1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter 5 Location Test Videos MEGA THREAD!!

Discussion in 'VF.TV' started by Pai_Garu, Apr 8, 2006.

1. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

2. OAG_3K

OAG_3K Active Member

Yeah making one thread just is easier for everyone. BTW Lau's opening taunt shows him coughing I guess the illness is getting to him!

3. akira_lee

akira_lee Active Member

[ QUOTE ]
    up2676.wmv - Kage vs Akira

[/ QUOTE ]
    akira rocks!! now [4][6][P]+[G] is a juggler...
    he looks even so much like ryu though now, especially in that white/white clothing /versus/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

4. PhoenixDth

PhoenixDth Well-Known Member

5. Jeneric

Jeneric Well-Known Member

Vanessa's new knee launcher is a much welcome addition. Looks like they nerfed the range of her low catch throws and they now look more like the standard low throws.

6. Jeneric

Jeneric Well-Known Member

*check filefront*

Presenting the Brad show!

7. Crazy_Galaxy

Crazy_Galaxy Well-Known Member

no me too seems there's no audio for the shun vs jeff (shun stage).
    Glad to see Chowan still works : )

8. OAG_3K

OAG_3K Active Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Jeneric said:

Presenting the Brad show!

[/ QUOTE ]
    Brad's voice is much deeper. Also his tatoo's rocks!

9. Zero-chan

Zero-chan Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Jeneric said:

Vanessa's new knee launcher is a much welcome addition. Looks like they nerfed the range of her low catch throws and they now look more like the standard low throws.

[/ QUOTE ]

Looking at them closely, I don't think they're even catch throws any more. When they whiff the animation looks like that of a standard low throw rather than the special catch-throw animations of VF4.

I also noticed that Lion seems to low-guard the second part of Vanessa's wall throw /versus/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

10. Dandy_J

Dandy_J Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Zero-chan said:
    I also noticed that Lion seems to low-guard the second part of Vanessa's wall throw /versus/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    Yeah wtf is up with that...

11. Kratos

Kratos Well-Known Member

Yeah, saw that too. A glitch?
    It sux if you be able to block it now.

12. zzZzz

zzZzz New Member

I saw that block and counter-throw too....I really hope it doesn't stay in the game when it's released.

13. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

I'm really liking Brad's new look alot more than the other characters so far.

14. PhoenixDth

PhoenixDth Well-Known Member

i heard you can throw break her multipart wall throw in FT, kind of like jeffs [4][6][P]+[G] throw and you have to nitaku escape the 2nd command. [6][P]+[G] or [4][P]+[G]. Whether that low block is the escape animation i have no clue. Either way having that block option shouldnt make much of a difference in nitaku situation.

any vanessa players care to elaborate - cough kenan!

15. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

Breakin her second part of the throw is nothing new, it's the same in Evo.

Dre; yeah I really like Brad so far as well but I'm kinda afraid of how the (old) evade nerf will effect his game. I liked to evade > launch a lot with Brad.
    Was very happy when I saw in the latest clip that Srider put up (Brad vs Sarah vs1.wmv) some sort of low spinpunch similar to albatross low that Steve has in T5. It looked like a knockdown on normalhit and so Brads lowgame has been greatly improved while you had to do 2k+g before and pray to the gods etc. He seems to have many new and fun tools but not many have been showcased so far.

/KiwE

16. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    I liked to evade > launch a lot with Brad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not that you've had access to FT, but this tactic was weakened in that game.

17. maddy

maddy Well-Known Member

Kiwe: I think the low move is the one added in FT. It seems like it causes a leg crumple on some sort of red counter.

The musics are interesting, and I really like the stages so far. VF5 looks like the flashest 3D fighting game by far, and hopefully that will attract lots of new players to give VF a try in the U.S who avoided VF for it not being flash enough.

To me, the system from VF4 hasn't been simplified a bit. There are a lot of new stuff PLUS the VF4 stuff, which means the game is more complicated than VF4. I don't know how the general U.S. gaming community would think of its even more added complexity, but I hope for the best. Hopefully there will be some new generation of serious players emerging from the western community.

The only thing I am not a fan of so far on VF5 is that it has a different hit sound(weak). For example, the hit sound on Pai's elbow is much weaker than that in VF4. The added voice effect on a lot of characters' moves makes the game flashier and more interesting, but the weakened sound effect on hit seems to counter that by a lot. If you are a fan of the hit sound on Jeffry's knee or Akira's double palm in VF4, you'd know what I mean. Just compare how it sounds when Pai's elbow hits on VF4 to that in VF5, and you will notice the difference.

18. thebradSHow

thebradSHow Well-Known Member

a more so technical thing that I like, Brad starts in closed stance just like everyone else now, his animation seems more fluid in 5, if not a little bit weird for it (I think it will help his game on a visual level) and it seems like his throws get better oki which is a good thing cause I think that is one of the things he lacks in VF4 at least evo (his moves are improved in FT and hence I think his Oki is as well). I am also liking his special evade move, it seems to be a good poke move but on a note, in the sara vid, she couldn't punish Brad if he had a Kage's 8P+K equivilant.

19. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    maddy said:

Kiwe: I think the low move is the one added in FT. It seems like it causes a leg crumple on some sort of red counter.

[/ QUOTE ]

No I'm pretty sure it isn't that one (1p). The FT move low p is something different, it can be seen in a Brad vs Shun movie on Aurora looking the same as it does in FT@ 00.40. Here, in this movie, Brad turns a full circle before landing his punch (making me think it's atleast semicircular).

Brad seems to do a new kick in the absolute beginning of the round aswell (it's not the kpk variant - notice how he changes stance) and then ofc the new 3 hit combo from sway (which I'm very uncertain of the function of)..

/KiwE

20. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    [ QUOTE ]
    maddy said:

The added voice effect on a lot of characters' moves makes the game flashier and more interesting...

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the additional voice effects. I do hope they make new recordings of the old voice effects left over. To me, the old Jeff/Akira voices are too far from the new one to leave both in.

I just keep reminding myself...

This is a test. This is only a test. If this was the real VF5 you'd have been at AI a long time ago. /versus/images/graemlins/cool.gif