1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter 5 Location Test in Japan Information and News

Discussion in 'Arcade' started by Pai_Garu, Nov 25, 2005.

1. PhoenixDth

PhoenixDth Well-Known Member

Re: Direct Feed

I dont think blaze is tekkenish at all other than appearance. His movelist seems very vf to me at the moment. If anything Lion is becoming very "tekkeny". Doing the splits to low hit /versus/images/graemlins/deadpan.gif

about the music other than arena stage. . . Midi synthesizers wtf !!!!!!

2. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

this game could have been FT with a 4 megabyte ram cartrige /versus/images/graemlins/indifferent.gif

why did it take so long??

3. Crazy_Galaxy

Crazy_Galaxy Well-Known Member

Go watch the pai vs kage clip in the usa city stage, restored some of my faith in how it hopefully won't bet vf4 ft.5 , oh and the new goh one's are pretty good.

4. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

Can you post adirect link of that match? Tnx ^^

5. wasted

wasted Well-Known Member

6. RagingSilver

RagingSilver Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    _optimus_ said:

Go watch the pai vs kage clip in the usa city stage, restored some of my faith in how it hopefully won't bet vf4 ft.5 , oh and the new goh one's are pretty good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen to that video. It restored my faith in the new game and I no longer saw the game as another "upgrade". If they make all the stages and BGM's like that video, VF5 is seriously gonna kick some ass. The games still young so many changes can happen. Can't wait.

7. Dandy_J

Dandy_J Well-Known Member

Hey you know the flip stun that can be teched now? You know, Jacky's 43ppp, pp8p, Vanessa's OS 2kpp, Akira's 46p+k+g, evade attack...

You end up face-down, head-towards before you tech, so you can be back staggered from it.

8. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    RagingSilver said:

[ QUOTE ]
    _optimus_ said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen to that video. It restored my faith in the new game and I no longer saw the game as another "upgrade". If they make all the stages and BGM's like that video, VF5 is seriously gonna kick some ass. The games still young so many changes can happen. Can't wait.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah u guys are right, visually the backgrounds are amazing~ but ... yeh, im just waiting for system info coz that's when the game actually gets interesting 0 _0

9. Unicorn

Unicorn Well-Known Masher Content Manager Wolf

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz

Did anyone recognize in the las Akira vs Lau vid, that in Lau's [2_],[6]+[P]+[G] throw does not fit animation with sounds?

BTW how it is with throw/hit crosshit? I read that if you are about 0 - +3, throw will "sabaki like" hit; in vids I saw it many times. But what in situations like +7? Throw beats hit? Or hit beats throw again? Anyone know some more detail info about how this new stuff works like?

10. Dandy_J

Dandy_J Well-Known Member

OK I am totally thinking a lot about the side-turned stun on moves, like Akira's new double fist move and Kage's new K+G. I was chatting with SuperG last night, asking about how sideturned stuff works. I mean, I understand if you get a side hit, you can get a combo or whatever, but what about just having some advantage on a sidetured opponent? This seems to happen quite a lot, like after the moves I just mentioned, after the new P+G -> push throws, after certain throws are ecaped, or after you evade a move with offensive dodge that has good recovery.

Then it dawned on me that when side turned, you can't evade properly. Try evading from back turned in VF4 and watch what happens. You'll just re-align yourself, and if your opponent does a move, it'll hit. You won't be able to use offensive evade either, since it comes out of normal evade. So you can just hold G to guard any attacks, and I'm thinking throws will not have enough range to get you with a forced guessing game here, but still a guessing game that really limits you.

Additionally, what will happen if you get in one of these situations and hold G, and your opponent simply does offensive dodge to your back? Will you re-align? Or get back-crumpled?

11. Trojan X

Trojan X Well-Known Member

Correct me if I'm wrong. Is VF3 the only VF that can evade when your back is facing towards the opponent? Unless I was imagining things there were countless occasions when I had my back towards the opponent and when I pressed the dodge button i smoothly side-step turn to front face toward my opponent on most oncoming attacks. E.g. sometimes if the opponent performs a high-kick I would pass underneath their leg to either their side or front depending on the feet positioning of me and my opponent.

12. Unicorn

Unicorn Well-Known Masher Content Manager Wolf

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz

Any news about the new test version, which runs on arcades from (AFAIK) monday? I heard there are some significant changes, but nothing concrete...

13. Saiten

Saiten Active Member

Ok, I've read the whole thread and I still dont understand how slower throws make Thow characters stronger. punches are 11 frames and throws are about 12~14 frames. punch beats throw out. how does that increase strategy? If I'm hit why should I duck when I can just input P because attacks takes priority over throws anyway. [what I mean is if an attack and throw are done at the same. time the attack wins] Furthermore why not just buffer throw escape guard, in that window, to prevent the mid attack and the throw?

Also what does fuzzy gaurd mean? [I'm new to the boards so I dont know the terminology.]

14. Jason Cha

Jason Cha Well-Known Member

Re: New Locationtest coming.

Guess I haven't been around in a while. Honestly, I have been out of VF for the last few years. Just wanted to post though that I played the most recent location test, and, VF5 is very interesting to me.

Anyone who doubts the graphics needs to see it in person. It is a significant step forward from Naomi 2, though I suppose the particular models are similar to the VF4 ones, which is why the difference isn't as apparent. But have no doubt, Sega has done something special with the graphics this time around.

As for gameplay, I can't speak too much to that. I didn't keep up with VF4 Evo, or FT, so I'm woefully behind in terms of being anywhere near decent with the game. I just know for me, this latest location test, plays significantly different from VF4 FT. Is it a evolution as opposed to a revolution? I dunno. I don't know enough to say (though perhaps the fact it's not obvious to me says something). All I know is that I think even for final tuned experts there will be a nice bit of learning to be done to be as good at this iteration.

I'm excited. VF5 is good.

Best,

-Jason

15. loempiavreter

loempiavreter New Member

Re: New Locationtest coming.

Beach stage music is the best, i'm a sucker for bass in general, some relaxed slapping will surely help me on my matches.