1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter 5 FS modding

Discussion in 'General' started by YourSoul1sMine, Jan 8, 2022.

1. YourSoul1sMine

YourSoul1sMine New Member

Hello everyone. I'm a newcomer when it comes to Virtua Fighter. I'm been playing Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown and watching videos of various Virtua Fighter games. Particularly VF4 and 5. These past few days, I been modding VF5 FS and swapping songs from the game to songs that I enjoy and fit quite well with the game's atmosphere like Tekken since I'm a huge Tekken fan . Now I'm focusing on changing various sound effects in the game like UI sounds, punch and kick sounds, etc. But unfortunately, I hit a roadblock when it comes to unpacking the .csb files. So, I was wondering, does anyone have knowledge of unpacking these .csb files? I tried numerous tools to unpack them, but to no avail.

joanot likes this.
  2. YourSoul1sMine

YourSoul1sMine New Member

Neithermind everyone. I figured out the problem. The .csb files were compressed. So I had to decompress the .csb files first and then have the ability to edit them. I will be releasing my edits on them in a week or 2 weeks if anyone is interested.

Adam Gibson likes this.