1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter 5 Location Test in Japan Information and News

Discussion in 'Arcade' started by Pai_Garu, Nov 25, 2005.

1. Kiuju

Kiuju Well-Known Member

PSN:
    JOHNNYDANGE12
    Re: New Locationtest coming.

I can see how your all worrying about the leap between 4 and 5. I felt the same way about 3 to 4. Like Akiralove my brother and myself got to test out vf4 before anyone at an arcade mini convention in california a few years back. At first i was really disappointed in the removal of the evade button and i didn't like the art direction at all. Then later I just got so tired of it that I just gave it up I didn't get past evo. When I went to japan last october and I got a chance to play FT I could clearly see the difference in games. It leads me to believe why sega just didn't make it like that in the first place.

Anyway when i get my hands on vf5 this march when I go back to japan i'll let you guys know what I think. From what I can tell it does seem a little like FT. I just might have to resort to old tricks. Anyway its been a while for me and its good to be back.

Nice to see your still at it Ice-9

2. akirasmash8

akirasmash8 Member

wow that really was a lot of diferences from vf4 /versus/images/graemlins/shocked.gif my last play of vf was the vf4 sequel, like year 2003! /versus/images/graemlins/lol.gif

3. Cuz

Cuz Well-Known Member

I wonder if this will have any impact on VF TV?

4. Rik

Rik New Member

hey just a quick noob question, is there any parry system builed in that works like the 3rd stike feature. Just curious seeing as how i think its the only thing really lacking from VF

5. Vith_Dos

Vith_Dos Well-Known Member

I would think this is the wrong thread to ask in but the quick answer is no. The long answer is that many characters have parries and reversals in their movelist. You should go through each characters movelist to find out which ones do what.

6. Masacroso

Masacroso New Member

THIS GAME IS SO GOOD MAN!!! I cant wait to play it /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif

7. supergolden

supergolden Well-Known Member Content Mgr El Blaze

VF5 Month Long Location Test

The Japanese website has been updated and it looks like there is going to be a month long test going on from 3/28 until 4/28!

Namflow and I will probably be in Tokyo the first week of April to check it out...

-Alex

8. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

Re: VF5 Month Long Location Test

I was gonna post about this. Beat me to it /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'll list the locations though.

Æ’Nƒ‰ƒuÆ’ZÆ’KÂÂHâ€â€tΫ Club Sega Akihabara
    Æ’Nƒ‰ƒuÆ’ZÆ’KÂÂVÂÂh¼Œû Club Sega Shinjuku Nishiguchi
    ’r‘ƒÅ“GIGO Ikebukuro GIGO
    Æ’nÆ’CÆ’eÆ’Nƒ‰ƒ“ƒhÆ’ZÆ’KÂÂa’J High Tech Land Sega Shibuya

9. Dandy_J

Dandy_J Well-Known Member

Re: VF5 Month Long Location Test

Well a month long location test should be long enough for players to explore the new evade and other new mechanics, so we can see if VF5 has more to offer or is really VF4 FT2...

10. nobody

nobody Well-Known Member

11. Vith_Dos

Vith_Dos Well-Known Member

Re: Direct Feed

daaaamn thats pretty. and the new intro's are as cheesy as the last ones and are gonna be a hoot lol. Cant wait till this comes stateside. That lion got his butt whooped.

12. akira_lee

akira_lee Active Member

damn..animation so smooth...lovin it!!!!! /versus/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

13. nobody

nobody Well-Known Member

I actually thought the animation was the weakpoint.
    The nice thing is that the videos from VF.NET look to be a full 60 FPS, so getting frame data is going to be much more straightforward.

14. Cuz

Cuz Well-Known Member

Is the recovery from guard canceling faster, or am I just seeing thins again?

15. Dandy_J

Dandy_J Well-Known Member

Unless the Wolf player was just playing around, PK~G may be better than just P in VF5.

16. Stl_Tim

Stl_Tim Well-Known Member

[P][K][G]cancel looks alot faster to me for wolf.

After the cancel he looks to be low throwing from the animation, but unicorn brought up a good point that it maybe because he is much bigger now and it just appears that way.

Discuss...

17. PhoenixDth

PhoenixDth Well-Known Member

to all previous comments
    /versus/images/graemlins/deadpan.gif /versus/images/graemlins/deadpan.gif /versus/images/graemlins/deadpan.gif /versus/images/graemlins/deadpan.gif /versus/images/graemlins/deadpan.gif /versus/images/graemlins/deadpan.gif /versus/images/graemlins/deadpan.gif /versus/images/graemlins/deadpan.gif /versus/images/graemlins/deadpan.gif /versus/images/graemlins/deadpan.gif /versus/images/graemlins/deadpan.gif /versus/images/graemlins/deadpan.gif /versus/images/graemlins/deadpan.gif /versus/images/graemlins/deadpan.gif

18. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    The little things

Yeah I find it interesting that people think PKG is suddenly faster for Wolf. The cancel animation has definitely been reworked which can definitely give the illusion that it's sped up, but..... I doubt it is.

Other little things I've noticed in this clip:

- The english lip synching has improved 100x

- The characters are much more vocal in game. Wolf "YEAAAH" on the giant swing. Lion "YAUUGGHH!!!" on the pounce.

- The characters FINALLY start in an orthodox (left foot forward) stance instead of a southpaw stance (right foot forward). The orthodox stance is one commonly used by right-handed fighters. This has absolutely SHITTED me for years and I almost cried to see it fixed! /versus/images/graemlins/lol.gif Yes, I can be shallow when I want to be.

19. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Have you guys noticed how still the stage is? I mean, the stage is totally devoid of any animations whatsover. Maybe that's on purpose--the stage's theme is clearly a somber one, but I hope the other stages would feel a little more alive.

The animations of the characters themsevles though are gorgeous!

20. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE

My guess (and hope) is the background looks flat and unmoving because this is still the test.