1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown

Discussion in 'Arcade' started by TaC, Feb 18, 2010.

1. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    Well, those characters who can stomachcrumple staggered opponents for an easy low throw attempt (Wolf [6] [P]; Blaze [4] [6] [P] [+] [K] ; Aoi [4] [3] [P] [+] [K] iirc) are probably not that glad they lost a bunch of stagger opportunities [​IMG]

2. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    Thought they got rid of stomach crumple->Low throw in R? Anyway, given the damaging options everyone has and the lack of Evade Multiple throw escape, it's probably a good thing we're not seeing as many staggers.

3. Griever

Griever Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Griever_PL
    Yeah, like Marlyjay said, there are no stomach crumple -> low throw options anymore. Furthermore, Aoi's [4][3][P]+[K] doesn't cause stomach crumple on stagger/MC. I causes "balls" crumple [​IMG]

Anyway, I prefer guaranteed damage/frame advantage over a stagger, even though staggers sometimes allow sick setups.

4. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    Replace "easy low throw attempt" with "damaging stomach/vital crumple combo" then [​IMG] My point was that not all characters are affected equally by this system change.

5. Libertine

Libertine Well-Known Member Content Manager Brad Silver Supporter Content Coordinator

Here's some frame data in addition to what was posted by Hollasan for Akira much earlier. I used the Masters Guide when composing these tables.

Akira (Translated and posted by Hollasan, not me)
    Brad (Second table contains stance data from Arcadia)
    Jeffry
    Vanessa

Ash was doing Wolf's, but he was testing a slide at work and got stuck in it. So it might take him a couple more years. [​IMG]

EDIT: Expect some errors in the notes sections. I'm still working on translating that information.

6. Sebo

Sebo Well-Known Member Content Manager Taka Content Manager Jeffry

PSN:
    Sebopants
    I have a lot of school stuff going on right now so my Masterguide won't be of much use for a while, but when I have time I can do Pai/Aoi and whoever else.

7. Libertine

Libertine Well-Known Member Content Manager Brad Silver Supporter Content Coordinator

I'll do Sarah, but after that my translation skills won't be of much use since other characters have kanji in their move names.

8. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

oh this stuff is just delicious. I look forward to doing some nice theory fighter with this when it's all done. . . since it'll be a while until I'll see the game.

If ever.

9. Jaxel

Jaxel Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Jaxelrod
    So umm... yeah... FS for consoles? No news? How long has FS been in arcades now?

10. T_Kang

T_Kang Member

Well FS Ver.A has recently been teased on a trailer... Doubt it's dropping by anytime soon :T.

11. Mackfactor

Mackfactor Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Vf5sega
    Nice read about the changes in FS. If all goes well, i hope to travel there in the next 2 yrs or so if i can save up ( :
    Just curious..

U mentioned off a failed evade if u get hit by a low attk it'll be a CH. Some moves knockdown on MAJOR CH and not on MINOR CH or recovery CH i think.. For example goh's 3K+G, if i hit someone with 3K+G will it be Considered major or minor CH on failed evade?

shit i thought i posted this in the one day in TOKYO THREAD sorry.

12. Chefboy_OB

Chefboy_OB Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Truewiseman
    I'll admit I'm lazy, but I also don't know how I would search for this in the forum.

WIth the changes to speed of throws and the lack of 0f throw I'm wondering what this means for some defensive options.

Specifically I want to know if crouchdash-canceling for fuzzy guard still applies for moves that leave you at -6?

13. KingofcarnageVF

KingofcarnageVF Well-Known Member

If itss back to 9frame throws then fuzzying actually works better

14. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    I'm not sure that I would say fuzzy "works better". Fuzzy guarding in FS is a more strict than it was in vanilla.

The facts:

• Throws in FS are 10 frames.
    • A normal crouch takes 7 frames to reach a crouching state.
    • A crouch dash takes 5 frames to reach a crouching state.
    What it all means:
    • So from -1 to -3 you can perform a normal Fuzzy Guard. In vanilla, you could normal fuzzy up to -5.
    • But from -4 to -5 you can only perform Crouch Dash Fuzzy Guard. In vanilla, you would have to CD Fuzzy at -6.
    • From -6 and worse, no Fuzzy Guard is possible (true nitaku). In vanilla, true nitaku ocurred from -7 and worse.
    So overall, in FS you have a smaller window in which you can perform a normal fuzzy guard, and true nitaku starts a frame earlier than in vanilla.

Suggested reading on the System changes in FS: refer to the sticky thread in this forum Arcadia 124 VF5FS System notes.

15. KingofcarnageVF

You have more frames to block the mid in FS. Fastest mids are 13 frames.I hated fuzzy in Vanilla because I would often get staggered trying. I thinking more on the back end than being able to get under the throw.

16. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

i have a question about jumps. How do they work exactly? I saw something like [9] [G] then an attack like [P] or [K] Does that mean in FS we can jump just pressing [7] or [8] or [9] plus [G] ?

17. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Yes you can jump by pressing the [G] button with the different up positions in FS.

18. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    I don't understand how/why you have more frames to block a mid in FS?

FYI, the fastest mid in Vanilla and FS is Jacky's Lightning Kick at 12 frames. But that's usually treated as an exception to the rule that the fastest mids are generally 14 frames.

19. KingofcarnageVF

Because throws are 12 outside of 0 frame and mids are 14 It always felt like I couldnt stand in time. When I played evo it felt like as soon as i went neutral or forward on the stick that I was considered standing