1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter 5 Location Test in Japan Information and News

Discussion in 'Arcade' started by Pai_Garu, Nov 25, 2005.

1. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

Re: The little things

Yeah, subtle changes in the animation give a look of speed. I always got a laugh out of how crazy Brad's PKG looked; the first couple of times you see it though you stall. I think Wolf's PKG will be the same stat-wise as it was.

I was noticing the extra noises as well and I am glad for it. One of the worst things about VF has always been the recycled "blurts". If you ever play the game on console without sound you'll go nuts after a while of hearing the same sounds again and again.

The animation was a little iffy to me. There didn't seem to be any weight to the characters. The biggest issue I have though is just in the skin....It looks very bad.

Otherwise it is an impressive clip. Would love to see more of the system.

GE

2. nin

nin Well-Known Member

Re: Direct Feed

The stage seems like a remake of VF2 dural stage to me....but it definitely have way better sense of depth when you compare it to VF4.....

3. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Re: The little things

I agreee...there are very few arts that teach power hand forward...except JKD concepts.

4. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

its a VF2 dural stage conversion clearly, look at far baclground

5. MADrox

MADrox Well-Known Member

yeah, I loved the dural stage. We should have an underground water stage again,, the gameplay would be soo unique again..
    im still hoping for a couple subtle multilevel stages , VF3 style.

float-stino

6. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

The still background reminds me of the day of 2d parallax on the Saturn - which is to say they better be fucking with me. Very lifeless save the actually fighters themselves, although Sega seems to be achieving the very weird look vf3 had. (wow so nice! but why do they look like mannequins??) I will still love VF though so I'll get over it.

Edit: I retract my statement about lifeless stages... it just seems to be this stage in particular. In other clips there are various animations which give good ambience.

P.S : This clips totally reminds me of "owned" clip of me giant swinging Shang all over the place a while back /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

7. wasted

wasted Well-Known Member

did I see an Angle Slam?

8. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Yeah, it looks like AM2 loves those WWE superstar moves (HHH pedigree, Kurt Angle slam, etc). Interesting how the Wolf player switched to a backturned stance/run after the K.O. too.

9. danny13

danny13 Well-Known Member

ALL the stages background really looked very dull and plain compared to FT although characters looked damn good.

Mukki won this chest that had a bright red ball in it. It was added to this rock ring that had 5 slots for more balls. I swore I saw Kage's new stance that had him charging and glowing like a super hadoken.

10. Dandy_J

Dandy_J Well-Known Member

11. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

you better retract that mannequin comment too, buddy

12. nin

nin Well-Known Member

The lighting is very great, it all most seems real to me at first glance but IMO the background is done better than the characters. Danny 13 maybe right, it had a very empty and lifeless feeling to it, one thing i notice is that VF hardly have any by standing persons/ audience in the background, except VF4 wolf's stage. Maybe sega trying to do something different to all other fighter in the market??

13. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

God fucking help me with this music - MY EARS, THEY <font color="red">BLEED</font> .

On a side note did anyone notice the different "WInner" tracks at the end of each match? I wonder if they are independent to the character or stage.. hmm.

14. YuuKun

YuuKun Well-Known Member

arrrggghh.....................the music is secretly composed by Namco's SC evil artist, jeopardising VF5 music. NOOOOoooooooooooooooooooo! /versus/images/graemlins/tear.gif

15. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Namco's SC evil artist

[/ QUOTE ]

I knew I smelled bullshit. This doesn't sound anything like VF music, just bad.. so bad.

16. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

good lord, thank god I am not alone in the bad bgm department!

17. Dandy_J

Dandy_J Well-Known Member

El Blaze and Sarah's (?) music sound great imo.

Beach stage music is ass. Yes, your midi keyboard has a slap bass patch, that's wonderful, no ones gives a shit!

18. RagingSilver

RagingSilver Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Dandy_J said:

http://vf4db.versus.jp/movie/vf5_location_test01.wmv

[/ QUOTE ]

woah, drool worthy footage. Nice to see Lion and his new moves in play as well as the new gal in action. Very cool stuff indeed. I seriously can't wait to get muh grubby hands on this game.

Last video with Wolf Vs Lion was pretty cool stuff too. Show me some Goh!!!

19. Vith_Dos

Vith_Dos Well-Known Member

El Blaze is one fucked up dude man. I think he is a game show announcer who moonlights as a spanish wrestler (but not very well) and he has a mean streak to him. After SG beat up pai in that match he calls her fat ! AM2's taunts are really starting to get personal.

20. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

I dunno, I am 50/50 on the BGM...I guess I have to see. I think the professionalism of the sound is better - it has a richer sound and more depth. One thing I noticed is that sega seemed to take a lot of the base out of the hits. The two new characters are very tekkenish.