P]~[6][K][K] 70dmg
    [6][K][+][G] or [6][K][P](MC)~[3][3][P][+][K]~[2][P]~[2][K][P][P] 70 dmg (open for Lion)

Both stance El Blaze , Eileen, Aoi
    [P][+][K] MC or [6][4][P] MC~[P]~[6][K][+][G]~[2_][3][P][+][K]~[6][K][K] 88/89 dmg
    Both stance Lion, Vanessa, Sarah
    [P][+][K] MC or [6][4][P] MC~[P]~[6][K][+][G]~[2_][3][P][+][K]~[6][4][P][+][K][P] 84/85dmg
    Pai Both stance
    [P][+][K] MC or [6][4][P] MC~[2][K][P]~[K][P][K] 78dmg
    [P][+][K] MC or [6][4][P] MC~[2][K][P]~[6][6][2][P]~[6][6][P][+][K][P] 80 dmg
    Shun Both satance
    [P][+][K] MC or [6][4][P] MC~[2_][3][P][+][K]~[2][P]~[6][6][P][+][K][P] 75dmg

Close stance Aoi, Lion, Sarah, Vanessa (Both satance)
    [P][+][K] MC[3][3][P][+][K]~[6_][P]~[K][P][K] 83dmg
    Open stance
    [P][+][K] MC[3][P][+][K]~[2][P]~[K][P][K] 82dmg

Against Super light, Light, Lau and Lei
    [P][+][K] MC or [6][4][P] MC~[P]~[P][+][K]~[2][P]~[6][6][P][+][K] 80/84dmg
    Against Brad
    [P][+][K] MC~[P]~[2_][3][P][+][K]~[6][6][2][P]~[6][4][P][+][K][P] 77 dmg
    Against Brad
    [6][4][P]MC~[P]~[2_][3][P][+][K]~[2][P]~[6][6][P][+][K][P] 80/81dmg
    Agaunst Goh
    [P][+][K]MC~[P]~[2_][3][P][+][K]~[2][P]~[6][6][P][+][K][P] 80dmg

Against El blaze, Eileen Aoi both stance
    [3][3][P][+][K]MC~[P]~[6][K][+][G]~[2_][3][P][+][K]~[6][K][K] 92dmg
    Against Sarah
    [3][3][P][+][K]MC~[P]~[6][K][+][G]~[2_][3][P][+][K]~[6][4][P][+][K][P] 88dmg
    Against Pai, Sarah, Lion, Shun both stance
    [3][3][P][+][K]~[6][4][P][+][K][P][G]sundome[K]~[2][P]~[6][6][P][+][K][P] 79dmg
    [6][6][P][+][K] must be buffered

Against Light both stance
    [6][6][K]~dm(back)[3][3][P][+][K]~[P]~[6][6][2][P]~[6][6][P][+][K][P] 75 dmg
    Against mid weight
    [6][6][K]~dm(back)[3][3][P][+][K]~[P]~1fk[2][P]~[6][6][P][+][K][P] 75 dmg

Enjoy

MakiLeSushi, Kruza, Mister and 2 others like this.
  17. KahnRahn

XBL:
    Kahn Rahn
    Another combos :

Against Eileen, El Blaze, Aoi, Sarah, Vanessa, Lion, Pai, Shun (both stance)
    [3][3][P][+][K] (MC)~[P][+][K]~[3][3][P][+][K]~[2][P]~[6][4][P][+][K][P] 88 dmg

Against Eileen, Vanessa (both satance)
    [3][3][P][+][K] (MC)~[P][+][K]~[3][3][P][+][K]~[P]~[6][6][P][+][K][P] 93 dmg

Against El Blaze, Aoi, Sarah, Lion (both stance)
    [3][3][P][+][K] (MC)~[P][+][K]~[3][3][P][+][K]~[2][P]~[6][6][P][+][K][P] 92 dmg

Against Eileen, El Blaze, Aoi, Sarah, Vanessa, Lion, Pai, Shun (both stance)
    [6][6][P][+][K] (MC)~[2_][3][P][+][K]~[3][3][P][+][K]~[2][P]~[6][4][P][+][K][P] 86dmg

Against Aoi, Sarah, Vanessa, Lion, (both stance) Shun (open stance)
    [6][K] (MC)~[2_][3][P][+][K]~[3][3][P][+][K]~[2][P]~[6][4][P][+][K][P] 85dmg

A little trick with Aoi's [4][3][P] to perform some combos.
    Do this move during a string like Vanessa's [K][P][P] or [6][K][K][P][P]. You should be able to reach your opponent with [6][P][P] or [3][P].
    You can do this stuff in side turn of cours.

Combo with [3][P] works on Vanessa

Close stance
    [4][3][P](MC)~[3][P]~[6_][P]~[2_][3][P][+][K]~[2][P]~[6][4][P][+][K][P] 85dmg
    Both stance
    [4][3][P](MC)~[3][P]~[6_][P]~[2_][3][P][+][K]~[2][P]~[6][6][P][+][K][P] 89dmg
    Close stance
    [4][3][P](MC)~[3][P]~[6_][P]~[3][3][P][+][K]~[2][P]~[6][6][P][+][K][P] 89dmg
    both stance
    [4][3][P](MC)~[2_][3][P][+][K]~[2][K][P]~[6][6][2][P]~[6][6][P][+][K][P] 90dmg

Enjoy ;)

18. kingo

PSN:
    kingofvf5
    XBL:
    kingofvf4
    Are they exact techable combos ? ( after [3][3][P][+][K] then [2][P] )

19. KahnRahn

XBL:
    Kahn Rahn
    Yes the dmg number becomes green

beanboy likes this.
  20. kingo

PSN:
    kingofvf5
    XBL:
    kingofvf4
    Sorry, I don't think we should add techable combos in the VFDC combo list...

Lord_Hollow likes this.